chelsea fc v liverpool fc

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:20 pm

parchpea » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:13 pm wrote:and I am still not sure what the point of Sahin is.

Sahin has been struggling as of late. Him and Shelvey seem to have gone off the boil.
Boxscarf

Postby alwayslfc » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:21 pm

We were the underdogs and it was 2 pts dropped for Chelsea and a point earned for us. Can't wait till next window to see who we will get, esp. strikers
alwayslfc

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:25 pm

Happy with the result in hindsight.  Just think we are looking really dire going forward.  Allen seems to be slipping as the games go by.  IMO Stevie really needs to be one of a front three.  He put us under it today a couple of times because he doesn't have the discipline to play in our midfield 3.  He has an attacking midset and always will have.  Our midfielders really need to take care of the ball much better than they have been doing.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:31 pm

sahin and allen were both poor but neither of them are playing in their best roles imo. allen looks like he's played too many games already for me.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Boocity » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:35 pm

I reckon Sahin still hasn't got to grips with the PL
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:49 pm

Boocity » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:35 pm wrote:I reckon Sahin still hasn't got to grips with the PL

which is fair enough. unfortunately in modern day football fans don't give players time to settle. they have to hit the ground running.

everyone was saying giroud at arsenal wasn't suited to the premier league a few weeks back. now look at him.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:53 pm

dundreamin » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:12 pm wrote:Will get battered tomorrow 0-5

you must be devastated
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Boocity » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:54 pm

True but Sahin played very little football last season and its always easier when you come into a strong team just like Hazzard at Chelsea, not easy for Sahin, new league, lack of games over the past year and team in transition, I will give the benefit of the doubt at the moment and hpefully he will pick it up over the next couple of months
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:56 pm

stmichael » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:31 am wrote:sahin and allen were both poor but neither of them are playing in their best roles imo. allen looks like he's played too many games already for me.

Was just thinking the same thing.  He looks a bit tired, and he's looked like he's lost some confidence over the last couple games.  It will be good having Lucas back so we can rotate some of our central players out a bit more.

Overall happy with the performance.  We saw a significant amount of possession more than them, but they were able to do a lot more productive things with the ball (How could you not with Hazard and Mata in the same team?).  Obviously we were hurting in the final third, as usual.  BUt lets be honest, there will be games like this where we aren't the better team, it will happen regardless of what side we put out, and we still earned a point.  I don't feel we did enough to win, but I don't feel with did enough to lose ether.

Oh, and Torres was absolute Sh*t again.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Boocity » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:56 pm

stmichael » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:53 pm wrote:
dundreamin » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:12 pm wrote:Will get battered tomorrow 0-5

you must be devastated

Now you know why he doesn't do last man standing
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:57 pm

stmichael » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:49 am wrote:
Boocity » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:35 pm wrote:I reckon Sahin still hasn't got to grips with the PL

which is fair enough. unfortunately in modern day football fans don't give players time to settle. they have to hit the ground running.

everyone was saying giroud at arsenal wasn't suited to the premier league a few weeks back. now look at him.

I think Giroud had one good game.  I honestly think he won't work out for Arsenal, he'll be another Arshavin or Chamakh.  I feel the same about Podolski as well.  Could be extremely wrong, but I just don't see it.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby damjan193 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:20 pm

I think BR got it wrong today. It was a stupid tactic and no one knew what their actual role was, especially the wing backs, they were terrible. Allen was very poor today and has been for the past few games and Agger made a bad mistake for the goal. We're lucky to have someone like Suarez though and Carra had a great game as well. All in all, happy with the draw and glad that we finally got a point that we didn't deserve, unlike previous games when it was the other way around.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:23 pm

damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby redno7 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:24 pm

clueless
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:36 pm

Excellent point for us and although the performance and play wasn't pretty the team showed some grit and determination in the second half that will hopefully help them gain confidence and build up some character.

Having a go at BR and his tactics seems to be coming a bit of a past time for some on here but today just like in the derby he showed that he's not afraid to change things around when his plans aren't working out and it benefited us well today. Moving Sterling out on to the wing really stretched the Chavs defence and Suarez started having a field day.  My only gripe with the execution of the passing philosophy is that all too often there is little pace from us and a lack of movement as we try to get forward. Hopefully with striking re-enforcements in January we'll be able to step that up a gear or three.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games