Liverpool vs portsmouth - Play for the shirt

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby andy_g » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:54 pm

heimdall wrote:In all seriousness I have not seen anything from him, no deft touches no glimpses of vision etc which you normally see in good players even before they are properly match fit,

come on, heimdall. i don't think you are as full of sh!t as half the people on here but surely if you've been paying any kind of attention when he's been on the pitch you've seen his quality.

true, we haven't seen him take a game by the scruff of its neck, we haven't seen him waltz through a defense before chipping the keeper, we haven't seen him do too many zidane turns. but only the most ignorant of football watchers would have missed the obvious eye for a pass, touch and vision that he has. the question isn't whether he has quality or not, its whether he'll be able to adapt those qualities to the premiership.

anyway, to tonights game - a win for the 'pool kiddas!

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:15 pm

andy_g wrote:
heimdall wrote:In all seriousness I have not seen anything from him, no deft touches no glimpses of vision etc which you normally see in good players even before they are properly match fit,

come on, heimdall. i don't think you are as full of sh!t as half the people on here but surely if you've been paying any kind of attention when he's been on the pitch you've seen his quality.

true, we haven't seen him take a game by the scruff of its neck, we haven't seen him waltz through a defense before chipping the keeper, we haven't seen him do too many zidane turns. but only the most ignorant of football watchers would have missed the obvious eye for a pass, touch and vision that he has. the question isn't whether he has quality or not, its whether he'll be able to adapt those qualities to the premiership.

anyway, to tonights game - a win for the 'pool kiddas!

That's what I said, only better!  :laugh:

5-0 we're gotta kill these :censored:!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kalos » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:26 pm

Anyone heard anything about the likely lineup?
kalos

Postby andy_g » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:38 pm

fivecups wrote:That's what I said, only better!  :laugh:

5-0 we're gotta kill these :censored:!

what? who said it better? you or me?

:upside:

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:05 pm

the team should be anounced soon and lets hope its an all out assault on them.
grant will most certainly be looking for 3 points here.
they have rolled us already and are capable of a repeat.
i hope we play well ,dont sit back and just go for it.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:16 pm

Dundalk wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:Aquilani

:oh:

will be surprised if he played
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:20 pm

would nt want to be a pompey fan tonight, having to travel this far on a monday night, but as usual TV dont give a fook after the fans that travel.

anyway back to the game, lets hope we go all out for the win and get a few goals, we need a confidence boost before the lille game, come on Redmen.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby rocky29 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:43 pm

you know what id like oput gerrard right wing aqua behind torres and babbel on left then we can still have masch and lucas behind 4 boring rafas sake then we cud see if gerrard is still hungry or not anyone agree?
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby redhayesy » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:46 pm

as the rock said in the topic starter, the players really need to play for the 'shirt' tonight! whatever the team selection they all need to stick together tonight an get stuck in,get hold of the midfield as i  believe that will be crucial tonight, let's hope the crowd get behind the team which i know they will, then it's down to the players to respond, i'm confident we will attack with force tonight an create chances from open play & set pieces, i'm sure we will get chances in both.

the players mentality will be key tonight, this is a massive week for both players & manager an i'm looking foward to tonight, to enable that the so called doom an gloom is lifted.

it's not an ideal situation to be relying on other teams results,but the weekend results went aswell as i could of hoped for, now it's down to the players to wear the red shirt with pride an passion & get the result. i just hope the performance is one also to be proud of.

COME ON YOU MIGHTY REDS!
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:50 pm

Off to a Courteeners gig in a minute so will miss the game tonight although, on recent form i'll count that as a blessing! I just hope we play a high line, press them all over the pitch and attack. All of our best performances under Rafa come when we really get after the other team when they have the ball. We seemed to have lost that somewhere along the line this season.

I fancy us to win it 2-1.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:52 pm

We have to win this to at least get a little bit of momentum going to the scum next weekend
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Dundalk » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:04 pm

If we dont win this im taking up watching womens volleyball.......in a big way!!!!!!
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KennyisGod....still » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:07 pm

sure i read on here somewhere, may have been the lille match thread, that we wer gonna be losin Aquilani cuz we couldnt pay for him.... that the reason he aint playin so he dont get injured? any truth in it at all? indeed, is he playin tonite cuz i also saw summat givin us a record of winnin when he starts.... oh, so many questions b4 a match we should be strollin thru but will doubtless keep me on my seats edge bitin th glass me beers in every time the ball gets in our half!!

i have an awful feelin this week could start bad, get worse towards the end of the week and culminate...... in us beatin the mancs at the theatre o queens sundy :p

on a more serious note, surely we cant play as bad as we played this lot away, or even as bad as we played wigan las monday.... can we?
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KennyisGod....still » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:08 pm

by the way dundalk, that image a coupla pages back of babel on th teamsheet thing is feckin awesome!!
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rocky29 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:09 pm

does anyone know whether the 16million next day rafa payoff is true  if he gets the chop.. poor rafa 16million in ur bank account the next day  if u get sacked. maybe dats y hes purposeley playing :censored: and uneva hear a blimp from tom and jerry hicks?
rocky29
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games