Brighton vs Liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby electrum » Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:29 pm

Abject, dismal, pathetic- take your pick to describe that ...well I can hardly call it a performance.

FSG are long past their sell by date - pun intended. The faster they sell 100% of the club the better-.

We are facing another long spell in midtable with these clowns at the helm.

They have balanced the books - bravo. Result- we will finish in 6-8th place this season at best.
They came in under the false illusion that FFP would give them a level playing field and have been well and truly caught out
by the harsh realities of competing with the Abu Dhabis of the world.

Time to go...take the following with you (SELL or let go)

AOC - crock
Henderson - past it
Milner - see Hendeson x2
Keita- crock
Firmino- should have been sold a year ago
Gomez- Accident waiting to happen
Jones- Mid table level - (oops!)
Thiago- flatters to deceive..and fit every second month
Carvalho (not fit for purpose)

KEEP

Allison (first name on the team sheet IMO at the moment)

TAA
VVD
Konate
Robertson
Matip

Salah
Nunez
Diaz
Jota
Gakpo

BUY

Bellingham ( we can dream)
Caicedo
Sofyan Amrabat

We will never be a force if FSG stay here... they have the best manager in the world (Pep would never have won the league or CL with the personnel that Klopp had) and they sit on their thumbs while the also rans have all overtaken us.

If they stay forget CL as it becomes a vicious cycle - no CL - no top players want to join (except mercenary types looking for a last payday)

Failure to land top players - no CL

Rinse and repeat.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Reg » Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:41 pm

Someone call Rafa, quick.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:31 pm

Aside from the “owner are greedy and need to go” argument, I can’t understand why the players on the field were not running. I didn’t see the stats but I’d bet that is one of the worst matches for km run that we ever had under Klopp, I don’t buy the “ran the players into the ground” argument. As soon as the kids came on the match turned and we looked threatening all of a sudden only to conceded the third but had they played like that from the beginning we might not have been down 2-0.

This team is not happy and playing for each other, we look like ManUre last year. I have a bad feeling for Klopp as the last time we slumped the signs were there for a turnaround, this time it seems worse. I cannot believe how a team that was so great could turn so bad so quickly. Something sinister is happening behind the scenes because what is happening doesn’t seem natural. People leaving all of a sudden, the team hitting a brick wall in terms of performance, Klopp losing his cool in press conference on the issue of transfers and more importantly the apparent lack of effort the players are showing, the intensity is all wrong. I’m worried that the position with Klopp will become untenable and he won’t finish the contract. I feel bad for Gakpo and if I was Bellingham I’d think twice as without serious investment this is not a team on the up and if we don’t make CL, it will take years to get back. That said, I think we can beat Newcastle to CL if we can just get our mojo back, will that happen though?
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:48 pm

Depressing to say the lease we look like a team that is lost, no leadership or commitment. I agree with kazza something is going on behind the scenes, things just don't seem right.
I will trust and support Klopp, I'm confident he can turns things around, but it depends if the players have the same mentality. This is out first proper downfall under Klopp, I won't count the season where we had no defence.
All it would have taken was movement in the summer and we would have been up there competing with City, Arsenal and now United.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:05 pm

That was just abysmal watching, absolute dreadful stuff from from 1st minute to the last. I thought they might have got a rocket up the backside at half time but clearly not.  Outfought for every ball all over the pitch.

Defensively we were all over the place at times and struggled to contain their runners coming through midfield. The sight of Thiago, Hendo and Fabinho huffing and puffing in behind them was sad.  We are struggling up front as well. 1 shot on target and even that was pathetic. No guile or drive to make something happen for themselves.

We just look so lost ATM and Klopp looks lost as to how to dig us out of it. That side imo has truly run its course and needs major investment now. Not a hope are we getting past Madrid in this form. The gap on top 4 is also widening so we have more to lose by not acting now.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:54 pm

With the likes of Diaz, Nunez, Trent, Allison, Konate etc I’m convinced we have the core of a second great Klopp team but we will need to replicate what we did back in 2018 (when we signed Virgil and Allison) and bring in 2 or 3 top quality players to address the glaring weaknesses in our line up.
Back in 2018 we desperately needed a keeper and CB and fair dues to the club they recognised that fact and brought in the exact 2 players we needed. This time around everyone and their horse can see we need a new midfield, well, everyone apart from our owners that is.
Are we going to go back to the days when we slowly watched all our best players leave the club one by one in drip drip drip fashion for teams actually trying to win things (Torres, Mascherano etc etc) or are we going to try to remain relevant and actually do something other than sit on our hands and count our money?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:16 pm

We have Alisson, Robbo, konate, trent, nunez, Jota, gakpo, Diaz..  the rest need upgrading at this stage including VVD.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:32 pm

Tell you one thing guys if we lose Klopp we're heading back to mediocrity.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:40 am

Any talk of getting rid of klopp is just silly. He doesn't control the purse strings at the club and isn't responsible for the mess we are in.

They need to reinforce that midfield before the window shuts in order to give us a good shot at top 4.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:40 am

How could it be that every single player except Allison is playing average football since the the Charity shield?
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tommy Smith » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:21 pm

:suspect:
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby Boocity » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:38 pm

Something is wrong behind the scene, why we lost Edwards and Ward leaving.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:22 pm

SUN 15 JAN 2023   THE FA WOMEN'S SUPER LEAGUE
Manchester United Women 6, Liverpool Women 0.

When it rains, it pours.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:16 am

Liverpool Women is also starved of investment
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games