Chelsea vs LIVERPOOL 16/09 8pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:15 am

Another one against the top sides.
This will be a tough one for sure. Chelsea have started the season well. Under Conte they look composed and hard to break down.
David luiz looks likely to be called up for this one.

I would stick with Mignolet for this. Give Karius his debut vs Derby and then gradually include him in the starting xi.

Mignolet

Clyne Klavan Matip Milner

Hendo   Lallana

Coutinho

Mane              Firmino
         Sturridge

I would go with that line up.

I feel we can edge this one.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:34 am

Do we attack and go for 3 points or contain? Holding midfielders or attacking? Lone attacker or 3 as you suggest?

I'll be happy with a 1-1 draw, important to come away with at least a point.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:34 pm

redshade » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:15 am wrote:Another one against the top sides.
This will be a tough one for sure. Chelsea have started the season well. Under Conte they look composed and hard to break down.

I would stick with Mignolet for this. Give Karius his debut vs Derby and then gradually include him in the starting xi.

Mignolet

Hendo   Lallana

Coutinho

Sturridge

Very attacking line up that mate and attack could very well be our best form of defence for this one. I think Jurgen likes to play with 3 CM's when we come up against the better sides though and it wouldn't surprise me to see Can get a run out.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ethanr » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:24 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:34 am wrote:
redshade » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:15 am wrote:Another one against the top sides.

Mignolet

Hendo   Lallana

Coutinho

Sturridge

Very attacking line up that mate and attack could very well be our best form of defence for this one. I think Jurgen likes to play with 3 CM's when we come up against the better sides though and it wouldn't surprise me to see Can get a run out.

I believe Can is fit, so I'd expect him to start. You have a point Yakka with Klopp's full-out blitz, and I'm not really sure who Can would replace, but I'd think we'd want that stability he offers. Maybe for Hendo. I was thinking Lallana, but these are the games he tends to really thrive in, and you can't take Firmino out after last weeks performance. I could even see Can in for Sturridge with Firmino moved up front and Coutinho out wide.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby only me » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:03 pm

We will probably start with the same lineup that beat Leicester with Maybe just one change Coutinho starts instead of Sturridge.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:40 pm

Why change a winning team? I'd be tempted to bring in Lovern for Lucas, but leave the rest as it is.

Can isn't back from injury, but a bench of Coutinho, Lucas, Origi and Ings would give us lots of options to shake things up, should they not go our way.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:33 pm

Think this could be a difficult game. Conte is a bit more cagey and I think he will look to keep it tight.

The games against Arsenal and spurs were different because they are both teams that like to have a go and take the game to the opposition so we were always going to get the oppurtunity to cause them problems.

Chelsea are a bit different under Conte. Bit more cagey and I think they will look to stifle us more and look to the likes of Hazard for some magic and obviously Costa is in form for them. Terry being out is a big plus although I remember Mane tearing him a new ***** when he was.at Southampton so maybe would have been a plus him playing.

Tactics will have to be spot on. Key for me in this game is central midfield, utilising Mane's pace and obviously no silly mistakes in defence.

Have a feeling this one will end in a draw.
Doeboy

Postby parchpea » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:07 pm

We only know one way to play so hold in to your hats, for betting men goals either side every game for us.

Chelsea wont play a more attacking team than us this season so I expect Conte to produce the tactical wand and try to kill our attack whilst expecting to score.

Friday night football is a wonderful time for armchair fans and I dont think we will bring many bad games this season, brilliant if exhausting to watch at times.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:46 pm

I missed the preseason game between us and Chelsea, I know we lost but how did the game go generally? Does anyone reckon that game could be the blueprint for this one?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:06 pm

I watched parts of that game. Chelsea were hard to break down. They defended deep and tried getting us on the counter. It was a tough game.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:25 pm

redshade » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:06 pm wrote:I watched parts of that game. Chelsea were hard to break down. They defended deep and tried getting us on the counter. It was a tough game.

Cheers mate, given they won that game it will be interesting to see if they decide to do the same thing again, it will be tougher for them to sit deep at home of course with 40,000 of their fans watching but 3 points are 3 points and if Conte thinks parking the bus is the best way to beat us he may well choose to go down that road, fans or no fans.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:27 pm

For them David luiz will be crucial and Kante. Also if Hazard and Costa click they could cause us problems. Matip will have to be a rock at CB.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:33 pm

redshade » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:27 pm wrote:For them David luiz will be crucial and Kante. Also if Hazard and Costa click they could cause us problems. Matip will have to be a rock at CB.

Agreed mate, but not just Matip, all our defenders need to turn up, not many teams leave Stamford bridge with 3 points after putting in a poor defensive performance.
It's one of those grounds that if you defend shyte there you lose, it's as simple as that.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby killerp » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:16 am

Away at Chelsea with their current form.....a single point will be hard work let alone 3.

Coutinho cannot afford to disappear in this one
killerp

Postby redshade » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:13 am

Coutinho does well against the top sides he scored 2 against them last season.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games