Leeds v LIVERPOOL Mon 17th April 8.00pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:07 pm

Reg » Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:18 am wrote:
redshade » Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:31 am wrote:FSG will be ecstatic about that, anyhow yup Trent is more suited for that role. I'm hoping we will see this flourish for the remainder of the season. With Trent doong well in this role and Diaz back we should end the season strongly.
Let's win all our games and see how the rest unfold.

Why does it take Klopp 12 months to make a an obvious decision?

12 months? This time last year we were going for the quadruple. 12 months is a bit of a stretch Reg. Please enlighten us mate, who do you think could do a better job than Jurgen?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:18 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:07 pm wrote:
redshade » Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:31 am wrote:FSG will be ecstatic about that, anyhow yup Trent is more suited for that role. I'm hoping we will see this flourish for the remainder of the season. With Trent doong well in this role and Diaz back we should end the season strongly.

12 months? This time last year we were going for the quadruple. 12 months is a bit of a stretch Reg. Please enlighten us mate, who do you think could do a better job than Jurgen?

Think Reg is a fan of this guy.

Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:50 pm

Sorry mate that image doesn’t work for me,  I’d love to know though who he thinks would do a better job
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:21 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:07 pm wrote:

What I'm saying is the decision to move TAA into midfield should have been taken 12 months ago. Klopp should have reacted quicker. I don't kiss his ***** 24/7, I see a lot of questionable decisions.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:07 pm

Nobody is beyond criticism but Klopp is one of the best managers in the world and very likely the only one who could have brought us to where we are with the limited recources he's had. It's like blaming the hardest working horse for being unable to carry a wheeless wagon and damaging it along the road. Sure, maybe the horse could have avoided a rock or two to minimize the damage, but the wagon should have had wheels and not worry so much about the damn rocks in the first place! :D
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:26 pm

Reg » Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:21 am wrote:
What I'm saying is the decision to move TAA into midfield should have been taken 12 months ago. Klopp should have reacted quicker. I don't kiss his ***** 24/7, I see a lot of questionable decisions.

Our recent resurgence isn’t just down to moving Trent into MF, Jota has played an important role the last 2 games but he’s been injured and then was garbage for ages as he struggled to find his old form. Konate and Jones have played starring roles too and they have had injury issues as well. Gakpo has been impressive but he’s needed time to settle in and so on and so forth. It’s way too simplistic to say if we’d moved Trent into MF back in September or October that we’d be challenging now.
You still haven’t said who can do a better job as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:10 pm

In the last 10 league games the only really bad result we've had is that loss against Bournemouth that came just before that international break. Feel that's clouding people's feelings a little. If we'd won that everyone would be saying we're on the way back.

W vs Leeds
D vs Arsenal
D vs Chelsea
L vs Man City
L vs Bournemouth

W vs Man Utd
W vs Wolves

D vs Palace
W vs Newcastle
W vs Everton
Eagle

Postby Reg » Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:57 pm

damjan193 » Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:07 pm wrote:Nobody is beyond criticism but Klopp is one of the best managers in the world and very likely the only one who could have brought us to where we are with the limited recources he's had. It's like blaming the hardest working horse for being unable to carry a wheeless wagon and damaging it along the road. Sure, maybe the horse could have avoided a rock or two to minimize the damage, but the wagon should have had wheels and not worry so much about the damn rocks in the first place! :D

What limited resources? Clearly there aren't limited resources as can be seen in the investment around the ground and new training ground. The club has been cautious and decided to renew contracts including deadwood player contracts - true?  I have supported the owners unwillingness to throw money around but it doesn't absolve them from making bad decisions together with the manager - not selling deadwood and not bringing in quality. We sold Keegan, we bought Kenny etc.. You guys seem to accept poor vision and pisspoor succession planning.

I haven't called for Klopps head so I don't see why I should suggest a successor so you can jeer at whatever choice I make.
However I would love to have a one on one with Klopp andf John Henry and them wtbh they thought they were doing in since we won the CL final in Madrid.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games