Everton V Liverpool - 23/11/13 12:45 K/O

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:34 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:43 am wrote:Rumours are Sturridge is a doubt, assuming this I expect we would revert to a 4-4-1-1

Mignolet

Johnson    Skrtel     Sahko     Cissohko

Henderson     Gerrard     Lucas     Moses

Coutinho 

Suarez

Toure is expected back and Sturidge is (apparently) having a late fitness test.

Assuming Agger is fit I'd pair him with Skrtel and stick Sakho at left back, a position he's played before, keep Toure on the bench as he's a sub who could slot in anywhere along the back four.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:41 pm

This would be my team hoping Sturridge is fit enough to play.

------------------------------Mig

Toure   Skertel  Agger   Johnson

Lucas
                        Henderson  Gerrard
                                  Coutinho

Sturridge  Suarez
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:50 pm

Can Cissokho please not be in the starting 11? That's pretty much all I ask
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:00 pm

Rodgers contemplating starting Flanagan at LB ,as he says the lad has been outstanding in training, and just keeps getting better and better.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:40 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:00 pm wrote:Rodgers contemplating starting Flanagan at LB ,as he says the lad has been outstanding in training, and just keeps getting better and better.

If that's a joke it's too f*cking deep for me. If it's for real where can I get an application form for the Liverpool FC managers job ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:58 pm

woof woof ! » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:40 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:00 pm wrote:Rodgers contemplating starting Flanagan at LB ,as he says the lad has been outstanding in training, and just keeps getting better and better.

If that's a joke it's too f*cking deep for me. If it's for real where can I get an application form for the Liverpool FC managers job ?

with enrique needing an operation we dont have too many other options at LB, i dont think i`m going out on any limbs by saying most fans wouldnt want cissokho anywhere near the team sheet so that leaves us with the options of either moving johnson over or playing a natural CB like sakho or agger there.
the last time agger started at LB he was taken the cleaners by adam johnson and i like sakho but i wouldnt fancy him out wide against someone as quick as meirelles.
personally i`d play toure at RB and johnson at LB but rodgers may not want to do that because it hinders johnson in terms of going forward.
tbh i`m not that confident of us getting anything out of this game tomorrow, i think we really needed to go there with our best XI, goodison is a pretty hostile place for any team to go and doubly so for us. dont forget they are unbeaten there in 2013 (and we are in mid november!)
no doubt about it, given our injury situation we are up against it tomorrow.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby fivecups » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:34 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:58 pm wrote:

with enrique needing an operation we dont have too many other options at LB, i dont think i`m going out on any limbs by saying most fans wouldnt want cissokho anywhere near the team sheet so that leaves us with the options of either moving johnson over or playing a natural CB like sakho or agger there.
the last time agger started at LB he was taken the cleaners by adam johnson and i like sakho but i wouldnt fancy him out wide against someone as quick as meirelles.
personally i`d play toure at RB and johnson at LB but rodgers may not want to do that because it hinders johnson in terms of going forward.
tbh i`m not that confident of us getting anything out of this game tomorrow, i think we really needed to go there with our best XI, goodison is a pretty hostile place for any team to go and doubly so for us. dont forget they are unbeaten there in 2013 (and we are in mid november!)
no doubt about it, given our injury situation we are up against it tomorrow.

Agree the injuries and Suarez situation are less than ideal but I still think we've a good chance of the win. It's a derby, anything can happen, but we've done well in recent years. FWIW the bookies have us as favourites.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:47 pm

Sorry mate no chortling from me ,and the very best of British with your new career  :D 

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-manager-brendan-rodgers-6329853

Rodgers set to hand Jon Flanagan derby debut this weekend
20-year-old Academy graduate is vying with Aly Cissokho for the left-back spot 

He's more suited to the right-back role but has deputised on the other flank previously and Rodgers has no concerns about the prospect of putting him into the white-hot atmosphere of a Goodison derby .

Flanagan has clocked up 18 first-team appearances over the past two and a half years but Saturday would be the first time he has faced the Blues.

“With Jose out, I've got Aly who came in as cover but I've also got other options like young Jon Flanagan,” Rodgers told the ECHO.

“Jon has been outstanding in training and he seems to be getting better and better.

“He did very well against Arsenal. He didn't do anything wrong in that game.

“When he came off, it was simply because we wanted to be more offensive as we were chasing the game.

“Jon is a young player who will never let you down. Of course it's disappointing if you lose your No 1 left-back for a few months but it's an opportunity for someone else to come in and do well.”

Rodgers experimented with Mamadou Sakho at left-back in the defeat to Southampton in September but he has ruled out playing the big £15million centre-back there against the Blues.

“We looked at that once and it didn't quite work for us,” he admitted.

“It's an option but we would prefer more mobility there. It takes away our offensive treat.

“I'm not concerned about that position. Cissokho and Flanagan can both play there.

“Whether Jon has played at right-back or left-back he has never let the team down.”

Enrique is set to undergo surgery after breaking down in training after aggravating a long-standing knee problem.

The Spaniard had hoped that five weeks on the sidelines had cured the injury prior to making his comeback as a substitute against Fulham a fortnight ago.

However, it has continued to restrict him and the decision has been made for him to go under the knife. He's unlikely to be back in action until late January.

“It's disappointing to lose Jose as he's a very good player,” Rodgers said.

“It's been ongoing over the past two and a half months and it's been difficult for him.

“He rested it to see if that would sort it out but he's come back and he's still got the problem. It's not a major operation but it will probably means he's out for a couple of months.”

Luis Suarez arrived back on Merseyside tonight after benefiting from the use of principal owner John W Henry's private plane to speed up his return from Uruguay.

The striker played the full 90 minutes against Jordan in Montevideo on Wednesday night as his nation booked their passage to next summer's World Cup finals.

“We're thankful to the owners as if Luis had got a normal flight he wouldn't have been back until Friday lunchtime,” Rodgers said.

“We wanted to get him back as early as possibly to get him rested and ready for the game on Saturday.”

Daniel Sturridge and Steven Gerrard continued their recovery from their midweek exploits with England by training away from the main group at Melwood on Thursday.

However, Rodgers expects them both to be fit to face the Blues.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:02 am

I'm not sure it would be a bad thing if Sturridge was unavailable or on the bench for this game. Everton don't look too bad down either flank with two fullbacks comfortable getting up field. Playing 4-2-1-2 leaves us a bit narrow and young Flanagan a little too exposed for my liking for this game.

If we do play with two up front then we'll need Hendo in there for sure.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:26 am

Rather Flanagan than Cissokho. Rather anyone instead of Cissokho actually.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Basil » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:51 am

Look what happened against Southampton, Sakho and Toure are not fullbacks. Sissoko hasn't had the best starts but he's our second choice  leftback, we can't keep playing players out of position. If he's not good enough, get rid of him.

We need both Enrique and Johnson playing to take full advantage of playing with three central defenders. With Enrique not available and Sakho playing midweek, I'd go for Agger and Skrtel or Toure, with Johnson at RB and its Brendan's call for Sissoko or Flannagan at LB.
Basil

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:21 pm

Kenny Kan » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:41 pm wrote:This would be my team hoping Sturridge is fit enough to play.

------------------------------Mig

Toure   Skertel  Agger   Johnson

Lucas
                        Henderson  Gerrard
                                  Coutinho

Sturridge  Suarez

This is my choice too. Looks good.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby damjan193 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Official: Mignolet, Johnson, Flanagan, Agger, Skrtel, Lucas, Gerrard, Allen, Henderson, Coutinho, Suarez.

Jones, Toure, Alberto, Moses, Sturridge, Sakho, Sterling

f*ck England and the bloody international friendlies!

Glad Cissokho isn't even on the bench though.

Would have liked to see Sakho in this one but both Skrtel and Agger are in good form.

Big chance for Allen, but 4 midfielders + Coutinho? How is that going to work? Maybe we should have started with Moses?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Homebooby » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:40 pm

Hi guys, anyone got a decent stream tip?
Homebooby

Postby Homebooby » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:41 pm

Hi guys, anyone got a decent stream tip?
Homebooby

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games