Liverpool vs Aston Villa - 18th January 2014

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Boocity » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:20 pm

Get fooking liabilty Cissokho off, get Kelly on and move Jonno to LB
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:21 pm

Important goal at an important time that. Should give us the extra motive. Come on guys we can turn this around!

Anyway, I think that Rodgers needs finally to man up and take Gerrard off. He's contributed nothing in that position. Coutinho was pretty awful at the start as well but improved as the game went on.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:23 pm

BR got caught with his pants off ,should really reacted much quicker then he did ,but at least he did and we got the goal back.
If Allen is fit i would consider dropping Gerrad. We need to close the MF and pressure their weak defense.
Anyway we got a game going on.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:27 pm

Cissokho is quite possibly the worst fullback I've seen in quite some time... No positioning sense whatsoever and I think towards the end of the half we changed to a back 3 with him operating as a wingback largely to cover for his poor defending and positional play...  Higher up, Coutinho has been very wasteful yet again and I dont see the sense in continuing with him at present. Offers very little defensively and regardless of the opposition, you cant go into a top league game with 5 players who arent willing to put in a shift at the back
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sgs » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:29 pm

I like BR but he needs to slow down on the constant tactical changes...The Gerrard as pivot thing, with SAS on is leaving the team unbalanced in MF
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby ethanr » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:32 pm

Johnson, Cissokho, Gerrard, Mignolet and Coutinho have all been awful. Suarez hasn't been great, but in fairness the ref refuses to give him any fouls around the box and they've continually kicked at him the whole game. Awful first half, especially up until their first goal. We really took over there, they just caught us out and Mignolet, for the 4th time in our last 5 games, has imo very clearly cost us a goal. He's been in shockingly poor form.

Very important goal at the end there or we'd probably be completely out of this… We're not really a team that comes back from 2 goals down tho so it's gonna take one hell of a second half to pull our Sh*t together.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby only me » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:32 pm

aCe' » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:27 pm wrote:Cissokho is quite possibly the worst fullback I've seen in quite some time... No positioning sense whatsoever and I think towards the end of the half we changed to a back 3 with him operating as a wingback largely to cover for his poor defending and positional play...  Higher up, Coutinho has been very wasteful yet again and I dont see the sense in continuing with him at present. Offers very little defensively and regardless of the opposition, you cant go into a top league game with 5 players who arent willing to put in a shift at the back

I think it's pretty obvious both our FB aren't any good...And for this match specifically Toure and Skertel aren't matched up well against Benteke and Agbonlahor..
That it is why it's crucial we win the battle in the MF ,cause more balls to those guys and we are fcked.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:33 pm

This is a similar situation to last week, 45 minutes to salvage the 3 points and avoid a crushing blow to our morale.
Come on Liverpool!!!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:34 pm

I think BR will make changes at the start of the 2nd half, or at least early on, Cissohko has to come off
Last edited by Kash_Mountain on Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby only me » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:35 pm

Lucas for Coutinho....Our little Brazilian is in a decline this last weeks.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:38 pm

And little luck doesn't hurt ,Agonblahor is subbed
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:42 pm

GET IN!

One more to go guys!
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:43 pm

Lady Luck is wearing Red tonight!!
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:46 pm

Never a pen.

That's awful, I don't want to win like that. Besides, anytime we get a decision that goes our way when it shouldn't, the refs make sure we regret it within the next few games. You can guarantee in the next couple games we won't be getting anything.

Two games in a row we've been given a pen that we shouldn't have gotten, and even tho we've had more than that denied this year, I'm positive things will not be going our way for a while, and Suarez definitely won't be getting any calls.

Lovely, especially with the game at Old Trafford coming up in a couple weeks.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby only me » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:51 pm

ethanr » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:46 pm wrote:Never a pen.

That's awful, I don't want to win like that. Besides, anytime we get a decision that goes our way when it shouldn't, the refs make sure we regret it within the next few games. You can guarantee in the next couple games we won't be getting anything.

Two games in a row we've been given a pen that we shouldn't have gotten, and even tho we've had more than that denied this year, I'm positive things will not be going our way for a while, and Suarez definitely won't be getting any calls.

Lovely, especially with the game at Old Trafford coming up in a couple weeks.

Calls tend to balance...First Half Suarez was on the receiving side of 2 clear fouls on the edge of the box and didn't get the call ,their player also had a handball in the box and no call..

You hate to see it but it usually balances...unless you are United.

Anyway Lucas look hurt.
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games