Youth development.... - reserve/youth team discussion

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Rush Job » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:28 am

s@int wrote:Rumour going round that Rafa and Ablett have had a bust up, and that Ablett may not be around much longer. Probably on his way to Blackburn to join the rest of our youth coaches :D

Where did you hear that s@int?

I do think Rafa is the type of manager who would ask alot from others, above and below in the chain of command.
But i dont necessarily think thats a bad thing. :)
Last edited by Rush Job on Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:35 am

Rush Job wrote:
s@int wrote:Rumour going round that Rafa and Ablett have had a bust up, and that Ablett may not be around much longer. Probably on his way to Blackburn to join the rest of our youth coaches :D

I do think Rafa is the type of manager who would ask alot from others, above and below in the chain of command.

TLW mate.  They are pretty good on there when it comes to youth and reserve team football. It was on there I heard about the Heighway bust up and getting the push about 6 months before he went.

They have a lot of posters who arn't exactly Rafa lovers .... so be warned if you go on........ think peewee on a bad day and you will be ok  :D
Last edited by account deleted by request on Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:58 am

Apparently now turning into a sh!tstorm over on RAWK as well mate, something about Nathan Eccleston being blocked(?) from playing for the reserves or something. 
                               ---------------------------
If you check out ynwa and TLW, there seems to be problems all over the place. Problems between the Academy and Melwood. Problems between Melwood and Rafa. Parry and Rafa's games continuing, etc., etc., etc.. From what I understand, the problem seems to be that the likes of Hamberg and Ablett weren't hired by Rafa. Remember the whole mess with Heighway leaving, and Rafa wanting a greater say? Well Rafa didn't get to appoint Heighway's replacement, supposedly Parry did.

In retrospect I can't understand the firing of Heighway for the reasons given. Rafa said it was because Steve wasn't "ruthless" and was unable to cut the youngsters that weren't up to the level quick enough. He also stated that he wanted to take a greater role in the Academy. Looking back, they're both completely :censored: reasons. The youth and reserve squads are huge (I don't oppose this, but when it's a reason for Steve being pushed into retirement it's somewhat ironic) and Rafa has had no real say in the academy or Melwood with Hamberg and Ablett on board. Rafa is bringing in a few of "his" youngsters, and then the Academy are bringing in theirs too. Supposedly.

Rafa's personality doesn't seem to mesh with everyone. We've had quite a few behind-the-scene problems since his arrival. Rafa and Heighway. Rafa and Paco. Rafa and Parry/Hicks/Gillett. Now I'm not trying to blame Rafa, there could be very good reasons for each of these problems, but what I'm trying to do is point out that we've not been short of backroom politics over the last 2 years and it could very well be in play here.

I couldn't care less about Eccleston and the numbers we have in the Academy & at Melwood. That's not my concern. My concern is the system, and the noises coming from people ITK about games and politics. We haven't seen an academy lad make the first team since Warnock (who is somewhat dubious, only played 67 first team games) in 2004. Before that it was Gerrard in '98 from memory (could well be wrong). I'm not saying we need to give youngsters chances if they're not warranted, we just need to start producing. It's been two managers now, and no academy successes outside of Warnock.

from Rawk

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:02 am

s@int wrote:
Rush Job wrote:

TLW mate.  They are pretty good on there when it comes to youth and reserve team football. It was on there I heard about the Heighway bust up and getting the push about 6 months before he went.

They have a lot of posters who arn't exactly Rafa lovers .... so be warned if you go on........ think peewee on a bad day and you will be ok  :D

where is this place of which you talk, it sounds like my shangri la

:D
112-1077774096

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:38 am

:laugh: you would need to work on your game before you would make it on there peewee.......... practise mate ......... practise :D

Seems that Ablett recommended that Eccleston be moved up to the reserves. Rafa agreed but after a couple of days told him that there was too many strikers in the reserves already and he would have to go back. Eccleston supposedly had a strop and was suspended for 3 days and is now going for trials at Blackburn, while Ablett and Rafa are at loggerheads with each other.

Blackburn already have quite a few of our old youth coaches from last season so maybe thats why they are interested in him (?)
Last edited by account deleted by request on Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:48 am

16 year old Medi Abalimba is trialing with Liverpool . According to someone on RAWK he was playing with him five years ago...... when they were both 16   LINK
Last edited by account deleted by request on Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Zidane » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:04 am

So he's 21 now?  Wonder if it is the same guy.
Zidane

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:07 am

Zidane wrote:So he's 21 now?  Wonder if it is the same guy.

He says he has seen the pics and its definately the same player. :D

Postby Zidane » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:13 am

s@int wrote:
Zidane wrote:So he's 21 now?  Wonder if it is the same guy.

He says he has seen the pics and its definately the same player. :D

He doesn't look 21(22 if his birthday is in fact next week) yet he doesn't look 16. ???
Zidane

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:38 am

16 OR 21 Medi Abalimba has been offered an extended trial LINK

Postby Effes » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:43 am

He could be Yakubu's cousin, and get their passports from the same people :;):
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:22 am

reserve team highlights vs man city:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GycB-1Wd0b4
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:39 pm

Any updated news on the bust up yet?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:39 pm

metalhead wrote:Any updated news on the bust up yet?

I think it was a case of a lot more smoke than fire
JoeTerp

Postby RedBlood » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:47 am

Brunas getting better cant wait 4 him & Pachecho 2 start gettin games 4 the 1st team
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion