Youth development.... - reserve/youth team discussion

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedEire » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:56 pm

Saw the second half on LFC TV and wall very impressed with Vincent Weijl - looked very pacy and always showed for the ball.  Also liked the look of Kelly - very composed when under pressure yet still looked for to pass the ball rather than belt it our of defense.
RedEire

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:33 am

bunglemark2 wrote:
stmichael wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:WHy the fukc is Jordy Brouwer still at the Club          :angry:   he sucks, and with all this new attacking talent he needs to make way.

Yeah, why is he still here?  :D

I'll tell you what though. The reserves will pi$$ that league again this season. I would gladly pay to watch that week in week out, as it makes a refreshing alternative to the dross being served up by the first team week in week out at the moment. I was very impressed with the way the young lads pass the ball about and move, Weijl was impressive and I also thought Patches and Kelly were good.

Apart from one flap in the second half I also thought the keeper looked very composed and had good hands, those few weeks training with Reina has done him good by the looks of it.

The only real negative was Ayala who was clumsy and was fortunate not to be sent off imo. Anyway, a decent start for the lads.

Highlights:

Brouwer 1-0

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?fjzmjj6opu4

Pacheco Skill
Pacheco Run and Shot Off Post
Spearing Turn
Weijl Turn and Nutmeg
Weijl Dummy and Cross
Weijl Stepover and Cross, Pacheco Turn then some nice Quick Short Passing

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?xt0zjfflhxm

Mate, trying to play that in Windows Media Player but I'm getting a black screen. Didn't download it, rather I opened it.
Any ideas ?

just download it you idol git. it only takes a few seconds. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:06 pm

cheers for the links stmike :)
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:40 pm

I watched first half and sky plussed second as i had an early start today.
Thought the passing and movement was great, really pleasing on the eye.
Pacheco gets better every time i watch him, and i am certain that he will step up and make a top player within a couple of years at the latest.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:02 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:Pacheco gets better every time i watch him, and i am certain that he will step up and make a top player within a couple of years at the latest.

He's a very skillful player without doubt. Not sure if he's a striker though as his finishing is erratic. I see him playing in the hole a bit like Benayoun or Luis Garcia.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:09 pm

His finishing hasnt been very good when i have seen him, there was a few chances he had pre-season that he wasted.
And the one in the first half when he hit the post - he probably should of scored. I think its more of a case of when one goes in he will relax a bit.
But you are right in the hole behind Torres even now he would excite me. He has the ability to play deft little killer passes that not many others in our squad have.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:00 am

stmichael wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:Plessis is :censored:.

Have to agree with you Stu.

Everytime he got the ball against Sunderland you would have thought it was a hand grenade.

whys Plessis getting slagged off 4 having 1 bad game

i seem 2 remember him playing brilliant on his debut at arsenal

not saying hell make it but hes far from :censored:
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:01 pm

reserves were really poor tonight losing 2-1 to sunderland. the one bright spark was el zhar who looked very good and should definitely start against crewe for me.

here's his goal:

http://www.viddler.com/explore/lfcreds/videos/9/5.37
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:46 am

Sunderland reserves vs Liverpool reserves highlights:

http://www.mediafire.com/?tp50ldl104a
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:40 am

Watching Arsenal the other night got me thinking how our two sides don't really compare. We had a team of lose parts, consisting of players that barely play together, some fringe players, a couple of first teamers and some reserves. How often does Insua play alongside Agger and/or Hyypia? Pennant and Degen have barely played together. It's the same with Plessis and Lucas, Babel and N'Gog. Whereas most of that Arsenal team probably play together on a regular basis at reserve level.

Pacheco should have started along with a few more the other night imo. I bet we would have played better as well because they all would have wanted to impress and also had that little bit more hunger.
Last edited by stmichael on Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby GYBS » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:50 am

yet our ressies team has beaten the arsenal team on a number of occasions ? Wenger just plays them all in one lump as he doesnt have that big a sqaud and doesnt need to play first teamers who arent getting pitch time where as we needed to with players like degen,agger,lucas, ngog etc.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:30 pm

our reserves do not play Arsenal reserves. the ressie league is split into north and south divisions.  We did beat Arsenal last year in the youth cup, but that is somewhat misleading because they did not play everyone that was eligible.
JoeTerp

Postby LFC1982 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:04 am

Was really pleased the other day when I read that Nathan Eccelstone has made the step up to Melwood, seen him a few times on LFC Channel and he looks a good prospect, but then managed to see him in the match up at Inverness and everytime he got the ball he took his man on (sometimes 2 or 3) and looked a real live wire, good touch, skill and pace.

Hep played left wing that night but reckon he would end up as a striker.

Has anyone else seen this kid play?
LFC1982

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:53 pm

he looked a real prospect last year in the U18s and he has never dissapointed in the reserves. Good pace, decent control, seemed to finish well (although its tough to tell how many chances he is squandering when they cut 90 minute games down to 15 minutes).  From what I have seen of him so far in this campaign, he has been disapointing based on the bar he set from last season, but maybe they have realized that he has learned all he can from academy football. I would still expect him to play a bit for the U18s because its going to be very tough to get on the pitch for the reserves.  He would have to be picked ahead of Pacheco, Nemeth (when he is fit), Brouwer (hopefully wont be a problem), Saric (when fit), Flora, Simon, and Dalla Valle (who was also promoted this week and probably has an even bigger upside)

If I was made to pick who would be the best of the bunch in 6 years time, my money would be on Dalle Valle.

Eccleston can do a job on the wings if asked, but we are pretty stacked there in the reserves too with Gary Mackay-Steven, Weijl, Bruna, El Zhar, Flynn sometimes playing out there, and I have heard that Kacaniklic who has looked very very good in the little bit I have seen of him in U18 action might get a chance with the reserves too. (don't worry the U18s would still have some talent down the left side EVEN IF he moved up as well ! )
JoeTerp

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:35 am

Rumour going round that Rafa and Ablett have had a bust up, and that Ablett may not be around much longer. Probably on his way to Blackburn to join the rest of our youth coaches :D
account deleted by request

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion