Now the early skirmishing is over.... - How do you feel about our prospects?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Madmax » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:59 pm

dawson99 wrote:I honestly don't know why people are saying Utd, they really don't look anything special this season.

Mancs never look speacial anway and yet they still win trophies.  :D

With mancs its really unpredictable even with a poor side they tend to play as a unit. Its how fergie works i guess and you never know with them so thats why i would never write them off.
Surprised then aint equiped anyone from the 80 mill, maybe fergie is waiting for the january window!
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redbeergoggles » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:07 pm

Liverpool 1st, because every season, including the previous one they start without any cohesion ,or apparent understanding ,and it was only through sheer luck, that Liverpool weren't  on the receiving end of a few draws or demoralizing defeats when last season was in its infancy.

All fans know ,Liverpool become indefinably better and a more complete unit as the the season reaches its peak ,and I fully expect Liverpool to fulfil the dreams of their expectant fans and secure that title .

I think the introduction of Aquillani into the equation ,and the return of the graceful and commanding Agger will be the catalyst for Liverpool's re-invention as a indomitable force once again ,and I fully expect  Pacheco to be integrated successfully in some degree .

Man United 2nd, because even though the loss of Ronaldo and Tevez will have a marked effect on Uniteds attacking prowess ,I  still feel they have a solid defence and players willing to run till they drop ,plus expect Nani and Valencia to produce enough quality to provide  more than adequate service to Rooney and co .

Chelsea 3rd, Ballack cant possibly keep his current form going ,which has been the most impressive constant in this Chelsea side ,I also think the side is playing with freedom at the moment, and a fluidity that Scolari attempted to introduce but wasnt afforded the time to sculpt properly ,but as soon as Ancellotti feels the need to tamper with these winning tactics then we could see a shift in their progress ,and as stated in earlier threads the African Cup is going to leave the squad threadbare in the extreme .

Arsenal 4th ,I think the eventual return of Rosicky from injury ,and if Fabregas continues with the sparkling form he was in before his injury then Arsenal can flourish ,but their naivety and pillow soft midfield will eventually prove their inevitable downfall ,Denilson and Diaby may be technically gifted, but as combative midfielders they are often found wanting ??? Arsenal have needed a midfielder, who will provide that touch of steel for many seasons since Viera left ,the simple fact this hasn't been addressed is baffling
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby DAV » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:04 pm

simple - when fit our first eleven could win the league
with injurys we don't have the depth other teams have
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:14 pm

Robbo Robsons BBC blog:

"4. Liverpool have their best chance in a long time of lifting the Premier League.

FALSE. They don't. They can't rely on friendly sending-offs and late pushes to nick wins this season. If Wenger was restrained then Sean Davis was positively angelic in not grabbing the hollow talent vacuum that is Lucas Leiva by his throat and shaking him like a rag-doll after his prolonged conversation with Alan Wiley. And if I was Steven Gerrard I'd be wondering where Benitez finds the gall to suggest I need to up me game to get the team winning again. If it wasn't for Gerrard, Benitez would've been out of a job long ago. It's like an Archbishop blaming Jesus for the state of Christianity.

Still the point is - and it has been this for at least two seasons - no Stevie and no Nando makes 'Pool a dull boy. And Rafa's not bought a damn thing that's going to make any difference. Johnson's done ok but a decent full-back won't win you the title. "

:laugh:
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion