Real Madrid vs LIVERPOOL - Tues 4 Nov 2014 - KO19:45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Kopite-Jud » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:26 pm

RedAnt » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:35 am wrote:I don't think we'll get trounced. I hope not anyway. We can certainly give Madrid a game but we'll need to draw on other resources than skill. Pride, passion and aggression would help.
We need to stay compact and try to use pace on the break. We don't have a lot of pace though so not sure which approach we'll take.
I'm not sure we should be closing them down though. Madrid have too many clever players and we have too many dinguses.

The thing is thats how we sould play but won't.  We need to be hard to break down and compact. Rodgers only knows one way and compact clearly isn't involved in his philosophy.

In all honesty i think we will lose by 3 or 4.

Remember a few years ago we wen't to Inter Milan stayed compact and nicked a 1-0 win. Look at Mourinho over the years, compact , hard to beat, nick a win.  Great managers know how to win when the team they are playing has more ability or momentum e.g away.

You can't play away in the Champions League and expect to play an open game. It's not rocket science but just shows how inept Rodgers really is. (Infact he goes to every game away going gung ho. You MUST be hard to beat.)
Migs/Johnson Skrtel Lovren Enrique/ Can Allen Henderson/ Sterling Coutinho Balotelli.  I think he'll pick

Migs/Manquillo Skrtel Lovren Moreno/ Lucas Gerrard Henderson/ Sterling Coutinho Balotelli I'd pick
Kopite-Jud

Postby Kash_Mountain » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:27 pm

I've read and heard that BR may bench Sterling in addition to SG. If this is the case, then it looks like he's thinking of Chelski at the weekend.  We do need a win by all account. We played Basle and Ludogorets (both proved to be half decent) and struggled. We play Ludogorets next on their patch. It's going to be hair raising.....

Btw, Sturridge is likely to have a late fitness test. If he comes through ok, then he may get 20mins or so

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:22 pm

Kash_Mountain » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:27 pm wrote:I've read and heard that BR may bench Sterling in addition to SG. If this is the case, then it looks like he's thinking of Chelski at the weekend.  We do need a win by all account. We played Basle and Ludogorets (both proved to be half decent) and struggled. We play Ludogorets next on their patch. It's going to be hair raising.....

Btw, Sturridge is likely to have a late fitness test. If he comes through ok, then he may get 20mins or so

Guillem Balague is saying that Rodgers will not start Gerrard, Balotelli, Johnson or Sterling.

Also Rodger said in the press conference that Sturridge was "highly unlikely" to feature against Madrid and that his inclusion in the travelling party was to maintain the team togetherness. 

"All the players have travelled, injured or fit, and we'll work out here over the next couple of days.

"With Daniel, we'll see how he responds, but it's highly unlikely he'll be fit."
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:35 pm

its bad enough that we are savage underdogs in this but then to go and put out some sort of a second side is just deflating. i really feel sorry for anyone who has spent big money to go to madrid for this. they will be gutted when they see the line-up.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:02 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
Kash_Mountain » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:27 pm wrote:I've read and heard that BR may bench Sterling in addition to SG. If this is the case, then it looks like he's thinking of Chelski at the weekend.  We do need a win by all account. We played Basle and Ludogorets (both proved to be half decent) and struggled. We play Ludogorets next on their patch. It's going to be hair raising.....

Guillem Balague is saying that Rodgers will not start Gerrard, Balotelli, Johnson or Sterling.

Also Rodger said in the press conference that Sturridge was "highly unlikely" to feature against Madrid and that his inclusion in the travelling party was to maintain the team togetherness. 

"All the players have travelled, injured or fit, and we'll work out here over the next couple of days.

"With Daniel, we'll see how he responds, but it's highly unlikely he'll be fit."

To be honest none of those players have been performing particually well

Gerrard played well Vs Newcastle but probably the only good game he has had all season

Johnson is the most woeful player i have witnessed

Balotelli so far has been a waste of money

and Sterling i think is either tired or cant be assed

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby ballotelliman » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:35 pm

rumours circling   borini upfront with lallana coutinho markovic behind him  least stu will be happy his main man up top
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:39 pm

ballotelliman » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:35 pm wrote:rumours circling   borini upfront with lallana coutinho markovic behind him  least stu will be happy his main man up top

Coral have Borini @ 6/1 anytime scorer.

I'll take that.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:47 pm

Even if Sturridge does pass a fitness test, leave him completely out of this one. Last thing we want is him coming back too early and breaking down, especially with his injury record in mind.
Doeboy

Postby C-R » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:29 pm

CONFIRMED  :nod
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:32 pm

Throwing away the game nice!  This is what we are left with.....
Because we all know that against Chelsea the big "Cannons" will be ready to play.
Total Bullshiite.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:33 pm

Madrid starting 11 for those interested...

Casillas; Arbeloa, Varane, Ramos, Marcelo; Modric, Kroos; Rodriquez, Isco, Ronaldo; Benzema
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:42 pm

Biggest gamble I've seen a liverpool manager take in a while. If we get tonked in this one then Rodgers has nowhere to hide. Absolutely mad.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:45 pm

An odd time to put Borini and Lucas in the shop window. Maybe Real want 'em :D
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:53 pm

anyone see what the madrid team is ?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:54 pm

Borini will try his hardest bless him and cant really do worse than Ballotelli.

Suprised not to see Coutinho. This is Markovics' game to show us what he has got

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games