Brighton Vs Liverpool 20:15 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby damjan193 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:30 pm

There's still a chance if we win our remaining games. Or draw one and share the record with City.

Also, we did break the record for winning the title in fewest games played.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:53 pm

We should have beaten Burnley, Pope had an amazing game.

Going to be tough to win all of our remaining matches. Arsenal A and Chelsea H.

Record would have been nice, oh well at least we got No.19.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:26 pm

We were a bit unlucky with the free kick that led to their goal, neither Sadio or Mo was off. Some go for you and some go against you I suppose,
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:12 am

Forum appears to be in lockdown !!

Not even a match day thread for Burnley. That must be a first.

This period was always going to be tricky and Burnley were no exception. Pope was amazing and just what we need as an understudy to Ali. Mo was unlucky and had one of those days. I love Bobby but his misses at Anfield are very worrying. 100 points would be great but in reality most people will only remember that we won the league rather than a collection of relatively meaningless records. The CL final against Spurs was a classic example - awful game that won’t be remembered but Liverpool winning 6 CL’s will be. I’m a lot more interested in the club making sure that we are in the best possible shape to challenge for number 20 !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:43 am

Its criminal Dev, we win the league, CL and world club cup in the space of 12 months and no one posts, we have no new members... WTF?

Seems that forums are out of fashion.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:14 am

Other forums like LFC Reds are thriving , this one im afraid has been on its last legs for a while now
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:13 am

Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:14 am wrote:Other forums like LFC Reds are thriving , this one im afraid has been on its last legs for a while now

I quite like the low number of posters but they are now becoming very worrying. We have a reasonable bunch on here but we need more activity.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:30 am

devaney » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:13 am wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:14 am wrote:Other forums like LFC Reds are thriving , this one im afraid has been on its last legs for a while now

I quite like the low number of posters but they are now becoming very worrying. We have a reasonable bunch on here but we need more activity.

I think once a forum gets like this is wont be long before it just stops.

It used to be thriving - a lot of those posters are on places like Rawk and LFC Reds which is still thriving. A lot of things happened on here that just killed the forum
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:11 am

That was 10 years ago mate, its a lack of new members that's killing the place. Its probably due to the New Kit name... I mean if you want to sell yer house you don't advertise it as Ford Fiesta do you?! I don't follow any other forum and the day this place folds I'll walk away.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:41 am

There is plenty of new users registering and active on the forum but for some reason they don't participate. Every day there is at least 15 or more logged in but I have never seen a post from any of them.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:21 pm

So what is the history? Why did loyal old members leave and join other forums?

I like this forum, the set up is fine but like few here have stated it is very quite. We won no.19 and hardly anyone posted.

Maybe due to lack of participation is the reason why we have inactive mods.

Forums can be run well even without talking about football via off topic section. However, over here there is hardly any input on anything really.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:14 pm

17 years in the forum.

Seen the highs and now the lows.

If any of you fella's fancy being a moderator let me know. I don't think I have any more to add.

Except ! to all you die hards that have stayed with the forum through thick and thin.

I salute you !

YNWA.

P.S gotta agree with Reg, the Forum name was never a "Marquee Attraction"

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:19 pm

redshade wrote:So what is the history? Why did loyal old members leave and join other forums?

I like this forum, the set up is fine but like few here have stated it is very quite. We won no.19 and hardly anyone posted.

Forums can be run well even without talking about football via off topic section. However, over here there is hardly any input on anything really.

I like the setup here as well.

Some left over the years with a few probably on other forums but not all. Life just catches up with some as well and they just don't have time anymore.

There is always the few who leave disgruntled and the reason for that could be anything from Rafa, H&G , Hodgson, FSG or Kenny. It was after Kenny that I noticed a big drop in posters before Brenny killed them off. Thought Jurgen would have brought them back but as you said NO 19 and barely a post.

The lads are right about the name as well when it comes to attracting new members. I actually stumbled on here about a year before I joined when I was searching for a link for a match.  :laugh:  I found one here so kept lurking after that till i signed up.

I have faith the glory days will come back!!
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:41 pm

I don't remember how I stumbled upon here, but I've never visited any other Liverpool forums, hell I don't think I even know any other LFC forums lol. I've heard that there are more active forums out there but I've always believed in having a sense of loyalty towards anything you've committed to, so I plan on sticking with newkit as long as it functions.

The forum is in a bad state though, activity wise, no question about that. I can understand why some members aren't posting anymore but some disappeared without a trace, seemingly without any reason. I hope they're OK at least.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:40 am

redshade » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:21 pm wrote:So what is the history? Why did loyal old members leave and join other forums?

After 2005 etc the forum was very busy - lots of posters and lots of debate , heated and non heated etc

From just after the year we sold Alonso etc  there started a divide - Pro and Anti Rafa and things got very heated and spiteful

Then Rafa went and was replaced by the Hodgson and it just went mental - the Pro Rafa clearly didn’t rate Woy where as the anti loved him ( because he wasn’t Rafa ) - until he got sacked and then Kenny came in , it got worse , lots of issues especially when he got sacked and then Rodgers arrived - by that time lots of posters had either been banned or left and then started the downward spiral
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games