Chelsea vs LIVERPOOL 16/09 8pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:10 pm

Great result. Thought the defence put in a great shift. The Chavs came at us in the second half (to be expected) but thought we did well.

Not sure Lucas has much to offer though. Thought he was a bit of a liability.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:27 pm

Great performance. Even when they sxored, I thought we were pretty comfortable overall. Thats 7 points from Arsenal, spurs and Chelsea away from home, which is an excellent return. Only that blip at Burnley  ut alart from that we are coming along nicely.

See real potential in the Matip and Lovren partnership
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:39 pm

7_Kewell » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:10 pm wrote:Great result. Thought the defence put in a great shift. The Chavs came at us in the second half (to be expected) but thought we did well.

Not sure Lucas has much to offer though. Thought he was a bit of a liability.

I agree very satisfied with our defensive performance.

When they scored i got worried but we held on really well.

Hendo and Wijnaldum played very well.

Overall superb result.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:41 pm

Fantastic result  :buttrock
I will be honest and admit its 2 points more than I hoped for given the opposition but in the end we were value for the 3 points. We worked hard and got our reward  :buttrock

A great start to the weekend  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:28 pm

After a terrific first half I felt we dipped a bit too much after the break but deserved to win.

Ultimately finding a balance between incredible hard rock football and touching the brakes will be crucial for us this season, and this game highlighted that.

Its a fantastic result but beating Hull would be better in its own way, eradicating the Burnley reverse which was so typical of Liverpools failings over more than
two decades. We must bury that ghost of inconsistency.

Despite two excellent goals I would single out our defence, thats a game we usually draw or lose without some excellent work against Costa and Hazard, both
fabulous players.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:48 pm

That was not a smash and grab, we went down there to play that mob in their own backyard and gave them a footballing lesson for the majority of that game.
I thought Hendo and Wijnaldum were terrific and I know it's early days yet but maybe, just maybe, we might have finally found ourselves a decent centre back pairing.
Jurgen really has done a wonderful job with this group of players, we are not just winning we are winning in style.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby laza » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:41 am

Yes you Redmen

Friday night footy rocks
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:52 am

Lol i quite like this friday footy aswel. Nice evening game of footy.

We must keep this going now. Hull will be a big one and if we win it will show we mean business.
Early days i know but imagine another title run in with City.

As far as top four is concerned were on the right track.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:08 am

Fantastic, absolutely made up!

Highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mibeQ6hxQI
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:59 am

Fantastic result and a great way to start the weekend!

Our frontline continues to impress, but more importantly our defence held away to those blue scum.

The only thing that can now disrupt this season is injuries and a psychological meltdown.

:buttrock  :buttrock
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby ethanr » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:23 am

Our back 4 is set-Milner fantastic again, and for me Mignolet is doing enough to keep his starting spot. Wjnaldum had his best game for us, tho still doesn't look fit enough to complete a match. Hendo is fighting for his spot and proving he should keep it, Lallana is showing his value, and as a team we seem to really understand how to play our style.

10 points in 5 from the fixtures we've had is fantastic. We've had 7 different players score for us this season, and not one goal has come from a striker. The fact that we can go away to a red hot Chelsea and deservedly win, and have the likes of Can, Firmino and Grujic on the bench is a really good problem to have.

What's all this bitching about us buying Southampton players? Mane, Lovren and Clyne are nailed-on starters, and Lallana is gonna start most games as well. Turning into very good purchases for us.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby fivecups » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:11 am

And an absolute worldy form Hendo to boot! It really was the most perfect strike.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:49 am

Got to sat when we are on our game plan we are the best team in the league. Klopp is indeed the best manager in the country. Stability continuety and tweaking some positions will secure 1-4 for sure
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:17 am

Very impressive display that. We were "brilliant" in the first half, and on that point it's interesting to note the mentality of both managers in re. to their teams' set-up. Klopp carried on with 'get out the traps, attack and dictate', while his counter-part at home sat back typical of the Italian-conservative mindset. In the first half Chelsea looked nothing more than an expensive Burnley side and Conte's tactics never drew the sting out of our play.

15 mins had passed and I thought we still looked comfortable even though Chelsea tried to take the initiative, we were never really bothered up until their goal. Then I thought, 'ere we go, we could capitulate here' but credit to the lads who kept the heads and showed the character to weather the surge of an inevitable Chelsea storm, which lasted for all of 10 minutes, and then our boys got their foot back on the ball, realising they could still dictate the rent boys on their own patch.

Credit to Henderson, who had an excellent match all round, capped off with a wonderful goal, although he perhaps didn't track Matic as well as he should for their goal.

I must admit, I've been miffted at how a trio of Gini, Henderson and Lallana would work in midfield and thought that a lack of steel and specialty (Hendo deeper, Lallana CM), would get too easily overrun; as to me it looks unbalanced. But they stood up again, and at one of the hardest places to go in the league it certainly looks as though Klopp knows more about this football stuff than I do. lol.

Matip (who looks a class act), and Lovren I thought were superb and both had Costa in their pocket for the most part, and Clyne had a good game too, along with Milner.

Hello Reg matey, just got your PM - hope ya travelling well.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:53 am

If you want a good laugh read the pre-match comments on the Chelsea forums then skip straight to the last page...

Overconfident and arrogant to disbelief and their world coming crashing down followed by in fighting...   :laugh:

Amazing win, I'm buzzing after that one, I want more!!!  :buttrock
killerp

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games