Why the attitude - Bunch of pussies

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Big Niall » Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:32 pm

Even though I'm gutted that we won't be in the champions league, the sportsman side of me believes we don't deserve it.

Everton have little quality but showed heart, determination and fighting spirit to get another late goal and salvage a point against Birmingham.

Does anybody here think Liverpool would have got a point from that position against Birmingham? LFC would  have rolled over like the bunch of pussies they are (couple of exceptions).

We have spent HUGE over the last 5 years. Everton and Bolton are better than us (table doesn't lie). They deserve to play in CL Liverpool players deserve to be unemployed.

I would say I've never seen such a heartless performance as the one against palace but I've seen loads of them this season. They are taking the p1ss out this club
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:40 pm

Big Niall wrote:Even though I'm gutted that we won't be in the champions league, the sportsman side of me believes we don't deserve it.

Everton have little quality but showed heart, determination and fighting spirit to get another late goal and salvage a point against Birmingham.

Does anybody here think Liverpool would have got a point from that position against Birmingham? LFC would  have rolled over like the bunch of pussies they are (couple of exceptions).

We have spent HUGE over the last 5 years. Everton and Bolton are better than us (table doesn't lie). They deserve to play in CL Liverpool players deserve to be unemployed.

I would say I've never seen such a heartless performance as the one against palace but I've seen loads of them this season. They are taking the p1ss out this club

Oi d!ckhead, go support someone else then you heartless puff.  :angry:
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:41 pm

I think Everton's spirit is summed up by one player - Duncan Ferguson.  We may dislike him, even hate him, but he never gives up, and more often than not, does the job for Everton.

Maybe that's what we need - more Scots in the team.  Remember, Hansen, Dalglish and Souness.  And who could forget the great Shankly himself.

Fighting spirit - severely lacking in the Premiership this season.
Last edited by hawkmoon269 on Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:45 pm

So Lee J, do think LFC show as much heart as Everton?
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:54 pm

Big Niall wrote:So Lee J, do think LFC show as much heart as Everton?

Couldn't give a flying sh!te about other teams. I see players working their blx off for this club and I'm happy, if they don't work hard the club will deal with it, im sure. Personally I'd offload 2 or 3 at the end of the season but I wont go public and start slagging them off on here. Have some faith, the team out on that field whether or not they work hard or not, are the only team we have.

Everton who?
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:05 pm

playing a bad game happens a player or team but who worked their bollox off against palace, who was driving the team on, surging on, taking on players, winning 50/50 challenges, giving as good as they got physically (Rafa saying palace were over physical sounds like a spaniard who is surprised that english football is physical).
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:09 pm

Big Niall wrote:Even though I'm gutted that we won't be in the champions league

You are mystic meg then, what happened to hope, faith in your team, how do you know we won't win the damn thing this year  :angry:
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:15 pm

ok people, Big Niall is on a downer day today. we've all had them. and after saturdays rolling over i'm surprised so many people aren't having one.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:19 pm

andy_g wrote:ok people, Big Niall is on a downer day today. we've all had them. and after saturdays rolling over i'm surprised so many people aren't having one.

The problem is that we've rolled over too many times this season!
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:21 pm

an everton champs league space is justa  waste.
they will play maccabi haifa in the qualifiers and then get kicked out anyways
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:34 pm

Big Niall wrote:We have spent HUGE over the last 5 years. Everton and Bolton are better than us (table doesn't lie). They deserve to play in CL Liverpool players deserve to be unemployed.

Normally I'd agree with you that the table doesn't lie.  But the fact is that we have also had 10 champions league games to contest that bolton and everton did not.  Not to mention that we had to do that with a really thin squad due to the worst season for injuries I can remember.

No team could have coped with our injuries and still do well in the league AND the champions league.  Not even the 'big 3'

A few additions to the squad over the summer and a few of our injured players back to their best and we'll be a lot more consistent next season.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:41 pm

Everton could be knocked out in the qualifying rounds. They have not been in europe for ages and will probably face a top seeded team.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:42 pm

bolton and BS are not better than us....Its like saying we are better than juventus because we beat them. (we are not).

The problem is that our squad does not have the right blend. We have to have the right blend of british & foreign players to get through the season.

This season is a write-off. The less we think  about it the better. Have to judge the squad from next season only.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso_Rulz » Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:44 pm

let us not find any excuses.. a lost is a lost.. i do think that it is up to the whole team's metalilty.. most will think that winning the CL will be an easier way.. thus they just switched off..
i just think, even rafa have the same thinking.. why start welsh ..? not biscan?
my dad told mi one thing, crystal palace has always been a jinx team for liverpool, seems to always lost to them..
remember (if i am not wrong ) crystal palace kick liverpool out of a cup when they are still in D1
i do think that biscan ,alonso , gerard will start the chelsea match 4-5-1.. that might be comfirm..
Alonso_Rulz

Postby The_Rock » Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:55 pm

no crystal palace ain't a jinx team.

we beat them 9-0 (but lose to them in the FA cup semi final).

We also beat them 6-1 during the mid 90s i think. It was the 1st game of the season....They ain't a jinx team.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion