You have 30 million... - ... how do you make us champions?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kopite_1232002 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:14 pm

Be nice but they wudnt sell to us..
kopite_1232002

Postby aCe' » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:21 pm

Dont think theres any truth to the Joe Cole rumours... Chelsea dismissed the rumours and said they wont even consider any bids and i think they actually offered him a new 100K/week contract so i think he'll be staying... his chances of playing there arent as slim as being made out.. between him, Kalou, and Deco to a lesser extent i think he'll always get the nod for a starting spot down the right when fit... as it is they are struggling for quality at wide positions (they even play Anelka there sometimes ffs) so i dont think they'd even consider selling the best winger they have, definitely not to a rival and for little money...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby al_cud » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:24 pm

javi martinez 12 - 15 m
david silva 15 - 20 m
daniel guiza 8 - 10 m
al_cud

Postby red37 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:27 pm

al_cud wrote:javi martinez 12 - 15 m
david silva 15 - 20 m
daniel guiza 8 - 10 m

Bollox. More like 25-35 mill.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:28 pm

kopite_1232002 wrote:i was gonna start a topic on this b4..

Was thinking today in work, what money does rafa have.

say he sold keane for 12 million im sure it was a little bit more theres

+12

Then there is arby gone 3 million

+15 million

Dossena gonna go theres another 4 million

Thats +19 million

Xabi is off say we get 28 million at a min

thats 47 million

We bought glen johnson but most of that money in that deal was money owed to us from peter leaving.

And we have given new contracts to some players...

How much does he have left and that is before we jump into the normal 20 million we have each summer to add to the squad

i dont think you can count dosena going as his deal fell through, and nobody else wants him.

also we dont know what we got from the keane deal. half of it was probably cancelled against what we owed spurs in installments anyway. the other half was prob spent on johnson, but portsmouth only owed us about £7m according to reports, so we paid £11m for him.

nobody really knows, but we cant really say IF dossena goes, or ASSUMING we still got £12m to spend from the keane deal
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopite_1232002 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:33 pm

isn't Silva similar to yossi i havnt seen much of him but every one seems to rant about him
kopite_1232002

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:36 pm

I'd go for Sneijder (£18m) and David Silva (£22m) - if we could get them for those prices, which I'm not sure we could, but thats what I'd aim for.

Distin would be good cover if dossena does go, but i'd go broke, risk it on 2 offensive players
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:39 pm

I'd expect Silva to go for around the same figure as Alonso has, if not a bit more.

Anyway, we'll soon see how much Valencia want for him (and Villa....or both!) after them shower of s.hits play them on Wednesday night   :glare:

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Effes » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:44 pm

Im really hard pressed to think of any midfielders (which would be realistic).
We defo need a midfielder, Lucas is out of his depth.

I would have said Sneijder as he would be like a Ray Houghton type player - but looks like he's going to Inter.

I think Stephen Ireland had a very good season last year, but I don't see City selling him.

The thing is, the top 4 rarely sell player to each other as well.

Arteta was thrown in there by Bad Bob a while ago, and I think it's a very good shout.

No other UK based players stick out for me.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:46 pm

crazyhorse wrote:Interesting Mick, I had never thought of Joe Cole..
Would Chelsea sell him? If so I do agree that he would be a good player for us, and would go as far as to say he is tailor made for us.

Id deffo have him here , an apparently hes only got a year left on his contract, an Harry is sniffing around trying to bring him to Spurs,

Id go for Cole an Silva , thatll do for me , we would be well sorted then, .

But on a  sad note in the back of my mind , well the front really,i just cant see them other two letting Rafa keep all of the Xabi money, its not in there nature, they have to pocket something

Oh i forgot , if the Cole deal fell through :laugh: id have a sneaky side bet on Gokhan Inler , good midfielder
Last edited by NANNY RED on Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:50 pm

Silva for £25 Million

Sneijder we could get out of the Xabi deal .. say £15 + Sneijder

Negrado or Martinez for the £15 Million we get from the Xabi deal

:laugh:
Fauxy

Postby aCe' » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:51 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
Would Chelsea sell him? If so I do agree that he would be a good player for us, and would go as far as to say he is tailor made for us.

Id deffo have him here , an apparently hes only got a year left on his contract, an Harry is sniffing around trying to bring him to Spurs,

But on a  sad note in the back of my mind , well the front really,i just cant see them other two letting Rafa keep all of the Xabi money, its not in there nature, they have to pocket something

not to sound too repetitive but where does that idea of them not giving the manager funds come from ?

c*nts and all that but they certainly have been backing the manager up in the transfer market since they arrived havent they ?
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:52 pm

Says on SSN that Chelsea have stated that Cole will not be leaving.
Fauxy

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:53 pm

aCe' wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:

not to sound too repetitive but where does that idea of them not giving the manager funds come from ?

c*nts and all that but they certainly have been backing the manager up in the transfer market since they arrived havent they ?

Wouldn't agree with that mate. I think they've been too busy trying to keep the liquidator from the door.....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby aCe' » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:58 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
aCe' wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:

Wouldn't agree with that mate. I think they've been too busy trying to keep the liquidator from the door.....

as evident by their 70+mill outlay in 07/08 or maybe the 40mill or so from last season ?
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion