LIVERPOOL vs Crystal Palace : 05 October 2013 3pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:46 pm

Another 3 points and top of the league ,and our strike force shaping up to be one of the best around ....Henderson MOTM without a shadow
of a doubt ,and Big Martin rediscovering the form that once made him our most important defender.

:buttrock
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:42 pm

Took our foot of the pedal second half. Should have been 4-0 up at half time, not sure how Moses missed that chance. Any way, once again job done clinically just like against Sunderland. Roll on the next game against Newcastle in 2 weeks and then WBA. Both games will be more of a test but fancy us to get a minimum of 4 points from those games before the acid test against Arsenal
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:02 pm

Doeboy » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:42 pm wrote:Took our foot of the pedal second half. Should have been 4-0 up at half time, not sure how Moses missed that chance. Any way, once again job done clinically just like against Sunderland. Roll on the next game against Newcastle in 2 weeks and then WBA. Both games will be more of a test but fancy us to get a minimum of 4 points from those games before the acid test against Arsenal

the arsenal game is a still a month away so hopefully we`ll have coutinho and johnson back by then.
must admit i`m looking forward to seeing coutinho link up with suarez and sturridge again.
personally i`d be tempted to drop gerrard for that arsenal game, the way arsenal have been knocking the ball around lately we wont be able to afford any passengers, especially defensively in midfield, even if just one of our players walks around with their hands on their hips the likes of ozil and cazorla will exploit that and open us up like a tin of beans. i`d go with this side for that game -

mingolet

skrtel/toure     sahko      agger

johnson              henderson        lucas          enrique

coutinho

suarez                     sturridge
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:59 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:46 pm wrote:Another 3 points and top of the league ,and our strike force shaping up to be one of the best around ....Henderson MOTM without a shadow
of a doubt ,and Big Martin rediscovering the form that once made him our most important defender.

Agreed mate. I thought Henderson looked so accomplished there, on this form I think he's worthy of keeping your mate Lucas out.  :D
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:50 am

We'll done we got all the points but really should have scored more goals.

Got to improve those second half performances.
killerp

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:15 am

Can't believe we didn't better the 9-0 yesterday. Was listening to radio commentary, Ray Houghton co-commentator and was on the bench that day...even he was expecting a hockey score...
And we took the foot off the pedal again second half - not good enough.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby supersub » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:19 am

Kenny Kan » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:59 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:46 pm wrote:Another 3 points and top of the league ,and our strike force shaping up to be one of the best around ....Henderson MOTM without a shadow

Agreed mate. I thought Henderson looked so accomplished there, on this form I think he's worthy of keeping your mate Lucas out.  :D

Henderson did the work of 2....perfect opponents for SG  to be more commanding but alas it was sparingly,long range passes were pitiful at times ........
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:07 am

We shouldn't forget that final league positions are sometimes separated by goal difference and not just points. A comfortable win but could have and should have been by a greater margin.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redno7 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:42 am

I'd take 38 x one nil wins though ha ha
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:52 am

woof woof ! » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:07 am wrote:We shouldn't forget that final league positions are sometimes separated by goal difference and not just points. A comfortable win but could have and should have been by a greater margin.

indeed, when two teams are level pegging goal difference is basically worth an extra point.
titles and CL places have been won and lost on it and teams have been relegated by it, it`s something we should be concious of.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:08 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:52 am wrote:
woof woof ! » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:07 am wrote:We shouldn't forget that final league positions are sometimes separated by goal difference and not just points. A comfortable win but could have and should have been by a greater margin.

indeed, when two teams are level pegging goal difference is basically worth an extra point.
titles and CL places have been won and lost on it and teams have been relegated by it, it`s something we should be concious of.

What did you think of Henderson's performance Yakka?
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:02 pm

Kenny Kan » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:08 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:52 am wrote:

What did you think of Henderson's performance Yakka?

he was our most influential midfielder by a mile mate, he wasnt spectacular but he was tidy in possession and broke up a lot of their attacks. he probably had his best spell when palace were looking dangerous too.
he`s 23 now and with performances like that i think he`s gotta be knocking on the door for a starting place in his preferred central position.
i`m not saying a lucas/henderson partnership is the answer but i think we need to at least try to do something different because we`ve now played 9 games this season and i dont think the midfield has played particularly well in any of them.
i think brendan is just hoping something clicks and we start playing like we did at the end of last season, maybe when we get the likes of coutinho back playing in the same team as suarez and sturridge we`ll start to dominate more games.
i deffo think our priority in january should be bringing in a CM though
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:24 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:52 am wrote:

:nod

Todays results have left us with the perfect example. We're 2nd and not first in the table right now as despite having the same points and same goal difference as us Arsenal are top as they've scored more.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redno7 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:04 am

oh I thought it was because A comes before L

no seriously, I've been telling people we are 2nd to Arsnel on alphabetical order ha ha
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:37 am

redno7 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:04 am wrote:oh I thought it was because A comes before L

no seriously, I've been telling people we are 2nd to Arsnel on alphabetical order ha ha

:laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games