LIVERPOOL v red bull leipzig Wed 10th Mar 8.00pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:05 pm

That was a fabulous performance, Leipzig are a sugar daddy club who are second only to Bayern in the Bundesliga and they got to the semi’s  of this very competition last year but a 5 or 6 nil scoreline wouldn’t have flattered us there.
Thought Fab, Thiago and Phillips were outstanding but they all played well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:06 pm

Much much better tonight. Better balance throughout the side and we created much more as a result. Only complaint is the finishing as we missed some chances in the first half that we shouldn't. Salah is so frustrating and the very last passage of play summed him up completely. Long john silver had a better right foot.

Brilliant to see Fab back where he belongs and the effect it had on those around him. We were pressing higher and able to also counter quicker. Thiago had one of his better games as well. Jota very lively too but should have done much better with his chances.

Motm for me was Nat Phillip's. Made some good clearances and intercepted a few more. Not the fastest we know but damn is he not afraid to get stuck in.

Delighted for Klopp and it's great to see that smile back on his face :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:22 pm

Missed the whole f'kin game because I'm doing a course part-time.
And as I was looking at my laptop, one eye on the BBC , I kept thinking I should just switch the f'kin thing off and watch the match instead.
Oh well...
Delighted for the 'home' win for a change.
We have to use this as the start of the rest of our season.
No more silly buggers.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby redshade » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:09 am

Spirit of Instanbul,

Great performance well done lads, glad Mane got on the scoresheet. Jota looked good and easily could've scored a few.

It would be funny if Origi comes to life now in the UCL.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:38 am

That was a real indication of what happens when you don’t have to rely totally on players that simply aren’t up to the standard we need. Fabinho as a defensive mid makes a huge difference and provides phenomenal protection for the back four. Thiago playing as an attacking mid allowed him to show why we bought him. Jota also looked very sharp.

Who knows what can happen now in the CL if we get a run without injuries to key players and we also get some players back from the sick room.

Well done lads. It was great to watch.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:54 pm

Well done the Reds!

Drinking gin clearly works
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:59 pm

More than encouraged by that performance. Some lovely stuff from Thiago, even thought the fella still can't tackle. MOM for me was Fabhino.

However, I'm not gonna get carried away. We scored two BUT , let's be honest, if we were at our best we would have scored at least three, four or maybe even five ! 

The lads performed well, hopefully confidence is returning.

Gonna give a shout out to the much maligned Divock Origi  . Came on and didn't f*ck about, strong and determined, put in a great cross that led to the goal that sealed the win.

He's not in my first eleven, but maybe the fella deserves a bit more appreciation than we give him.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:07 pm

Woof's going soft.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:10 pm

Reg » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:07 pm wrote:Woof's going soft.

:D , could be true.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redshade » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:42 am

Bayern Munich (GER)
Chelsea (ENG)
Borussia Dortmund (GER)
Liverpool (ENG)
Manchester City (ENG)
Paris Saint Germain (FRA)
Porto (POR)
Real Madrid (ESP)

Teams through to Friday draw..
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:10 am

I'll be ok with Borussia Dortmund (GER), Paris Saint Germain (FRA), Porto (POR) or maybe even Real Madrid (ESP).

Don't feel we have enough confidence to face City, Chelsea or Bayern just yet.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:43 pm

Worst to best draw for me:

1. Bayern
2. City
3. PSG
4. Chelsea
5. Real Madrid
6. Dortmund
7. Porto

The first 3 are pretty much on a similar level so any of those 3 would be a bad draw for us. Chelsea and Madrid are also pretty close to each other in current form, so I hope we could avoid them as well. If we get Porto or even Dortmund, we'd be favorites to go through.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:38 pm

Hopefully we get a bit of luck tomorrow, as I understand it both the QF’s and SF’s are being drawn so the 8 teams are being split up into two blocks of four. It would be marvellous if Bayern and City end up on the opposite side of the draw to us.
Whoever we get though bring it on, we have a habit of upsetting the odds in this competition, the latter stages of the European Cup is when this club is often at its best.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:31 pm

Not a bad draw for us, we are on the opposite side of the draw to Bayern, City and PSG which is the main thing and okay if we get past Real Madrid we will most probably have to play Chelsea in the semi’s (with the second leg at Stamford Bridge) which won’t be easy but as routes to a CL final go it doesn’t come much better than that.
Real like Barca are a pale shadow of the team they once were and Chelsea are decent but no better than that.
We are still outsiders but we’ve definitely got a chance, it’s not like we drew Bayern and then would have to play the winners of City v PSG or anything.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:00 pm

Yeah, like you said yakka, the 3 difficult ones are on the other side at least. Just wish we got Chelsea's draw and they got ours, then it would have been the perfect draw haha. But you can't have everything I guess, like you said Madrid are far from the team they were a few years ago so it's anyone's match. Time for revenge I reckon :nod
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games