LIVERPOOL vs Crystal Palace : 05 October 2013 3pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby kartiek » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:35 pm

Don't usually have to say this but Gerrard has been really poor this whole game.
kartiek

Postby Boocity » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:36 pm

Sterling a bit of a liability this half
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:38 pm

kartiek » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:35 pm wrote:Don't usually have to say this but Gerrard has been really poor this whole game.

Poor marking for their goal by him
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redno7 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:52 pm

Errr read my match opener...   3 - 1 to lfc with suarez scoring first. I've got bets on it. I've just won lots of money. Get in
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:15 pm

I'll take that even if the second half wasn't the best.

Top of the league boi.  :buttrock
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby kartiek » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:26 pm

Thought Sterling lacked initiative the whole game - he is better than that!
kartiek

Postby redno7 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:27 pm

who cares, i'll drink to robbing Bet Fair today! pints all round
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby redno7 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:33 pm

anyone got links to the goals? I missed the game due to work
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:33 pm

Good result. Nice to see Suarez and Sturridge on the score sheet again. Also congrats redno7, how much did u win ?
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:40 pm

kartiek » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:35 pm wrote:Don't usually have to say this but Gerrard has been really poor this whole game.

:glare:

He kept our midfield ticking all game
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redno7 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:40 pm

about 36 quid so far ha ha I had the 3-1 win and suarez first scorer but more interestingly I have sunderland to beat utd and they're 1 nil up

if that come in I'll have a kebab later.
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:55 pm

Long time since we had a comfortable win as today ,a good first half was enough to seal the deal. 2nd half was more about energy conservation ,which I don't like as a fan but can understand from the players side.

Thought Enrique had another shakey display ,Would really like to See Ali get a shot as LB ,Sturridge came through as usual although I think he is capable of much more he tends to dose in the 2nd half ,Hendo was excellent and it might be a good idea testing him instead of Lucas for some future games. Sterling looked a bit lost. I really like Sakho style of play and calmness with the ball but we got too many CB in good form...

When we get Coutinho back ,man the sky is the limit attacking wise. interesting season awaits us.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:26 pm

I actually thought that Enrique had a great game. Maybe a bit shaky at the back but great at going forward. He contributed in the scoring of the first 2 goals and created a few chances that weren't taken as well.

Sterling wasn't that bad. He played in a position that required a lot, but I thought that he handled it OK.

Henderson deserves more chances in midfield. Good game by him.

Gerrard wasn't as bad as some people say he was either. I wouldn't agree with metalhead that he "kept the midfield ticking" but he wasn't poor either. Yes, he did fell asleep for their goal (again) but he was OK apart from that. Henderson had a far better performance though, IMO.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:00 pm

I felt Enrique was really patchy and was just awful offensively. Thought Sterling had a really poor game too.

Lucas doesn't play and for the first time this season we dominated possession throughout with Hendo in the middle. That has to say something. I thought our back three were all really good, and that goal was really the one lapse in concentration, not to mention 95% luck. Suarez and Sturridge were both good, and Moses wasn't bad. Gerrard found a little more time to get some nice passing going, although I did think he was a bit quiet. Mignolet is looking more comfortable on the ball, tho I think that has more to do with the fact that palace decided not to pressure our back line.

I really don't know what we're going to do with Aspas.

Johnson, Coutinho, maybe even Cissokho back and we could have a serious squad.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:24 pm

i was happy to hear rodgers post match comments about him being the type of manager who worries about the performance almost as much as the result. we just arent quite firing on all cylinders at the moment and the manager knows it.
never the less 3 points is 3 points and there were some good performances out there today, hendo and sakho were excellent as were our front two, who are as good as anything in the division.
toure was quiet for once and sterling needs to concentrate on what he`s doing when he`s making a `run of the mill` type pass, at times he`s very casual in possession and gives the ball away far too cheaply, enrique is prone to the odd lapse along those same lines himself.
decent performance but we are still lacking energy imo, especially in midfield.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games