Mansfield Town Vs Liverpool - FA cup 3rd rd

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby lakes10 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:23 pm

mart » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:20 pm wrote:
lakes10 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:18 pm wrote:at the end of the day i will have forgot how we won the game just that we won.

so in 24hr i will not give a ***** if he had picked the ball up and walked over the line with it and it was given.

You might not give a f*ck but the media certainly will.

its not going to be as bad as you think.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:24 pm

F*ck the media.

This is all on the officials and points out how inept they are in this country.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:29 pm

RUSHIE#9 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:24 pm wrote:F*ck the media.

The fourth official said it was unintentional hand ball and that is why the goal stood. End of !!!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Raoul » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:35 pm

RUSHIE#9 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:24 pm wrote:F*ck the media.

At  least they were consistent - they didn't call any of our hand balls!

I think the bigger question is why were we so poor against Conference opposition. I get that this was their cup final (the look on their player's face after he scored was magical), I get that the pitch wasn't great, I get that we missed some good chances to really put the game out of nreach, but we were poor for large parts of the game.

Credit to Jones though, a giant coming off his line today, he at least dominanted his area of the pitch.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:37 pm

Thought Digger hit the nail on the head when he said "If a defender handles on the line he doesn't say I handled it, it's a penalty"

Suarez doesn't have a flag or a whistle, it's not his job to officiate the game, having said that personally I thought the handball was deliberate and was actually disappointed (for Suarez's reputation) to see the goal given.

Massive respect to Mansfields manager who in the post game interviews was full of praise for Suarez's quality and refused to attach any "blame" for the goal on him.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:24 pm

That was painful to watch. Not that the pitch helped. Or Suarez cheating again. Not sure why he had to come on anyway. If anything I would've preferred to see both Sturridge and him play together, if he DID have to play. I thought he had a gammy ankle ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:36 pm

mart » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:20 pm wrote:
lakes10 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:18 pm wrote:at the end of the day i will have forgot how we won the game just that we won.

so in 24hr i will not give a ***** if he had picked the ball up and walked over the line with it and it was given.

You might not give a f*ck but the media certainly will.

The Mansfield manager refused to call Suarez a cheat and insisted if it would have been his player he would have accepted the goal
:;):
Thommo's perm

Postby devaney » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:40 pm

bunglemark2 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:24 pm wrote:That was painful to watch. Not that the pitch helped. Or Suarez cheating again. Not sure why he had to come on anyway. If anything I would've preferred to see both Sturridge and him play together, if he DID have to play. I thought he had a gammy ankle ?

Fk you'll be having a beer with that c.unt Whiskey Nose next. Suarez's behaviour recently has been excellent. Ok it didn't look like his greatest moment but live with the fact that he is a out and out winner and will automatically react to situations. He never expected for one minute that the goal would be given so it is hardly his fault that the officials fkd up once again. Some you win some you don't.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:37 pm

Thommo's perm » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:36 pm wrote:
The Mansfield manager refused to call Suarez a cheat and insisted if it would have been his player he would have accepted the goal
:;):

It doesn't make it right though does it? The ball hit Suarez's hand (intentionally or unintentionally) and as a result Mansfield lost the match. According to Rodgers the fourth official acknowledged the handball, but said the goal was allowed to stand because it was unintentional. If there is any reason to speculate that corruption is rife in English football than look no further than that. That's disgraceful refereeing and according to some Sports Journalist, some Liverpool supporters were making chants about Mansfield's poor support, yet according to him Mansfield had vacated 96 seats to honour Hillsborough. If this is true, then those supporters are an abomination to humanity.

The more I watch football, the less I like the sport and I'll probably walk away from it at the end of the season.
Boxscarf

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:38 pm

devaney » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:40 pm wrote:
Fk you'll be having a beer with that c.unt Whiskey Nose next. Suarez's behaviour recently has been excellent. Ok it didn't look like his greatest moment but live with the fact that he is a out and out winner and will automatically react to situations. He never expected for one minute that the goal would be given so it is hardly his fault that the officials fkd up once again. Some you win some you don't.

I thought it was classless of Suarez to celebrate that goal and then this fella wonders why 99% of opposition players and supporters despise him. I don't know whether or not the handball was deliberate or not, but his celebration was sickening to watch.
Boxscarf

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:46 pm

the goal should not have stood but thats down to bad officiating between the ref and linesman.
his hand went out and connected with the ball then he hoofed it into the back of the net in disapointment and then the ref signals a goal so naturally he takes the goal and celebrates.
the fact that so many on here are so quick to call him a cheater is disgraceful and disrespectful to the player himself.
cheating is what the refs were doing to him for the first 3 months when they gave him absolutely nothing when he had been fouled.

"br should offer them a replay", :laugh:  :laugh:  that one really cracked me up :nod ,and then was the comparison with henri which was equally side splitting :laugh: .
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:49 pm

Boxscarf » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:38 pm wrote:
devaney » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:40 pm wrote:

this fella wonders why 99% of opposition players and supporters despise him..

maybe its because he is so good and they wish he was playing for their team :eyebrow
kinda like the relationship i have with rvp :lookaround
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:57 pm

Job done  onto the next round and I sure we will survive the usual knicker twisting by anti Suarez brigade , cest la guerre

Well into Mansfield for making a show of it and well done to Daniel opening his account with the reds
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:05 am

red till i die!! » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:46 pm wrote:the fact that so many on here are so quick to call him a cheater is disgraceful and disrespectful to the player himself.
cheating is what the refs were doing to him for the first 3 months when they gave him absolutely nothing when he had been fouled. .

Who has called him a cheat? I don't know whether or not Suarez has deliberately handled the ball or not, only he'll know that, but I didn't like seeing yet more controversy surrounding Suarez and it was a travesty that it counted as a goal, yet another reason why video technology needs to be brought into the game. I feel that Mansfield were well worth a replay, they deserved a trip to Anfield.

Two wrongs don't make a right, I don't believe in an eye for an eye, Luis Suarez is involved in more controversy, it's just one incident after another and an incident we could well do without.
Boxscarf

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:34 am

devaney » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:40 pm wrote:
bunglemark2 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:24 pm wrote:That was painful to watch. Not that the pitch helped. Or Suarez cheating again. Not sure why he had to come on anyway. If anything I would've preferred to see both Sturridge and him play together, if he DID have to play. I thought he had a gammy ankle ?

Having a beer with Whiskeynose ? I think not, my friend. What a bizarre comment to make.
Face it, Suarez should not have put hand to ball, end of. And it's not the way Mansfield deserved to go out. You can't begrudge them that..
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games