Chelsea vs Liverpool 13/08 16:30 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:13 pm

Season kicks off with a difficult match against a Chelsea side under Poch. They are an unknown entity currently, difficult to predict how they'll perform. However, under Poch I'm sure he will get them pacing as he did with spurs.

Chelsea will miss Nkunku who is out until Jan.

Our new two lads may make their debuts.

I think this will end in a draw.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:47 pm

Opening day so both will be up for it so all about who's prepared better. They weren't great at all last season and have practically a new side and hired Poch. They might not be the finished article so imo they can be beat.

Allison

Trent       Konate     Virg       Robbo.

Mac             szob

Gakpo

Salah         Jota        Diaz .

That would be my lineup anyway and imo the strongest we could field this weekend.  I reckon we will set out with a counter approach, everyone defend then try to rip em a new one on the break.

I'm going for a win, might be narrow/controversial  but a win all the same  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:24 pm

Reckon Curtis Jones starts. Only reason he didn't start our last friendly was because of a minor knock. Think Szoboszlai might be on the bench. He struggled a little in pre-season. Apart from that I agree with the team Red posted above. Hopefully Thiago makes the bench and maybe Bajcetic too.

Based on their final friendly vs Dortmund and developments since I'd guess Chelsea line up like this.

Sanchez

James              Silva              Colwill              Chilwell

Gallagher              Enzo

Sterling         Chukwuemeka         Mudryk

Jackson
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:46 pm

Can’t remember the last time we played really well against these, the games always seem to end up as draws with them having the best of it.
I guess we’ll find out a fair bit about the character of Jurgen’s 2.0 side, after what’s happened the past few days any team worth it’s salt would go down there and wipe the floor with them.
I just hope we turn up, this time last year we put in a half @rsed  insipid performance against Fulham which pretty much set the tone for the first half of the campaign (not in a good way)
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:52 pm

Eagle wrote:Reckon Curtis Jones starts. Only reason he didn't start our last friendly was because of a minor knock. Think Szoboszlai might be on the bench. He struggled a little in pre-season. Apart from that I agree with the team Red posted above. Hopefully Thiago makes the bench and maybe Bajcetic too.

Based on their final friendly vs Dortmund and developments since I'd guess Chelsea line up like this.

Sanchez

James              Silva              Colwill              Chilwell

Gallagher              Enzo

Sterling         Chukwuemeka         Mudryk

Jackson

I hope Szob starts Mate although I do get what your saying. It might take a while to get him up to speed with the league but the threat he gives us from set pieces would be worth it. I'd give him 60 to 70 minutes anyway to see how he gets on.

I hope we are focused for this as I reckon it will be a bit feisty after recent events. Am half expecting them to announce both signings just before KO as well.  :laugh:  Really hope we rock up there and stuff them  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:09 pm

Can't wait to Sh*t my pants any time they go on a counter or worse, try a simple long ball over the top. 

Recon we'll win.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:56 am

damjan193 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:09 pm wrote:Can't wait to Sh*t my pants any time they go on a counter or worse, try a simple long ball over the top. 

Recon we'll win.

In pre-season we've looked a real force going forward and vulnerable at the back so you'd think this would be a high scoring match. So another boring 0-0 with Chelsea today!
Eagle

Postby Reg » Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:51 am

It's very quickly developed into a grudge match this because of Caicedo so I hope we batter them.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:59 pm

Great to get the season underway.  But I fear for our fragile defence...

I'm going for a nervy 2-3 win for the red men.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby electrum » Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:24 pm

RUMOURED LINE UP OVER ON RAWK

Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Konate, Van Dijk, Robertson, Mac Allister, Szoboszlai, Gakpo, Diaz, Salah, Jota

:buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock  Attack, Attack Attack (If true   :p )
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby electrum » Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:30 pm

Confirmed on the offal !

Liverpool team news
Team to play Chelsea: Alisson, Robertson, Van Dijk, Konate, Alexander-Arnold, Mac Allister, Szoboszlai, Gakpo, Jota, Salah, Diaz

Subs: Kelleher, Gomez, Nunez, Jones, Elliott, Tsimikas, Matip, Doak, McConnell
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:18 pm

Nice to see a positive line up for a big away game, let’s turn these ****’s over in their own backyard
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:23 pm

That's the best line up we could have gone for imo and it does look very attack minded but I think we will apply a patient approach. We know and fear the ball over the top so I think it will be 11 behind the ball when not in possession. We won't risk losing the ball when we have so many committed to attack.

C'mon the pool  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:30 pm

Where is Thiago?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:40 pm

I see they have no sponsor on their jerseys  :eyebrow How much do they need to comply with FFP  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games