fulham v LIVERPOOL Sat 6th Aug 12.30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Reg » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:26 am

Disappointing. First that we came out with our heads in the sky and threw away 2 points and secondly that Tommy Smith has decided to continue his miserable rants after every game.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:26 pm

I think the club need to go out and buy a CM, Thiago oozes quality but he’s injury prone, Hendo is 32 (not an ideal age for a grafter type) and has developed a habit of picking up one or two troubling injuries himself,  Milner will be 37 just after Christmas and is probably not capable of playing week in week out anymore and of course Naby is made of glass.
The likes of Curtis, Elliott and Carvalho etc are still a bit young , aren’t really CM’s and aren’t really disciplined enough to play that role.
That’s leaves Fab as the only player we can really hang our hats on.
I think we need to go out and buy or loan someone or we could find ourselves in a similar position to when we had no CB’s. That situation very nearly cost us a CL place, we scraped into the top 4 by the skin of our teeth.
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:30 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:26 am wrote:I think the club need to go out and buy a CM, Thiago oozes quality but he’s injury prone, Hendo is 32 (not an ideal age for a grafter type) and has developed a habit of picking up one or two troubling injuries himself,  Milner will be 37 just after Christmas and is probably not capable of playing week in week out anymore and of course Naby is made of glass.
The likes of Curtis, Elliott and Carvalho etc are still a bit young , aren’t really CM’s and aren’t really disciplined enough to play that role.
That’s leaves Fab as the only player we can really hang our hats on.
I think we need to go out and buy someone or we could find ourselves in a similar position to when we had no CB’s.

Basically all things we said at the start of the window. The midfield situation is glaring and needs to be addressed. Even if we have a special target next summer it’s about this year and we will be light due to so many midfielders being injury prone, and the one that isn’t is 37  :laugh:

For sure over the course of the season these midfielders will miss many games according to their track record.

Hendo
Thiago
Keita
Ox

Jones is in a cast
Fabinho is heavily relied on that you fear a breakdown or even a suspension

The rest are kids and a 37 year old.

Unless we get cover then you will see Gomez playing midfield
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games