Luton town vs liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby *XABIALONSO* » Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:47 pm

is anyone got tickets for the game that
isnt going as i really wanted tickets but just looked and there sold out  :down:
Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.        BILL SHANKLY
*XABIALONSO*

Postby azriahmad » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:57 am

Forgive my ignorance, but it's been a very long time since I was in England. Does Luton Town still have that awful astro turf ground? It used to be a very big achiles heel of Kenny Dalglish's Liverpool team. I remembered that we once went there as the FA cup holders and was beaten 3-0.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:13 am

No they got rid of astro turf a while back i think Ariz
When i lived in England for a year in 1986 ( a great year as a red to be in the UK). I saw two matches, the visit to mecca and standing in the Kop was everything i expected it to be and much more.
The other game i saw was in London at Loftus road against QPR who also had that astro turf as well, what a joke that game was.
Though Liverpool did win it
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:53 am

azriahmad wrote:Forgive my ignorance, but it's been a very long time since I was in England. Does Luton Town still have that awful astro turf ground? It used to be a very big achiles heel of Kenny Dalglish's Liverpool team. I remembered that we once went there as the FA cup holders and was beaten 3-0.

no mate, the league made them get rid of it. i remember that game well, it was live on t.v back in the days when not many games were, i think the t.v people rightly suspected that the premier team at the time i.e us, might come a cropper on that joke of a pitch and they were right. the ball bounced about a mile in the air from goal kicks and most of the players had tracksuit bottoms on to avoid burns when sliding for the ball. we looked lost on that pitch. i`m sure but not certain that steve foster, the iconic centre half of the eighties who used to wear a white headband was in their side that night.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby 2520years » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:32 am

BTW it's on BBC1 if you can't make it to the game.  (5:30pm, Saturday 7th.)
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby <-alonso-> » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:07 pm

oh, that good enough for me
<-alonso->
(-alex-)
<-alonso->

Return to Liverpool FC - Games