Chelsea vs Liverpool 13/08 16:30 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:23 pm

jesus, Nunez's first touch is awful
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:26 pm

one needless yellow either side. have to say i agree with the concept.
we so desperately need a midfield destroyer, and at least one more good defender.
and yet another hopeless attempted pass from Jones - he's not good enough
bunglemark2

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:31 pm

Well that was cr@p. Only consolidation is we didn't lose.

We need a defender and a defensive midfielder. But I genuinely fear we'll get neither.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:31 pm

FT 1-1 we do made Chelsea look good today...often time it looks like all they need is a long pass out of their box and Ali's goal is under threat. Poor defending and we do need a proper No.6
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:32 pm

Drawn that game by owners being absolute cheapskates!!!!!!!

We've needed a CDM for over 16 months now and we still haven't got one! It's what's cost us today with players having to play out of position to accommodate this.

So frustrating as Chelsea are awful.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:38 pm

1-1 FT.
Promising start but completely lost control of the game after half an hour. Subs got us back into it near the end. A point away at Chelsea is never a bad result but definitely some concerns there about the way we couldn’t get near them for large periods of the game.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:41 pm

Not a good game at all. Looked like a nothing game between 2 teams trying to break into the top 10 if I'm honest.

Didn't think we over excerted ourselves anyway for fear of getting caught at the back. Mac is certainly no DM but did ok. Good work from mo for the goal but catch yer self the fook on lad throwing a strop cos you got taken off. 

It's a point which is better than nothing but big improvements needed. Imo we need at least 2 capable of starting to be sure of top 4.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:46 pm

Chelsea weren't good but we sure made them look like they are. Defensive issues aside, I felt our final ball is still not good enough, either by the supplier or the receiver. Saw too many times where had a simple pass been better or a receiving ball been better controlled we would have been through on goal.

Anyway, we take a point away at Chelsea in our first game of the season, not great but not a terrible start either. We should have had a pen given to us though.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:53 pm

We will start hearing from his agent how he wants to go to Saudi. To be fair he needed to be subbed.

As for the yellow cards… book the player that calls for a yellow by all means but surely the player that commits a deliberate foul to stop a counter attack should get booked too. Also Enzo headbutts Jota  and because Jota doesn’t grab his face and roll around doesn’t take away from the fact that Enzo head butted Jota. I thought the ref was poor.

Not to beat a dead horse, but without a defensive midfielder we have Gakpo playing in in midfield even though he is a forward. Trent is a right back and has to play a hybrid midfielder and MacAllister who is more an attacking midfielder had to play DM. So we have three good players playing out of position to cope with the fact we don’t have a DM. I’m sure we will get one but we should have had it wrapped up already.

Anyway, onwards and up wards.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:23 pm

Mo is a bona fide club legend but this club is called Liverpool FC not Mo Salah FC, he clearly had a cob on because he wanted to keep that record of scoring on every opening day of the season going.
Jurgen gets employed to win trophies for Liverpool not personal accolades for Mo.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:29 pm

When folks say we need a defender, to replace who exactly?  On paper we have a great back 4, though you see TAA and Robbo not pressing as high as they used to. Where is the weakness, TAA wanting to go into midfield, or VVD not as confident as he used to b, or....?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:33 pm

Reg » Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:29 pm wrote:When folks say we need a defender, to replace who exactly?  On paper we have a great back 4, though you see TAA and Robbo not pressing as high as they used to. Where is the weakness, TAA wanting to go into midfield, or VVD not as confident as he used to b, or....?

Gomez isn't good enough for a top 4 side and Matip is past his best.

That means we need someone to replace one of those and challenge Konate.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:39 pm

Reg » Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:29 pm wrote:When folks say we need a defender, to replace who exactly?  On paper we have a great back 4, though you see TAA and Robbo not pressing as high as they used to. Where is the weakness, TAA wanting to go into midfield, or VVD not as confident as he used to b, or....?

The likes of Virge and Robbo are clearly not as athletic as they were 3 - 4 years ago but I think it’s a tadge simplistic to just lblame the back 4.
When teams attack us the ball gets from back to front very easily, when we were in our pomp teams sometimes struggled to get out of their own box never mind their own half because the likes of Sadio, Bobby and Mo et al pressed so high and effectively. It wasn’t that often teams got at our back 4 years ago, now it’s every attack.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:13 pm

Could have gone after Schuurs or Van De Veen, whatever his name is
bunglemark2

Postby Doeboy » Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:23 pm

bunglemark2 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:13 pm wrote:

Could have gone after Schuurs or Van De Veen, whatever his name is

Caught some of Brentford v Spurs before our game and that Van den Ven did look like he had the raw tools to suit our system but can't say I've watched him before so no idea what he is like. Schuurs also kinda similar but again not seen enough of him.
Doeboy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games