19%
  36. Jon Otsemobor and 37. Zak Whitbread
12%

Total votes : 26

Postby Red » Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:26 am

24. Florent Sinama-      Pongolle
20. Anthony Le Tallec
22. Chris Kirkland

I took out, due to they are already on the bench and deserve more on pitch time. The reason I stacked the last two is the poll only allows a choice of ten.
Football is a simple game, all you have to do is pass the ball to a player in a red shirt.
Red
LFC Elite Member

Postby Owzat » Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:41 am

I quite liked the look of Vignal when he was at left-back before but then anyone looks better in that role than Traore. Partridge is unlikely to get a chance while £10m man Diouf is available which is a real shame. With Baros and Carragher out and one or two other shorter-term absentees I think those roles should be filled, no sense in weakening the team even further
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:23 pm

can anyone explain to me why partridge hasnt been given a go in the first team?
yeah I know he isnt french.
any other reason I should know about?
the bloke is quality and someone at anfield must rate him or he would be gone by now.
is houllier afraid he might prove himself somewhere else?
play him or let him go.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:19 pm

I can only conclude that Kermit prefers Diouf and is on a mission to prove he is worth £10m. Despite claims by Kermit that he would build Liverpool around a base of English players there are still so few coming up through the ranks and getting a go in the side. Aside from our quality 1st team English players we have a few youngsters but they are not getting a look in. Mellor had a brief chance and one or two others but nothing that would give them a real chance of showing what they are capable of
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sun Jan 04, 2004 5:11 pm

(Owzat) I can only conclude that Kermit prefers Diouf and is on a mission to prove he is worth £10m.

Seems to me that this mission also includes one Heskey who was purchase for 11 million and to Kermit, he is also worth that much.
These 2 guys couldn't score if their lives depend on it and Diouf is the worse one, can't even shoot on target, How many times have we seen this "serial killer" baloon clear shots on goal because perhaps he is not composed enough or rather needs to spend more time in shooting practice!
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Jan 04, 2004 5:37 pm

At the end of the day the prospects will only play if they are good enough. Partridge will never and has never been good enough... he was a good first division player but nothing special.

He had no defensive side to his game was tactically inept and physically unfit in terms of stamina. He was also wasteful with his final ball.

Everyone who complains about the prospects who will go on and make a name for themselves... can i just ask... how many times has it happened before?

The only one who i would be concerned with this Happening is Vignal, the rest will play if they are good enough.
115-1073096938

Postby gaz31 » Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:31 pm

WELL I THINK NEIL MELLOR HAS GOT GOOD PROSPECTS FOR THE FUTURE, HE IS QUICK ENOUGH, INTELLIGENT ENOUGH AND HE HAS A GOOD UNDERSTANDING OF THE GAME,
BUT HE IS NOT QUITE READY YET HE IS STILL A LITTLE  OVER AMBITIOUS SOMETIMES  :)
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby H_K_LFC » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:49 pm

Was looking at old threads and found this...

This topic was made over 2 years ago and bar Warnock and Pongolle none of them have made it at Liverpool.Mellor may have a case but he was in the team because of a injury crisis and Kirkland has done ok For West brom but can't see him back playing regularly at Anfield again.Aliou Diarra i think we have missed out on because he looks a class player now.

Where are some of these players now??
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:59 pm

H_K_LFC wrote:Was looking at old threads and found this...

This topic was made over 2 years ago and bar Warnock and Pongolle none of them have made it at Liverpool.Mellor may have a case but he was in the team because of a injury crisis and Kirkland has done ok For West brom but can't see him back playing regularly at Anfield again.Aliou Diarra i think we have missed out on because he looks a class player now.

Where are some of these players now??

Mingling with all the other sh*t.

Houllier has a f*cking lot to answer for.

Most of that tripe should have been sold long ago!

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby H_K_LFC » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:37 pm

Richie Partridge got most votes but i can never a game he has played in or ever been on the bench,the only thing i know about him is that in championship manager 04 he trurns out to be a quality player :p
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:59 pm

ericthered wrote:
H_K_LFC wrote:Richie Partridge got most votes but i can never a game he has played in or ever been on the bench,the only thing i know about him is that in championship manager 04 he trurns out to be a quality player :p

liverpools kids are rubbish

Hence us being in the F.A youth cup final against Man BLUE?
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:04 pm

ericthered wrote:
H_K_LFC wrote:Richie Partridge got most votes but i can never a game he has played in or ever been on the bench,the only thing i know about him is that in championship manager 04 he trurns out to be a quality player :p

ohhhh you sad fuuuuckkerrrrrrr
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:59 am

ericthered wrote:

:no
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matt_is_hot8 » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:31 am

[B]

In a couple of years I would like to see Rafa give these players a few chances to shine which he probably he will do anyway:

Besian Idrizaj
Michael Foley Sheridan
Antonio Barragan
Paul Anderson
Godwin Antwi
Jack Hobbs
Dannie Guthrie
Ramon Calliste
Miki Roque

The reason why I think they should be given a chance is that they have impressed in training for a whole year now and they have shown potential and some even more to play first team in a couple of years. I think Antonio Barragan will get the chance first cause he has already been chosen once for the first team in the Champions League this year. That does not mean the ones I haven't chosen are not good enough or haven't been training hard but those are the ones I have seen play and have been really impressed with. Thanks.
matt_is_hot8

Postby Garymac » Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:55 pm

You missed out the best young player we have got off that list.

Adam Hammill, the kid is fu*king class.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion