Which footballer are you? - Who do you play like?

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby The Ace1983 » Sun May 07, 2006 3:43 pm

Kewell. If I'm not going past someone and putting a cross in, I'm injured.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Sun May 07, 2006 5:07 pm

I play like Madonna

:D No..Not Maradona -Madonna

Im a great dancer tho :oops:
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Sun May 07, 2006 7:34 pm

hmm i would say luis garcia for me, i screw up a lot but i always have moments of skill
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue May 09, 2006 3:00 am

Well I only play 5 a side now, but the opposition tend to call me Gerrard as I run straight at them and have got a thunderous shot. (The similarity ends there, as I am highly inaccurate!)

I model my own play on Xabi Alonso's. I am good at passing when I concentrate, particularly over distance.

In my team, I am the worst tackler, the least agile, the worst 'keeper and the slowest.

However, my first-touch isn't bad for a big lad, I am the tallest, the strongest, the most powerful, the 2nd-best header, and the best striker of the ball (albeit totally inaccurate when shootingwith power).

If a ball needs tw*tting, then I'm your man!!!!! :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheoRacle » Tue May 09, 2006 3:46 am

Henry who else....? :D  Used to think I was Kevin Keegan though.

Seriously good question though and very hard to answer objectively.  I play as a striker (RW last season), I can hold up the bell well, don't mind getting stuck in, have good vision,  have been known to play some great passes and still have a reasonable turn of speed for a 37 year old.  Stamina and fitness though takes its toll though these days so I tend to need 5 mins to recover between bursts of activity  :D .

Would any one like to suggest who that reminds them of?

note: forgot to add that I can't head a ball to save my life though!
Last edited by TheoRacle on Tue May 09, 2006 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
"My Maserati does one eighty five - I lost my license, now I don't drive..."
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Tue May 09, 2006 5:56 am

i play like traore would if he were blindfolded. can i be on your team?
:D :p

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Houllier=LFC » Tue May 09, 2006 7:21 pm

Mates said i tried really hard to emulate David Ginola, cos we both play on left flank using right foot and love cutting in at the same angle for a shot :D
Houllier=LFC

Postby hello_red » Thu May 11, 2006 6:44 pm

i like to think i can pass like Xabi Alonso and score like a 21 year old Mr. Fowler! But unfortunately i play like Ronaldinho! its a pity i know but meh, wadda you gonna do!?
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby Rafa D » Thu May 11, 2006 8:55 pm

I am a younger gazza, brilliant when I was younger played for two teams, carried one of them. Then in the slums of Birkenhead I became a tearaway teen at 14 and through it all away, Now Im 19 stone and am knackered after 5 mins :(

The joys of youth!!!  Even more heart breaking is my best mate, we where both great but he had trials with Wolves and was offered a chance to train with them, but as we found the vices of life, he packed it in shame  :(
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 73-1141222089 » Sat May 20, 2006 5:31 pm

In my head I was always Hansen marshalling the defense or Molby in midfield.....

Most of me mates say that I play like a beached whale now that I'm older and slower.... always flopping around and puffing like crazy after 10 minutes..... So I gues now you could say that I play like MOBY Dick.... :D
73-1141222089

Postby 1234ram » Sat May 20, 2006 5:36 pm

every 1 says i play like luis garcia
i  can bring moments off magic
all thogh some time i show boat 2 mch and lose the ball easliy
lol
1234ram

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Sat May 20, 2006 5:51 pm

I play like which ever goalkeeper im following at the time, I used to play like dudek more shot stopping and flamboyant saves, but now im like pepe more solid and more concered about beating the ball away than tipping it round the post in a "one for the cameras" save.

I also hold the ball with low shots alot more. So yeah I now play like Pepe Reina, but more like his first half cup final self. hehe :p
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BOODIDDY » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:32 am

when younger use to try to mould my game on molby and redknapp. Im a great passer long, short and through balls. Play centre mid but now i like to get forward often like gerrard. The lads are saying im lazy now cos when we have the ball they say they always look for me to do something. But they reckon when defending i have gone missing. Discussing it in the pub yesterday. I was :censored: off cos i thought i was brilliant defending for them. But they all disagreed.

They did put me number one in the team though. I felt like old big head. Cocky little :censored: i was yesterday.
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:53 am

I always wanted to be the new Roger Hunt (I went to same Grammar School as him but much later) I did score a lot of goals in the first division same as Roger did  but it was Wigan League first div in my case. When I later played for the civil service I wanted to be Kevin Keegan (Im taller and more handsome, he got the skill the money the fame and the birds  :(  )
account deleted by request

Postby Good Bob » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:31 am

Michael Ballack.

Tall, fairly skillfull, good touch and brains, aggressive but lazy.
Very rarely give the ball away and score alot of goals from midfield.
Good Bob

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge