crystal palace v LIVERPOOL Sat 19th Dec 12.30pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby fivecups » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:02 pm

Pick of the goals for me was Bobby's second, it looked like he'd taken it far too wide, hard to emphasise how difficult and immaculate that finish was.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:12 pm

Superb performance, I was not expecting that, well done lads. That result increases out GD and erases the loss vs Villa.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:19 pm

fivecups » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:02 pm wrote:Pick of the goals for me was Bobby's second, it looked like he'd taken it far too wide, hard to emphasise how difficult and immaculate that finish was.

A great goal indeed BUT ! for me his first goal was possibly for me  goal of the season !

He started the move and then legged forward, inviting a cross that was superbly delivered.

The finish was just f*cking sublime ! The anticipation, composure and technique was just world class !

It's a goal I'll happily watch again and again and again !

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:58 pm

An absolutely fantastic win  :buttrock

We were brilliant from the get go and capitalised almost immediately. Stil think taki is far too lightweight but did well for his goal which I'm happy he got. Good to see Bobby hitting a bit of form as well so hopefully it continues.

Overall a great team performance and the reward is being top of the tree!! For Christmas  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:15 am

Well even that absolute muppet Maureeninho must have been impressed with that !! Phenomenal team performance. Well done.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:44 pm

Ironic how when we lost 7-2 to Villa Mannure Lost 6-1 to City.
We beat Palace 7-0 and Mannure beat Leeds 6-2.
United have been poor but could potentially be 2 points behind us if they win their game in hand.
"Title challengers" this season are changing almost every week, imo I feel we will drift from the lot and we will see a dog fight for UCL spots.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Franky000 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:02 pm

Good to see Minamino get his first goal - thought he had a decent overall game as well. once he works on his strength and aggression he could develop into the Klopp type player we expected.

It's amazing how we find ourselves top at this stage despite the setbacks - shows how much that win at all costs mentality has become so ingrained into the team

redshade » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:44 pm wrote:Ironic how when we lost 7-2 to Villa Mannure Lost 6-1 to City.
We beat Palace 7-0 and Mannure beat Leeds 6-2.
United have been poor but could potentially be 2 points behind us if they win their game in hand.
"Title challengers" this season are changing almost every week, imo I feel we will drift from the lot and we will see a dog fight for UCL spots.

You mean Totteringham  :grinning:
Franky000

Postby Tommy Smith » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:39 pm

It was a sublime performance by all  the players and it was an excellent result.
I have never been a fan of Firmino or Salah, both did play well and scored two good goals, I just hope I can continue to be a better judge of form.

Good Luck Lads
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby Reg » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:01 pm

Been locked out of the forum for a week!

Fantastic performance, classic Liverpool tight football followed by match winning passes and strikes.

Bobby's first goal was the pick of the bunch, as Woof stated, he started the move, ran the length of the field got onto a superb cross and his finish was simply magical. His run line was left, momentum, body language all screamed to the keeper it was going left then to use the outside of his boot to send it right was pure poetry.

Makes the media criticism of Bobby look foolish as he was our master creator throughout the game and reminds us that the creator role has a higher value than a one footed striker. Mo couldn't have scored either Minimino's goal nor Bobby's as they were pure right footed opportunities.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:28 pm

Never understood the criticism about lack of goals for Bobby to be honest, maybe because I've always seen him more as a midfielder than a forward. He was in poor form recently but that wasn't down to not scoring goals but his play in general. He's been better for a few games now though, hope he keeps it up.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Franky000 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:25 pm

I never understood it either! He’s been so consistent for us since he signed (barring late Rodgers era) that when he briefly goes off form people seem to make a big deal out of it. Reality is he is central to our recent resurgence. It’s the media who stir the Sh*t, then certain fans parrot it because they feed on second hand opinions and can’t think for themselves.
Franky000

Postby kazza » Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:48 pm

Remember when Bobby first came he got burgled, he got caught driving over the limit and went to court and lost his license (I seem to remember hearing “didn’t like the weather” stories too) yet he settled and became a great player for us, could easily have quit and moved on.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games