WEST HAM VS LIVERPOOL - Sat 5.30 pm kick off (espn)

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby maguskwt » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:35 pm

Number 9 wrote:
maguskwt wrote:Carlton Cole gave Carragher a horror night... I won't mind having Cole as a back up striker for us...

:D
He could back up the tea lady...ffs wise up!

so what then you wanna buy David Villa? oh wait... we got no money...  :;):
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:37 pm

Look Lakes I'm not having a pop or anything mate, but you might be better of starting a new thread if you want to discuss this, or alternatively find one of the many threads which cover it. Any discussion here will get lost on the match thread, there'll be another six pages of stuff whcih is nothing to do with what you're on about by the time the kettle has boiled and you've found the tea bags down the back of the cornflake box.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:40 pm

Will reserve my judgement till i've sore the fecker. Listened to it on Radio city and it sounded like carra had a tw@t of a game . Just to get things clear though. We did win didn't we?
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:42 pm

bigmick wrote:Look Lakes I'm not having a pop or anything mate, but you might be better of starting a new thread if you want to discuss this, or alternatively find one of the many threads which cover it. Any discussion here will get lost on the match thread, there'll be another six pages of stuff whcih is nothing to do with what you're on about by the time the kettle has boiled and you've found the tea bags down the back of the cornflake box.

you are right mate, but in truth talking about it on here always ends up the same way so dont even mind not talking about it. for once i did not even start it.

someone said our bench was weak and asked who gound get us a goal, as a joke i said Crouch, keane and alonso..........then ciggy went off on one .

anyway i think she will be happy to know that thats me done for the night.

have a good night all.

well done lads you did not give up, well done west ham for giving it your all, made a great game of it.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dazzer » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:45 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Will reserve my judgement till i've sore the fecker. Listened to it on Radio city and it sounded like carra had a tw@t of a game . Just to get things clear though. We did win didn't we?

Yes we did only mistake carra made all game was a 70/30 pen and that is being over the top slight nudge you don't see them given often.First header was teams fault as 4 of them was around carlton cole and didn't even get close.But Overall we did well we had to score 3 winners and that for me counts as a good performance overall.So march on !!!  :buttrock
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:49 pm

The_Rock wrote:Well 2 area for benitez to think about.

Action :
- Attacking corners : Gerrard to stop taking corners (he should be in the box more)
- Defending corners : We got to put men at both of the post of the goal frame.

Benefits :
a)We should score more goals with gerrard in the box
b)Concede less goals during corners.

Hmm. Gerrard is the best dead ball taker we have, so a) he should be taking most corners and free kicks, and b) he should be taking corners simply for the reason that if the ball gets cleared from the area and retreived by our mid, then it can quickly be shipped back out to him in an advanced wide area so that he can either cut inside for a strike, or put another ball back into the box. Having Gerrard not be taking our corners is not going to somehow improve our chances from scoring a goal from one.

Agree about conceding less from set plays, but then again that's obvious, and sometimes unnavoidable. That's football. Not Zonal Marking.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:49 pm

Dazzer wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:Will reserve my judgement till i've sore the fecker. Listened to it on Radio city and it sounded like carra had a tw@t of a game . Just to get things clear though. We did win didn't we?

Yes we did only mistake carra made all game was a 70/30 pen and that is being over the top slight nudge you don't see them given often.First header was teams fault as 4 of them was around carlton cole and didn't even get close.But Overall we did well we had to score 3 winners and that for me counts as a good performance overall.So march on !!!  :buttrock

Oh that's good ,for a minute there i though we were battered 4-0 or something.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:52 pm

Dazzer wrote:

???

You must have missed the first minute, mate, where Carra dallied on the ball for a criminal length of time at the edge of his own box before that Hines pace merchant nicked it off him and curled it around Reina.  Thank feck it hit the post and ricocheted back into Pepe's grateful arms or we would have been in the sh!te straight away.

That said, Carra pulled himself together and looked much steadier second half.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby abbiedukes » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:55 pm

Watch the highlights of the FIVE GOAL thriller!!

West Ham 2-3 Liverpool

http://liverpoolfcgoals.webs.com :laugh:
abbiedukes

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:55 pm

The Good Yank wrote:
ruskiy playmaker wrote:Really disappointed with Gerrard today though.  He gave the ball away a lot and didn't put much energy into the game.  If any of our attacking players deserve to be dropped its definitely got to be him.

Wow, now I've heard it all.

Drop Gerrard, Brilliant Idea :help

I actually agree. Not because he was poor, or been poor, but for the fact that our captain looks shattered. He deffintely looked lethargic a times. Still had a fairly decent game, though. Well, bossed it at times, really.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:58 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
The Good Yank wrote:
ruskiy playmaker wrote:Really disappointed with Gerrard today though.  He gave the ball away a lot and didn't put much energy into the game.  If any of our attacking players deserve to be dropped its definitely got to be him.

I actually agree. Not because he was poor, or been poor, but for the fact that our captain looks shattered. He deffintely looked lethargic a times. Still had a fairly decent game, though. Well, bossed it at times, really.

Aurelio is a better set piece taker than gerrard
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:01 pm

I'll say this to sum our season up so far before I jaunt on, is that I'm really worried that our season hinges on sorting out the cohesion in defense when it comes to dealing with set plays. We either sort that or expect to be fighting for 4th spot this season. It's not a knee-jerk, it's an observation. Far, far too many mistakes being made and our manager and players seriously need to sort that out. Overall, everywhere else we are fairly solid, if not actually stronger in certain areas that really needed to be last season.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:03 pm

metalhead wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
The Good Yank wrote:

Aurelio is a better set piece taker than gerrard

Not sure about that. Left peg, yeah. But Gerrard's as good as, if not better than anyone we have. Maybe he could take them from the left.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:07 pm

Good result.  I actually think we played pretty well today, we controlled the midfield and created a fair few chances.  We could have scored more than three to be honest, they got a few decent shots blocked and we messed up a few final balls.

Definitely there is cause for concern at the back.  Carra looked like he'd been on the sauce last night, worst game he's had in a long time.  He fruited around on the ball a few minutes in and lost it for that Hines lad to hit the post, he got stripped for pace and gave away a blatant pen when he should have let the lad past (no guarantee he'd have scored or picked out a team mate from that angle) and finally I'd put him at fault for the header Cole scored.  He was closest man to Cole as the corner came in, Cole didn't even move much, Carra then left Cole to attack the ball and missed it, leaving Cole with an easy goal - just watch it, it's definitely Carra at fault.  All game long he looked slow.

I thought Benayoun and Torres were excellent.  Gerrard was quiet again and Johnson and Insua did well enough.  Mascherano looked up for it and played his best game this season (although not yet on top of his game) and Lucas actually played alright - I noticed him making a few forward passes which is definite improvement from midweek.

Babel put in another decent subs performance.  Another couple of those and he might deserve another chance from the start.  I won't hold my breath, but the lad has the talent.  I also think it has helped him being played on the right, it's his best position imo.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:07 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
Dazzer wrote:

Oh that's good ,for a minute there i though we were battered 4-0 or something.

No mate we won, would have been a great win but for that goal stealing b@stard Kuyt...... that was Gerrards goal,and was definately going in and Gerrards my Captain and he's cost me a lot of points  :angry:  :D
account deleted by request

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games