"the young ones" - What next for them?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Thu May 07, 2009 3:31 pm

How do you see the future for the following players? Will it be at Liverpool? Will they be a key player, regular starter, regular sub, regularly not seen or even loaned out? Are those who've been loaned out this season any more or less likely to be kept/sold than their young peers?

EL ZHAR : Age 22 (DOB 27/08/1986)
08/09 : 14 Premiership appearances, 0 goals

LETO : Age 22 (DOB 30/08/1986)
08/09 : loaned to Olympiakos (work permit issues)

BABEL : Age 22 (DOB 19/12/1986)
08/09 : 25 Premiership appearances, 2 goals

LUCAS : Age 22 (DOB 09/01/1987)
08/09 : 23 Premiership appearances, 1 goal

HAMMILL : Age 21 (DOB 25/01/1988)
08/09 : loaned to Barnsley

PLESSIS : Age 21 (DOB 05/03/1988)
08/09 : 1 Premiership appearance, 0 goals

ANDERSON : Age 20 (DOB 23/07/1988)
08/09 : loaned to Notts Forest

HOBBS : Age 20 (DOB 18/08/1988)
08/09 : loaned to Leicester, possibly moving permanently

LINDFIELD : Age 20 (DOB 07/09/1988)
08/09 : loaned to Accrington Stanley

DARBY : Age 20 (DOB 06/10/1988)
08/09 : 0 Premiership appearances

SPEARING : Age 20 (DOB 25/11/1988)
08/09 : 0 Premiership appearances, 0 goals

INSUA : Age 20 (DOB 07/01/1989)
08/09 : 8 Premiership appearances, 0 goals

NEMETH : Age 20 (DOB 15/01/1989)
08/09 : loaned to Blackpool

N'GOG : Age 20 (DOB 01/04/1989)
08/09 : 11 Premiership appearances, 2 goals

KELLY : Age 19 (DOB 27/04/1990)
08/09 : loaned to Huddersfield

PACHECO : Age 18 (DOB 05/01/1991)
08/09 : 0 Premiership appearances, 0 goals

You don't have to do an analysis for each player individually, you can group players if you think a few will play the odd Champions League game or make it to the Premiership bench from time to time.

I've ordered them by age, oldest first. If nothing else that will give you an idea of relative ages of some of our younger (fringe) players. Those in red have played for the 1st team this season. Insua is a week older than Nemeth, Insua has made a few appearances for Liverpool this season and Nemeth hasn't. N'Gog is 2.5 months younger than Nemeth. If you throw in Martin (23) then you could probably make a decent XI, but with only 82 Premiership appearances between them of which Babel, Insua, Lucas, El Zhar and N'Gog account for all but one. Some have more time on their side than others.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu May 07, 2009 3:37 pm

Insua is part of the squad now and will surley be rotated in with the 1st team next season. I hope we will see more of Spearing too and maybe Pacheco the year after. The rest should be sold.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simolonge » Thu May 07, 2009 4:27 pm

Hobbs signed permanent for LEicester a month ago statto.
simolonge

Postby JC_81 » Thu May 07, 2009 4:56 pm

It's last chance saloon for Babel and Lucas.  I would say either or both could be sold this summer if a decent offer comes in.  If they stay then it's surely their last season barring a major improvement in form.

Insua has the makings of a good player, but his defending can be naive at times still.  I'd say another season as back-up beckons for him, but he could be a future first team regular.

Of the rest on that list I think Nemeth, Pacheco and Hammill have the most talent, but whether they can do it in the Premiership I haven't a clue, given that they haven't been tested yet.

I haven't written off Plessis either, but he badly needs a loan move.  Too good for the reserves but not good enough for the first team.  He's proven on a couple of appearances though that he can live with the big boys in the Premiership - one outstanding performance against Arsenal last season comes to mind.  I hope a few bad performances at the start of this season hasn't destroyed his confidence, but fear that it has.

I don't think any other player on that list has a future here.
Last edited by JC_81 on Thu May 07, 2009 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Thu May 07, 2009 5:09 pm

Babel , Lucas , Insua , Spearing , El zhar . These are the ones who i think will make it given the proper playing time and experience if not , loan them out for a season  mainly the latter 2 . I think Insua has impressed the most and we will see more of him next season
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu May 07, 2009 9:25 pm

Insua looks like he might make a footballer, there's more to come from Lucas. Babel needs to move both for us and him, I know nothing about the kids who haven't played in the first team, and I'm fairly sure that N'Gog isn't up to it based on what I'vbe seen. Further, I don't think he ever will be either.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu May 07, 2009 10:45 pm

I ve heard Abletts on his way, dont know how much truth in it though seeing as it was Rafa who appointed him, But results an player progress this season is not sitting well with him.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu May 07, 2009 10:46 pm

If Babel has any ambition left in him he will ask for a move away in the summer.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu May 07, 2009 11:04 pm

Sorry I try to keep footie threads out of off topic things but this time I can't help it.

I can stop talking about rotation but I can't help to post that when I see the name of the thread. Rush Job will understand :D

-------------------

But this is a very good thread start by Owzat and a good discussion.

I don't see enough of the younger lads, so I trust the members that watch them.

On the players I've seen in the first team, I don't have great hopes for Lucas, El Zhar, Babel (I don't see this as youngster of the team), or Plessis.

This doesn't imply that I think they're not or they won't be good footballers. This implies that we're a massive club right now, and life is very tough for youngster of massive clubs.

Like Real Madrid, we'll produce or share of Arbeloas, that will end up somewhere else, players that will be premier players even but are not good enough for a team that has the premier and the CL as season targets.

I don't see talent in them to be top of the top, if I have to be honest.

That's not meant to be an excuse for Rafa, I want to make clear: I expect some of the lads will get to the first team or I'll talk of failure in that front

With Insua, though I have great hopes. But young players need experience and making mistakes, that requires time, and there's not time in big clubs. But Insua will at least have the chance to prove himself. I don't think El Zhar will have many more chances next season.
Last edited by Sabre on Thu May 07, 2009 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Thu May 07, 2009 11:17 pm

i think babel, lucas, ngog and insua are very much part of the first team squad and el zahr, nemeth, pachecco, spearing, darby, kelly, san jose, plesis should all be given games in the  smaller cups and sub appearances in the prem and champs league next season to further their developement

the rest can be sold as i dont believe they will ever make the grade

how about this for our milk cup team nesxt season:

calavari

darby
san jose
kelly
insua

spearing
plesis
elzahr
babel

nemeth
pachecco

ngog, lucas, saric and another 2/4 (depending on this rule change) younsters from the reserves on the bench

hopefully they could have a good cup run and the experience would be much more important in the long run then if our first team won the competition
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Thu May 07, 2009 11:31 pm

RedBlood wrote:i think babel, lucas, ngog and insua are very much part of the first team squad and el zahr, nemeth, pachecco, spearing, darby, kelly, san jose, plesis should all be given games in the  smaller cups and sub appearances in the prem and champs league next season to further their developement

the rest can be sold as i dont believe they will ever make the grade

how about this for our milk cup team nesxt season:

calavari

darby
san jose
kelly
insua

spearing
plesis
elzahr
babel

nemeth
pachecco

ngog, lucas, saric and another 2/4 (depending on this rule change) younsters from the reserves on the bench

hopefully they could have a good cup run and the experience would be much more important in the long run then if our first team won the competition

If that was the team in the Carling Cup next season and we drew anybody even half reasonable (any Championship team for example) we'd get murdered.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Thu May 07, 2009 11:37 pm

no chance mate their good players they just need a bit of faith shown in them, if nemeth or ngog played in the championship they could bang 20plus goals in and pachecco has the ability to be world class

put it this way if they were offered out on loan any championship team would want them
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Thu May 07, 2009 11:59 pm

:) No bother mate we agree to differ, that's what the forums all about.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Fri May 08, 2009 12:36 am

thing is mate i was shouting insua´s praises the season before last and its only now hes played a few games people are seeing how good he is

the likes of nemeth, pachecco, san jose, saric, spearing, plesis and darby were performing equally as well in the same reseve team as insua and are of the same age or younger so give them a chance they could delvelop into great players and save us millions
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby SundanceKid » Fri May 08, 2009 1:29 am

That Pacheco is going to be something of the likes of Bojan, don't know how long it'll take but I can see it
"Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red"
SundanceKid

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion