BRONDBY VS LIVEPOOL- 16th July 17.00pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby stmichael » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:49 am

Right, back to the real business. Pre-season starts today. Excited to watch the mighty reds playing again.

Here is the squad that ave travelled for the game.

The game is live on BT Sport with a 5pm kick off UK time. I'll post links closer to kick off time.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby mkingdom » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:17 pm

Must win game!   :buttrock  :D
mkingdom

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:23 pm

stmichael » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:49 am wrote:Right, back to the real business. Pre-season starts today. Excited to watch the mighty reds playing again.

Here is the squad that ave travelled for the game.

The game is live on BT Sport with a 5pm kick off UK time. I'll post links closer to kick off time.

no emre can  :down:
disappointed he wont be playing, was looking forward to seeing him
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:40 pm

No Emre can  :(
Hopefully we will see Ilorri get plenty of game time this pre season, the lad never kicked a ball in anger for us last year.
Him and Ibe seem to have the most potential although the likes of Suso, Texiera, Rossiter and Smith have the ability to be future first teamers themselves.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:02 pm

Liverpool team: Brad Jones, Kelly, Ilori, Agger, Smith, Lucas, Rossiter, Coutinho, Suso, Borini, Teixeira.

Subs: Ward, Allen, Ibe, Coady, Skrtel, Flanagan, Adorjan, Phillips, Wisdom, Lloyd Jones, Peterson, Stewart.

Streams here:

http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?mat ... art=sports
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:11 pm

That was a decent run out, pity about that goal at the end but we did have a hell of a lot of youngsters and fringe players in the line up. I thought Coutinho ran the show in the first half and Ibe definitely stood out as the star of the second.
Gutted that Ilorri had to go off injured, he looked very composed on the ball, hopefully it's nothing too serious.
Despite the commentators giving him a bit of stick (for something he didn't do) I thought Stewart did okay, he looks pretty athletic and he may develop into a decent defender.
Ibe though looks ready for the first team squad, he needs to work on his finishing but every time he gets an opportunity to put on the shirt (like against Shamrock Rovers) he impresses big time. He just switches on the afterburners and breezes past defenders like they are not even there.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby chriserfolg » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:10 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:11 pm wrote:That was a decent run out, pity about that goal at the end but we did have a hell of a lot of youngsters and fringe players in the line up. I thought Coutinho ran the show in the first half and Ibe definitely stood out as the star of the second.
Gutted that Ilorri had to go off injured, he looked very composed on the ball, hopefully it's nothing too serious.
Despite the commentators giving him a bit of stick (for something he didn't do) I thought Stewart did okay, he looks pretty athletic and he may develop into a decent defender.
Ibe though looks ready for the first team squad, he needs to work on his finishing but every time he gets an opportunity to put on the shirt (like against Shamrock Rovers) he impresses big time. He just switches on the afterburners and breezes past defenders like they are not even there.

Saw only the last 15-20 of the match . Ibe seems like a very very good option to have in the bench , looked very strong and pacey /
chriserfolg
LFC Basic Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:33 pm

Ferhan Hasani  :laugh: That had to be the highlight of his career. Well in lad in any case, that was a nice little slalom.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:47 pm

feel for llori having to go off and hopefully its nothing serious. thought ibe looked good but needs to work on his decision making, he also looks much stronger than last year.
we did alright for a team of youths and given that they are at the end of their preseason so are bound to be fitter. disappointed can wasnt even on the trip but hopefully he will be involved at the weekend. markovic too with any luck.
we should also take what ever sunderland are willing to offer for borini. he's no better than when we first signed him  :no
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:34 pm

Disappointed with Borini ( he will miss a lot of chances and we need to sell him) and was disappointed with Suso. Aside for their first goal which was his fault, he just did not look like he would ever be world class and that is why you keep " one for the future" type players. I don't think if we sold him we would think we should not have. PC looked quality in the first half and I hope he has a big year for us. It was probably good he did not make the Brazil squad.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:46 am

2-1... :glare:  i know its early but.. Rodgers out.
killerp

Postby kazza » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:41 am

killerp » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:46 am wrote:2-1... :glare:  i know its early but.. Rodgers out.

These games are less about the manager than about seeing those young players that we never see but hear " one for the future". we actually should have won if it were not for poor defending mistakes and poor finishing. Pitch was not that good but that should not matter. I want to see the fringe players claiming their place but no one shone except Coutinho.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:31 am

kazza » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:34 pm wrote:Disappointed with Borini ( he will miss a lot of chances and we need to sell him) and was disappointed with Suso. Aside for their first goal which was his fault, he just did not look like he would ever be world class and that is why you keep " one for the future" type players. I don't think if we sold him we would think we should not have. PC looked quality in the first half and I hope he has a big year for us. It was probably good he did not make the Brazil squad.

I struggle to criticise any of our boys, they've had two weeks of training FFS
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:45 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:31 am wrote:
kazza » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:34 pm wrote:Disappointed with Borini ( he will miss a lot of chances and we need to sell him) and was disappointed with Suso. Aside for their first goal which was his fault, he just did not look like he would ever be world class and that is why you keep " one for the future" type players. I don't think if we sold him we would think we should not have. PC looked quality in the first half and I hope he has a big year for us. It was probably good he did not make the Brazil squad.

I struggle to criticise any of our boys, they've had two weeks of training FFS

It was about quality, not fitness
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:06 pm

Can't draw too many conclusions from a pre-season game.

All I will say is that Ibe has real potential and if he can find an end product he will be some player.  He is lightening quick.

Was disappointed to lose it in the end even though it counts for fk all - the defending for their winner was a joke.  Skrtel had the chance to put in a tackle on the lad and instead inexplicably decided to let him run by him.  Awful defending.  Obviously big Martin was mentally still on holiday.

All in all the young lads did well to hold their own against a side further on in their pre-season and but for 2 bad defensive mistakes would have won it 1-0.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games