SOUTHAMPTON V LIVERPOOL 16/3/13 KO 3.00 PM

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:48 pm

kartiek » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:45 pm wrote:Forget Europe. We're not catching up quite obviously. We need to focus on trying to get our defense in order.

I have a feeling that even though Coutinho has been great with skills, and movement, I think he's been often poor with his passing, he needs to work on that.

I thought the whole team looked really really tired and off-speed today. Johnson has been poor for a long time. I didn't look at the third goal but I'm guessing Skrtel played a major role in that. We need a more dominant leader in center half. And we need a good understudy to Reina. Henderson should also play more, he was phenomenal up to the point where he suddenly stopped being called on by Rodgers. Weird.

Agree in parts.

Way too early to be criticising Countinho.

Johnson has been terrible today but in terms of this season he has been good for me. Still the best right back in the league.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:50 pm

kartiek » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:45 pm wrote: I didn't look at the third goal but I'm guessing Skrtel played a major role in that.

If he had backed off any further he would have been in the stands
Last edited by Boocity on Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:50 pm

We really missed Carragher's organization today. We really need a dominent CB..

2 steps forward 1 step back still means we are moving forward...
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:52 pm

Well we got exactly what we deserve after that performance
Benny The Noon

Postby Boocity » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:55 pm

Benny The Noon » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:52 pm wrote:Well we got exactly what we deserve after that performance

can't argue with that Benny, Totally mistified where these non-performances come from
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:55 pm

Oh dear. Shame we couldn't maintain our form as we were on a good run.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:56 pm

I think i will go and cheer myself up by watching England get the grand slam
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:56 pm

Boocity » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:55 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:52 pm wrote:Well we got exactly what we deserve after that performance

can't argue with that Benny, Totally mistified where these non-performances come from

The set up and tactics were all wrong - two in the middle and one of them the out of form Allen.

BR takes the blame for this
Benny The Noon

Postby The Raven » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:57 pm

Skrtel

That is all
The Raven

Postby Boocity » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:00 pm

Benny The Noon » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:56 pm wrote:

The set up and tactics were all wrong - two in the middle and one of them the out of form Allen.

dead right why he had to change a winning team I don't know
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedHands » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:02 pm

Just watched the second half, but we were played off the park by Southampton. We never had a foothold in the middle of the park all day. Our defense was also awful particularly Skrtel and Johnson. Skrtel on the 3rd goal just kept backing up and giving the guy space until he was almost in the goal.

The current side just doesn't look or feel balanced. I'm not really sure what formation we are playing right now, but I don't think its a 4-3-3. We need to go back to 3 central midfielders (Lucas, Gerrard, and Henderson). And dropping one of Coutinho, Downing, or Sturridge. We also have a worrying habit of playing long balls instead of keeping the ball on the deck.

I thought we were screaming out for substitution in the 60-70th minute! Don't understand why BR doesn't use his allotted 3 subs ever.
RedHands
LFC Basic Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:03 pm

Easily outplayed by relegation fodder.

Brad Jones was our best player.

Individual performances were terrible. Johnson was gnash, Sturridge quiet & frustrating again, Suarez poor, Gerrard poor and Skertel was poor, Allen played for Southampton in the first half.

How or why Rodgers' little pet got picked in today's team only he knows. I think Rodgers disrespected Southampton by playing an extremely poor and out of form Allen in the hope he'd come good against lowly opposition. We're soft in the center and Rodgers only compounds this.

He has a lot to learn and his arrogance needs reigning in a bit.

f.ucked off.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:04 pm

Benny The Noon » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:56 pm wrote:

We played with the same tactics against Tottenham, Wigan and Swansea and won. The only difference was that we had Lucas in midfield instead of Allen. I think that was the crucial part today.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:10 pm

Well we beat Spurs because they gifted us after two mistakes and it was after we changed to 3 in the middle.

Wigan we were very good but Wigan and indeed Swansea offered nothing that day - as soon as a team comes at us we struggle with just the two in the middle and have no control in the game
Benny The Noon

Postby Doeboy » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:11 pm

Watched the game and it was really poor stuff from us. They could have ran away with it early on in the first half and at 2-1 down at half time I was happy as thought we would sort it out 2nd half and have a real go at them but very flat performance. Southampton play some decent stuff, especially at home and no surprise Man City/Utd  had a tough time of it when playing them. Carra brings so much when his team. Agger and Skrtel look like strangers when they play together with neither of them putting their hand up and willing to take charge and dictate. I'm not entirely surprised at the result and knew we would have slip up's up until the end of the season. We've had a very good run and need to go on another one after this blip.
Doeboy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games