Liverpool v fc utrecht

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Ciggy » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:02 am

only me wrote:Actuelly Rafa is the reason we got Roy....

Is he fuck Purslow hired him. Gerrard & Carragher thought it was a good idea, dont ask me why.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:07 am

redhayesy wrote:
metalhead wrote:Eccelston is way out of his depth

totally agree mate, i'm glad i'm not the only one thinking that! well done mate for saying it as it is. the lad was given a massive,massive opportunity tonight to show his so called potential,sadly he failed big time & was subed as to not cause him any futher embarasment!

Seriously mate, he isn't even ready yet, I don't think he will ever make the grade with us, I hope he proves me wrong.

What about Kelly? immense ability, he made Aurelio look like :censored: today, standout player for me. Plus, I don't know whats all the hype about Jonjo Shelvey, had a very average game.

Wilson and Kelly have done well today.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rocky29 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:07 am

we are we all moaning were through to the next round fecksake
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:11 am

Ciggy wrote:

Is he fuck Purslow hired him. Gerrard & Carragher thought it was a good idea, dont ask me why.

The two scousers helped to get rid of our best manager and replaced him with Rub Roy?
:oops:
Scandalous
Thommo's perm

Postby mrt » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:12 am

Cos they're footballers, not rocket surgeons.
mrt

Postby Ciggy » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:12 am

Thommo's perm wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

The two scousers helped to ge rid of our best manager and replaced him with Rub Roy?
:oops:
Scandalous

Are you Paddy Barclay by any chance?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:13 am

mrt wrote:Cos they're footballers, not rocket surgeons.

Dont you mean brain scientists?
Thommo's perm

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:13 am

7_Kewell wrote:I blame Parry

i blame your lot , the media, the papers, the journos,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:15 am

When Royston gets the England job, if you really are a journo how long will it take before you turn on him?

Serious question like.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:20 am

who gives a :censored:. this thread is about the game not Roy

if you want to slag each other off go to the roy thread.

this is getting boring and tedious.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:25 am

Ciggy wrote:

When Royston gets the England job, if you really are a journo how long will it take before you turn on him?

Serious question like.

Not long. The whole media industry is suffering a funding crisis brought on by the advent of the internet and the fall in advertising.

Sensationalism sells, not news or good old fashioned reporting.

Anyway, Roy won't get the England job. It'll be 'Arry and Capello will go to Inter.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:27 am

metalhead wrote:
redhayesy wrote:
metalhead wrote:Eccelston is way out of his depth

totally agree mate, i'm glad i'm not the only one thinking that! well done mate for saying it as it is. the lad was given a massive,massive opportunity tonight to show his so called potential,sadly he failed big time & was subed as to not cause him any futher embarasment!

Seriously mate, he isn't even ready yet, I don't think he will ever make the grade with us, I hope he proves me wrong.

What about Kelly? immense ability, he made Aurelio look like :censored: today, standout player for me. Plus, I don't know whats all the hype about Jonjo Shelvey, had a very average game.

Wilson and Kelly have done well today.

again totally agree with you mate. i said earlier in this thread i really don't get it with the likes of shelvey! he showed no ambition tonight to impress what so ever. he like many have been given chances to shine,when i say shine i really mean shine!

he is another who is out of their depth-harsh i hear some say-bu11sh1t!- i'm fuming at players like him cause they have been given a pedastool to stand on by many fans,only to fail flat on their face by their p1ss poor performance they displayed tonight aswell as other chances theyv'e been given.

let's face it mate many,many young players have been given a chance to play for LFC & have given blood,sweat & tears to try an make the grade & have failed,but at least they have shown more heart,soul & determination to try & get their & give the manager at the time a reason for a selection headache as a result. the likes of shelvey sadly will never prove me wrong imho cause of his lack of what i mention.

to give you one example mate of what i'm on about -was a player called mike marsh. top lad mate imho-a young lad who was given a chance in the side under exactlly the same circumstances for me as with now,under souness when he was manager. the lad showed heart & determination to now what it meant to wear the famous red shirt.

he wasn't the best player in the world as many fans who saw him week in week out will agree with me,but one thing thay will agree with me on-is that he did his fecking best whenever he was picked to give the manager a selection headache!

his commitment,passion & alround attitude was a credit to the lad & that for me was & always will be the difference when given a chance to play for LFC.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:37 am

I met mike marsh at Anfield, around 1992 after a match. Him and Burrows were always happy to wait around signing stuff for the fans. Rush and Barnes were off before you knew they were even leaving.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:39 am

redhayesy wrote:again totally agree with you mate. i said earlier in this thread i really don't get it with the likes of shelvey! he showed no ambition tonight to impress what so ever. he like many have been given chances to shine,when i say shine i really mean shine!

he is another who is out of their depth-harsh i hear some say-bu11sh1t!- i'm fuming at players like him cause they have been given a pedastool to stand on by many fans,only to fail flat on their face by their p1ss poor performance they displayed tonight aswell as other chances theyv'e been given.

let's face it mate many,many young players have been given a chance to play for LFC & have given blood,sweat & tears to try an make the grade & have failed,but at least they have shown more heart,soul & determination to try & get their & give the manager at the time a reason for a selection headache as a result. the likes of shelvey sadly will never prove me wrong imho cause of his lack of what i mention.

to give you one example mate of what i'm on about -was a player called mike marsh. top lad mate imho-a young lad who was given a chance in the side under exactlly the same circumstances for me as with now,under souness when he was manager. the lad showed heart & determination to now what it meant to wear the famous red shirt.

he wasn't the best player in the world as many fans who saw him week in week out will agree with me,but one thing thay will agree with me on-is that he did his fecking best whenever he was picked to give the manager a selection headache!

his commitment,passion & alround attitude was a credit to the lad & that for me was & always will be the difference when given a chance to play for LFC.

I will disagree with you in the front regarding Shelvey, I'm prepared to give him a chance to develop and mature, he might not be the player we thought he would be or vice versa. I agree with you regarding to an extent that players who show passion and pride wearing the red shirt are players that we need more, but ofcourse with ability. The problem is, other than the manager of course, is having too many senior players sulking around like babies and forgetting who they are playing for! we need more carraghers and gerrards, players who are in top of their league and know what it means to play for the famous red shirt. As much as I love Torres and a world class player he is, he still doesn't get it! I'm sorry he doesn't, he is becoming more of a sulk er than just trying to do something to salvage a game, Even if the tactics aren't suiting him, he still isn't committing himself like he used to do. Its not only Torres, but also you have several other players who give up easily and show no fighting spirit what so ever, and its up to the manager to show them who they are playing for, but sadly, the manager is not up to it.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrt » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:44 am

I remember Mike Marsh having a great game, alongside big Jan, against Genoa in the UEFA cup.  Still don't know how we lost (If memory serves, Christina Aguilera, back when she was a tricky Uruguayan striker, fluked one on the counter).  One of my fav nights on the Kop, apart from the result.  I think we're asking a bit much, though, for 18 and 19 yr olds to come in and tear the place up when the senior players are bobbins.
Last edited by mrt on Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrt

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games