LIVERPOOL vs Crystal Palace : 05 October 2013 3pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redno7 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:25 pm

Image VS Image

Ok it seems Benny has lost interest in starting match threads so I'll have another go for this game.

Should be a good game with Liverpool tearing Palace a new one. I'm hoping for a 6-0 to the reds but I'd take 3-1 as I've got a fiver on it with Suarez scoring first.
Last time I watched Liverpool play Palace (on telly) we put 9 past them, mind you, that was a while ago.

On paper we should maul them. Suarez should be on for a hat trick and Sturridge should bag a couple too. COME ON REDS!

I've never been near Palace so I have no funny tales to tell but I hope they fetch this lot with them...

Famous Palace fans : Eddie Izzard, Timothy Spall, Ronnie Corbert, Richard Branson and that big fat man hating lessie b!tch Jo Brand.
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:02 pm

Should be winning these, and the next two that follow as well (at least).

Can't see us changing the 5-3-2 formation. Would be interesting to see how we set up without Lucas. Do we give Henderson a chance at CM with Kelly at RB (or RWB whatever), or do we keep Henderson on the right while we give Alberto a chance at CM? I personally would go with the first option. Even if it's "just" Crystal Palace, Gerrard and Alberto in midfield looks dangerous, especially considering how weak we've been in that department.

Mignolet

Toure    Skrtel/Agger   Sakho

Kelly   Gerrard   Henderson  Enrique

Moses

Sturridge    Suarez
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:52 pm

Regulation 4-0 victory in cruise control. If we really tear into them will be more goals for us. Fill ya boots time for Suarez and Sturridge
Doeboy

Postby Pig Catcher » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:59 pm

The squad is getting a bit stretched with so many injuries; Johnson (ankle), Coates (knee), Agger (side strain), Cissokho (ankle), Lucus (suspension), Allen (hamstring), Coutinho (shoulder) and Alberto (hamstring).

Agger is back in training but I’d be surprised if we risked him and I couldn’t see Kelly in any of the training pictures this week so I doubt he'll start. I think we’ll line up something close to this:

Mignolet

Toure     Skrtel     Sakho

Sterling     Henderson     Gerrard     Enrique

Moses

Sturridge     Suarez

Subs: Aspas, Ibe, Kelly, Agger, Wisdom, Ilori, Jones
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:25 pm

I would be tempted to start Aspas and/or Alberto a start tomorrow against this dross. Good game for them to  get into it and maybe grab a goal etc and give them a confidence boost. Maybe keep Sturridge on the bench and let give him a break to help get fit
Doeboy

Postby parchpea » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:47 pm

I know we smashed them by 9 or 10 yonks back but ever since they did us soon after in that FA Cup
Semi they have been a bit of a bogey team over the years. Hopefully not tomorrow. That Holloway
is a jinx and all.

Going back to that FA Cup Semi that was the defining moment when Liverpool began to slip as a force
for me and despite success after that game we always looked vulnerable where as before no one could
touch us.

We should win tomorrow end of.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:46 am

i dont think we should go into this game thinking it will be a cakewalk. palace have been a bit unlucky in games against the top teams, spurs were struggling to break them down until they were handed a very generous penalty (which ended up deciding the game) and against united palace were probably the better side until ashley young won a pen and got a man sent off.
we need to approach this game in the right manner.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby lakes10 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:07 am

this is no easy game, Ian Holloway has turned us over before and his respect for our club is something we all know about but it also means he knows a lot about us.
We need to kill the off by half time , 2-0 by half time is a danger. we would sit back and let them come at as.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:18 am

I notice expectations have actually increased despite our injury crisis.

I'll wait until Coutinho, Agger & Johnson come back before predicting 4-0's

2-1 to us
killerp

Postby Doeboy » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:35 pm

Holloway is naive, loves the media attention and to a certain extent it deflects from his in adequacies as a manager. With Blackpool he had a very gung ho approach and fair enough it may have looked good in certain games and he got away with it at times but it was never going to keep them up. Even with injuries, Suarez alone will win this game for us comfortably. Expecting such a one sided affair and 3 comfortable points in the bag. The only way we can possibly drop any points is if we turn up and have an absolute diabolical day and chances of that are remote considering we will be looking to put things right after our last home performance
Doeboy

Postby lakes10 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:18 pm

Holloway is naïve???? well I am sure that's the first time that's ever been said, one thing he is not is naïve, he is more of a over thinker and that's were he slips up.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:30 pm

Line up from Offal

The Reds' XI in full is: Mignolet, Sakho, Toure, Skrtel, Enrique, Henderson, Gerrard, Sterling, Moses, Sturridge, Suarez.

Subs: Jones, Ibe, Wisdom, Agger, Aspas, Ilori, Alberto.

Cmon yer Reds  :buttrock
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:34 pm

laza » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:30 pm wrote:Line up from Offal

The Reds' XI in full is: Mignolet, Sakho, Toure, Skrtel, Enrique, Henderson, Gerrard, Sterling, Moses, Sturridge, Suarez.

Subs: Jones, Ibe, Wisdom, Agger, Aspas, Ilori, Alberto.

Cmon yer Reds  :buttrock

Sterling at RWB... questionable, but I guess BR had no choice.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:59 pm

lakes10 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:18 pm wrote:Holloway is naïve???? well I am sure that's the first time that's ever been said, one thing he is not is naïve, he is more of a over thinker and that's were he slips up.

Trust me on this one, I've had contact with a couple of guys who have worked difrectly with him and the story is he hasn't got a scooby (at this level anyway). He is naive and the whole circus in front of the media just deflects from it
Doeboy

Postby maguskwt » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:59 pm

KD is back!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games