Liverpool v fc utrecht

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby laza » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:30 pm

What no match thread yet, Oh well I just cheat and post up the Skysports preview
Cmon Redmen

--------------------

Liverpool are set to name a relatively strong side for their final Europa League Group K clash against FC Utrecht.

Despite having already secured top spot in the group and safe passage into the last 32, Reds boss Roy Hodgson is keen to give his best players a run-out against the Dutch side.

Utrecht, who are bottom of the group, are playing for pride as they cannot qualify due to their inferior head-to-head record against both Steaua Bucharest and Napoli.

Liverpool are still missing key duo Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher as they recover from hamstring and shoulder injuries respectively.

Jose Reina is expected to captain the side in the absence of the duo, while Dirk Kuyt is set to feature against one of his former clubs.

Fernando Torres is set to start in attack alongside Ryan Babel with David Ngog missing out with the head injury he sustained against Newcastle last weekend.

Paul Konchesky misses out with a minor knock meaning Fabio Aurelio will start at left-back, while Daniel Agger is still sidelined with a calf problem.

Jonjo Shelvey and Joe Cole are expected to be handed some match action in midfield, while Danny Wilson could also feature at the back.

Utrecht are set to field a strong line-up despite having nothing to play for.

Highly-rated striker Ricky van Wolfswinkel will lead the line as he looks to catch the eye of interested clubs.

Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:35 pm

I see my strike comrade have started the game thread  :buttrock

good game to see more of the young players, very much like a friendly to me today.

so I hope we get a win, young players enjoy the game and top the group

2-0 for the reds

:)
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ring-of-Fire » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:53 pm

It'll be interesting to see how we perform in this one. I expect we'll struggle to an odd-goal win or smack them off the face of the Earth. Even Roy will struggle to lose this one.
Ring-of-Fire

Postby Raoul » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:16 pm

metalhead wrote:so I hope we get a win, young players enjoy the game and top the group

If I'm right we will be top even if we lose by 10 and Bucuresti win by 10, as we'd be equal on points but have a better head-to-head record.

Not a bad shout giving Torres another run, and it means that our top striker, Ngog, will be fresh for the weekend.

So, our second string team will be out tonight, including Cole, Torres and Kuyt. Guess we'll be lining up like this:

Reina

Kelly       Kyriagkos        Wilson        Aurelio

Kuyt         Shelvey       Spearing       Cole

Babel        Torres

Not a bad looking line up actually.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:09 pm

Raoul wrote:
metalhead wrote:so I hope we get a win, young players enjoy the game and top the group

If I'm right we will be top even if we lose by 10 and Bucuresti win by 10, as we'd be equal on points but have a better head-to-head record.

Not a bad shout giving Torres another run, and it means that our top striker, Ngog, will be fresh for the weekend.

So, our second string team will be out tonight, including Cole, Torres and Kuyt. Guess we'll be lining up like this:

Reina

Babel        Torres

Swap Spearing (who I think is still injured) with Poulsen and I think you're pretty much spot on, though there might also be a place for Jovanovic somewhere in the starting lineup (I don't know instead of whom it would be though).

Should be a good experience with some entertaining football (seeing as we can play freely and with a decent team) for all the youngsters watching the game for free at Anfield - at least I hope so :)

Oh, and Torres please bang in a few and get some confidence back lad... we desperately need it to start climbing the table.
JamCar05

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:37 pm

JamCar05 wrote:
Raoul wrote:

Reina

Babel        Torres

Swap Spearing (who I think is still injured) with Poulsen and I think you're pretty much spot on, though there might also be a place for Jovanovic somewhere in the starting lineup (I don't know instead of whom it would be though).

Should be a good experience with some entertaining football (seeing as we can play freely and with a decent team) for all the youngsters watching the game for free at Anfield - at least I hope so :)

Oh, and Torres please bang in a few and get some confidence back lad... we desperately need it to start climbing the table.

id say thats pretty much the team with maybe jova for cole on the left.
not a bad line up and im pretty sure we will win this one.
1 or 2 nil win isnt really good enough against these at home,and neither is a draw.
i know were top and already qualified but so far this uefa campaign has been less than impressive,5 games,only 2 wins(at home) and 9 pts isnt near enough against the quality of opposition in his group.
lets hope we go out tonight and show some quality and win with a convincing display like we should.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:41 pm

6 replies for a european game says it all really doesnt it?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:47 pm

We are going to win this one - it's at home
Benny The Noon

Postby rocky29 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:21 pm

torres not playing now strange?
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby OneHotRed » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:28 pm

Ciggy wrote:6 replies for a european game says it all really doesnt it?

Yep, the people who actually talked about football have been banned or just left because of all the arguing.

Sad state this forum is in now, not about football, its about personal vendettas, people seem to be fighting just to fight.

I for one am looking forward to this match, I would like to see if the players perform any better with not a single gnats weight of pressure on them, regardless of this game being meaningless in terms of qualification, I want us to go out and batter the living shoite out of them.
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:57 pm

anyone got streams?
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:07 pm

Roy's going for youth on this one, which is always good.  :nod
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:19 pm

Liverpool: Jones, Kelly, Aurelio, Skrtel, Wilson, Poulsen, Shelvey, Jovanovic, Cole, Babel, Eccleston. Subs: Hansen, Johnson, Kyrgiakos, Pacheco, Torres, Kuyt, Meireles.

Hell Yeh :buttrock
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:20 pm

God poulsen !!!!
Benny The Noon

Postby redhayesy » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:22 pm

let's just hope they put on a decent display for all the kids also getting into tonights game free!

COME ON YOU MIGHTY REDS!
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games