Mansfield Town Vs Liverpool - FA cup 3rd rd

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby alwayslfc » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:16 am

That was the first time as a fan for decades that I felt embarrassed by a Liverpool win. Suarez's goal shouldn't have been allowed, but then, to rationalise it, it was only fair for poor refereeing decisions to be on our side for a change. Throughout last season, our luck were sh*t (we broke the record for hitting the woodwork) and we had countless referees and linesmen making wrong decisions against us esp. the disallowed Suarez's goal against Everton. So I'd say, it was fair for him to have a disallowed goal judged valid.

Other than we scored more 'goals' against Mansfield, that 2nd team played lousy football. I couldn't believe my eyes because we looked more like the non league side in that match. My man of the match would go to Jones who saved our ***** many times. My opinion of our back four,

Carragher (I thank him for his great service to Liverpool and he deserves a place in the Hall of Fame, but he's now over the hill and it's time for him to hang his boots),
Coates (too slow and clumsy),

Wisdom and Robinson (too young and inexperienced for first team competitive matches),

Our middlemen,

Allen (Passing were poor and not aggressive enough, form has been declining),
Lucas (Average),
Downing (One of our better players, had been a consistent threat on the right wing),
Suso (Quiet game, form has declined since signing his contract),

Frontmen,

Shelvey (Should never play as a striker, finishing was poor, more suited to midfield position),
Sturridge (Very impressive and pity we didn't see him play with Suarez, however, could have scored a hatrick had he not missed those 2 sitters).

If BR is going to persist with most of the players of that team for the FA cup campaign, we will be knocked out sooner or later and with that kind of form, lacking in hunger, composure and confidence esp. after scoring the first goal, we won't win nor deserve to even progress beyond the 5th round of the competition.

But having said all that, the first team players we rested/injured can be a formidable squad to play against by any side in the PL ie

Johnson     Agger     Skertel     Enrique
Sterling     Lucas     Gerrard     Assaidi
                Suarez    Sturridge

For me, to win the FA and Europa Cups are a bonus, but I am more concerned about our league form and keeping in touch with 4th place finish.
alwayslfc

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:38 am

See Boxcarf and a few others are all getting on their self-righteous moral high horse again - no doubt Boxcarf will again be demanding Suarez to be sold because he apparently gives LFC a bad image.

See Paul Cox's post match interview you moral righteous pr.icks. It was instinctive, Suarez actually stopped playing and slammed the ball into the net as though the whistle was going to go. It didn't, it's not his fault, end of.

Of course, having to tell LFC fans this beggars belief.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:50 am

red till i die!! » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:46 pm wrote: ,and then was the comparison with henri which was equally side splitting :laugh: .

You're a muppet and obviously can't read, there was no comparison between the handballs it was regarding how the media react.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dundreamin » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:51 am

FFS mange been doing things like this for years. Neville winding up us when they won at IT in cup. Spurs goal 3 yards inside the net. Fergie time etc etc and nothing said.Did suarez murder anybody today? Let's move on nothing to see here
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby dundreamin » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:00 am

FFS mange been doing things like this for years. Neville winding up us when they won at IT in cup. Spurs goal 3 yards inside the net. Fergie time etc etc and nothing said.Did suarez murder anybody today? Let's move on nothing to see here
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby maguskwt » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:49 am

dundreamin » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:00 am wrote:FFS mange been doing things like this for years. Neville winding up us when they won at IT in cup. Spurs goal 3 yards inside the net. Fergie time etc etc and nothing said.Did suarez murder anybody today? Let's move on nothing to see here

Is right. Not the first time, won't be the last time. More controversial decisions have happened on the pitch before.

When I watched for the first time, I didn't even know the ball touched his hand. Everything happened so quickly. No one can say honestly that they are 100% sure that he did it intentionally. I do believe though that Suarez has one of the fastest reflexes I've ever seen in a player :p. But it's very difficult to prove that he did it intentionally isn't it?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:41 am

I'm made up Sturridge scored, just what the lad needed. He achieved in 7 minutes what 'Vauxhall Viva' Dowing took 18 months....

Concerning Suarez's goal - all good news, the more bad publicity FIFA, UEFA and the the FA get for no having a fourth official in the stands able to review situations the better. Its not Suarez's fault, nor Mansfield or their fans, its simply out of touch and out of date football governence. Sh!t happens because we let it.

Oldham next then we're already in the 5th round with half a toe on the hallowed turf.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:09 am

bunglemark2 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:34 pm wrote:
devaney » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:40 pm wrote:
bunglemark2 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:24 pm wrote:That was painful to watch. Not that the pitch helped. Or Suarez cheating again. Not sure why he had to come on anyway. If anything I would've preferred to see both Sturridge and him play together, if he DID have to play. I thought he had a gammy ankle ?

Fk you'll be having a beer with that c.unt Whiskey Nose next. Suarez's behaviour recently has been excellent. Ok it didn't look like his greatest moment but live with the fact that he is a out and out winner and will automatically react to situations. He never expected for one minute that the goal would be given so it is hardly his fault that the officials fkd up once again. Some you win some you don't.

Having a beer with Whiskeynose ? I think not, my friend. What a bizarre comment to make.
Face it, Suarez should not have put hand to ball, end of. And it's not the way Mansfield deserved to go out. You can't begrudge them that..

Your comments about Luis are what I would expect from a hypocrite like Ferguson. Try supporting the one player we have who's attitude can't be questioned and his brilliance cannot be denied. Leave the castigation to the opposition. Most genius's are flawed. Luis makes the occasional mistake. I can live with that. Yesterday however was an exception. He reacted to a situation and the officials should have punished him for it. We now have our own supporters suggesting that we should offer a replay !! I didn't hear Moyes rushing forward saying Liverpool can have the three points because the linesman was inept. Even Mansfield's manager didn't criticise Suarez !!!!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:39 am

Reg » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:41 am wrote:I'm made up Sturridge scored, just what the lad needed. He achieved in 7 minutes what 'Vauxhall Viva' Dowing took 18 months....

Concerning Suarez's goal - all good news, the more bad publicity FIFA, UEFA and the the FA get for no having a fourth official in the stands able to review situations the better. Its not Suarez's fault, nor Mansfield or their fans, its simply out of touch and out of date football governence. Sh!t happens because we let it.

Oldham next then we're already in the 5th round with half a toe on the hallowed turf.

I thought we established Downing was more akin to a French engineered Renault - feckin useless.  :D

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:41 am

Your comments about Luis are what I would expect from a hypocrite like Ferguson. Try supporting the one player we have who's attitude can't be questioned and his brilliance cannot be denied. Leave the castigation to the opposition. Most genius's are flawed. Luis makes the occasional mistake. I can live with that. Yesterday however was an exception. He reacted to a situation and the officials should have punished him for it. We now have our own supporters suggesting that we should offer a replay !! I didn't hear Moyes rushing forward saying Liverpool can have the three points because the linesman was inept. Even Mansfield's manager didn't criticise Suarez !!!!!   

Well said that man.  :bowdown

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:45 am

Kenny Kan » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:39 pm wrote:
Reg » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:41 am wrote:I'm made up Sturridge scored, just what the lad needed. He achieved in 7 minutes what 'Vauxhall Viva' Dowing took 18 months....

I thought we established Downing was more akin to a French engineered Renault - feckin useless.  :D

Take yer pick mate, Viva, Renault 5, Downing, they're all sh!te!  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:31 pm

Boocity » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:50 am wrote:
red till i die!! » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:46 pm wrote: ,and then was the comparison with henri which was equally side splitting :laugh: .

You're a muppet and obviously can't read, there was no comparison between the handballs it was regarding how the media react.

absolute clown you are.
i read your post perfectly bozo, you compared the situation and yes your post was referring to the media reaction and where did i say it was otherwise?.
even comparing the media reactions was funny, henri got what he deserved in the media and now id say your upset that luis got fook all except one or 2 numpty headlines.
you should really take off that big red nose when your reading the forum or

maybe if everybody was to type                                                                             like this it would suit you better.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Gerrard30391 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:19 am

This game was never one of my favourites as I'm a born and bred Yellowbelly! So since Mansfield robbed us in the 2nd Round I've ignored talk of the FA cup!

Credit to Mansfield though, they gave it a right good effort! We were poor I know but it was a credit t the BSP.

An even bigger mention to Mansfield Town for the brilliant gesture of leaving 96 seats empty in memory of our 96 heroes. Thanks.
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games