Biscan to go? - What does biscan offer, really?

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby scott23inlondon » Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:13 pm

OK, I'm not just bitter about the Marseille result, or the fact that this guy was pretty much to blame for both goals we conceeded at southampton, he's just a liability.

Why on earth does GH persist in playing him when everyone in football knows that Henchoz is a far better defender.

I've never felt comfortable with Biscan at the back and I don't think that Hypia has faith in him either.

Come on GH, Biscan has to be one of the first out of the door come the summer.
scott23inlondon

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:28 am

What does Biscan offer really? The answer is next to nothing
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:35 am

I actually felt sorry for the fella,as he trudged off the pitch to the dressing room.It was GH that put poor Igor,the centre-midfield player,into the position of centre-half even though everyone in the entire universe could see he was totally out of his depth there.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby whylongball? » Sat Apr 03, 2004 7:29 am

think the guy should be on Rite Back position...thats the best he can offer..no where else
whylongball?

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:11 pm

i would pay him whatever he wants to f##k off! hes the worst player i have ever seen.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrLiverpool » Sat Apr 03, 2004 9:12 pm

I know his not that good but his not the worst player. Henchoz is much better.Biscan is good enough for the bench.
I felt sorry for him after marseille it was the refs fault furstly it was outside the box secondly he hardly touched his shorts thirdly marlet took ages to fall and fourtly he had a shot which means he played atvantage.
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:42 pm

When a ref plays an advantage in those situations and the team doesn't take advantage, the rules say that he can call the game back and give the foul.

Biscan fouled Marlet outside the area but I think the ref was right as Biscan continued to hold onto Marlet inside the area. Its one of those grey areas about whether you award the free from the place the foul began, but Biscan's foul was unusual as it wasn't a tackle but was a continous foul which continued into the area.

I doubt if Biscan really has a natural position. He has always been a utility player in my eyes, and sadly incapable of quality in any position.

I would play him as an emergency right back (he used to play there occasionally for Croatia) where he can use his engine to get forward, but I don't fancy him in centre midfield and he's untrustworthy at centre half.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby ckay » Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:52 pm

It wasn't a penalty. The rule book states that the free kick is to be taken from where the offence began. Unfortunatly, it was a sending off offence due to him being the last man. Can't fault him to much really. It would have all been different if he'd got away with it as so many players do.
How many of us have grabbed a shirt of stuck the boot in on a sunday morning???
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Apr 05, 2004 6:03 pm

ckay wrote:How many of us have grabbed a shirt of stuck the boot in on a sunday morning???

I used to do that on a saturday night till the missus red carded me  :D
Did anyone see Biscan play before he came to us ? and was he any good ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby DrLiverpool » Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:56 am

Ive seen him play in Croatia.
He looked pure class cos all the other players around him were sh*t.
His not good enough for the starting line-up but is a great sub.
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rimetto » Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:32 am

How many games haas Biscan cost us the season?i Can think of 3

What is GH looking at i think they should move him to the KOP because obviosly the view from the dugout is obstructed by something. What's wrong witht the partnership Hypia and Henchoz? They where the best defence partnership in the premiership for 2 seasons in a row. But no Gh and his crazy decisions once again plays the Muppett that is Biscan.
Rimetto
LFC Elite Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:58 am

supersub wrote:I actually felt sorry for the fella,as he trudged off the pitch to the dressing room.It was GH that put poor Igor,the centre-midfield player,into the position of centre-half even though everyone in the entire universe could see he was totally out of his depth there.

Once again this raises questions about Fooliers tactical acumen. :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:35 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Biscan fouled Marlet outside the area but I think the ref was right as Biscan continued to hold onto Marlet inside the area. Its one of those grey areas about whether you award the free from the place the foul began, but Biscan's foul was unusual as it wasn't a tackle but was a continous foul which continued into the area.

I've made that EXACT point many times, but fans will sadly interpret rules to their own ends and the "first foul" cr@p always gets brought up. He fouled him several times up to the point at which the shot took place, the ref let the other fouls go as they didn't really affect the striker. I have no problem with the decision, others will make a big issue of it. For me the crux was the red card and not the penalty, we were the better side up to that point and could easily have won with XI players still on the pitch
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ynwa » Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:47 pm

isgor is s##t he his not a defender he is not a liverpool player infact
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:49 pm

Yet he'll probably start against Arsenal......... Anyone who would do such a thing does not deserve to be Liverpool manager, Henry could rip Biscan to pieces
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge