My attitude towards my club.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby oldredeyes » Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:38 pm

You have hit the nail on the head Supersub!
It's about honesty! Shanks had it Paisley had it and so did Kenny. GH has no respect for the fine traditions of this great club and that hurts.
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:58 pm

there are two issues here IMO. Firstly the easier one to deal with is the atmosphere at Anfield and unless you go against the Mancs it is truly awful, I for one enjoy the atmosphere at AWAY games so much more and there are 38,000 less supporters at Away games !!!! Whether you believe its the installation of seats, the lack of enthusiasm or expectation, the quality of the play or something else is largely irrelevant, I stupidly and naivly thought one of the main tasks of supporters was to encourage and lift the team especially at home games ? Wasn't it Shanks who said the Kop was worth a goal a game ????

I disagree that the media are anti LFC, they are largely  quite balanced and fair in my opinion, The exception is SKY who get on my nerves so much with their continual criticising Liverpools style of play ......When the Mancs win 1-0 away its called a masterful performance to gain 3 points, when we do it its boring and predictable ? Whats that all about !!!!! Sky practical wet their pants over chelsea who have MORE 1-0 wins this season than ANY other club in the prem !!!!

As for your post Stu, although I understand your frustration regarding the apathy of fans at Liverpool, putting us alongside Millwall an Spurs and the Mancs is a bit harsh ......... Although you did say for sifferent reasons , what are they ?

I'm with you on the negativity slant though, it annoys me to witness either at the games and sadly on here repeated negativity without good argument or reason............. Sometimes saying everyone has a right to an opinion is fine but without substantiating that opinion, its a smokesceen to hide behind for soem people with "galss Half empty" mentalities ...... Walk on and I LOVE LFC too
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:42 am

Good man Stu!

You went four or five days without particuarly insulting anybody, then you come out and insult the lot of us with this load of balls.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Bring Dalglish back » Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:39 pm

In reply to 'Stu_the_red's' comments in the opening post in this thread where he claims: 'The media hate us, other teams hate us and now our own "fans" and "supporters" hate us' and that unfortunately, 'Liverpool is a club with one of the worst sets of fans in the country amoungst Spurs, Villa, Millwall and United'. This hypothesis is totally preposterous. Contrary to this claim, isn't it a good thing that Liverpool Football Club has ♦ a supporters club in Greece, Malta, the United States and various parts of the far east as well as in numerous parts of this country.

In addition, to say that the 'media hate us' is totally untrue. I work in the media and I know for a fact that this assumption is utterly rubbish.
"People Say football is a matter of life and death" , " I believe it is much more important than that", Bill Shankly.
Bring Dalglish back
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bring Dalglish back » Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:43 pm

Stu_the_red, your supposed to be an 'advanced member' of this forum. With the comments you have made, in terms of how well-thought your claims are and how untrue they are, you don't deserve to be an 'advanced member'.
"People Say football is a matter of life and death" , " I believe it is much more important than that", Bill Shankly.
Bring Dalglish back
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:44 pm

Can I just say, we wouldn't be "arguing" about this club if we didn't care about it so much. I wonder if Houllier cares as much as we do or as he claims he does
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redandblue » Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:19 pm

Most, if not all of the fans on this board care passionately about the club. But this Liverpool team is awful. Passionless (except SG) and fragile. Good points have been made above so I won't repeat them. But suffice to say that under GH's leadership a huge gap has arisen between LFC and the top two.

Our manager is an idiot who bleats about being in three competitions when the league is already lost and he will claim that finishing fourth is a major achievement. The UEFA Cup is for also rans (like us) and we have played one FA Cup tie.

In fact, the Liverpool fans have ended up with a team and a manager whom the fans deserve. At any other club, the fans would be screaming for the manager and possibly the chairman to be sacked. The Liverpool fans don't do that. But in suffering in silence, we are prolonging the agony.

There is utterly nothing to cheer and remember, we have been playing a nice tight defensive formation for many years now under GH, so we haven't exactly been exciting, have we. Well, no. We have been dull and negative.

I was at White Hart Lane on Saturday. It was embarrassing.

People don't hate us at all. I think that a lot of folks are mystified that the club won't sack GH but no, they don't hate us. Maybe you meant that they don't RATE us which would be accurate.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bring Dalglish back » Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:30 pm

The thing is redandblue, Liverpool are, and never have been a kind of club who sacks people.
Bring Dalglish back
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:59 pm

Stu, nobody hates us.

As OldRedEyes says, they simply don't rate us.

"Hate" often infers that there is a certain amount of respect there, but nobody respects us.

We are more a "joke" than a "hate" figure.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Puddy Heskey » Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:18 pm

Im from ireland and ive been reading all the messages sent in and being a pool supporter im sick of the abuse the team gets off the fans and then claim to be liverpool supporters.i go over to at least 15 matches a year for the last ten years and the atmosphere of late is rubbish.Roy keane once said the man u fans hadnt a clue bout football and sit round in the money boxs and eating prawn sandwiches.you'd sware it was the same at anfield.But i know liverpool supporters do know there football but slagging instead of cheering is just really really sad.Geard Houllier i will have to admit is not a great manager but liverpool at the moment havent got great fans.
Give him till xmass of next year and then we'l see.Heskey should go and i hope i wont get any arguments over that one. let owen do what he wants. with the money we could get for him we could have bought saha or larrson so some player who would make a difference to the team and not just the score sheet.Get Martin O Neill and the next ten years will be better than shankly and paisley put together.
Puddy Heskey

Postby DAV » Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:26 pm

Puddy Heskey.
Going by other posts i have read most are of the same opinion as me.
We pay to watch the football and we support LIVERPOOL till we die.
Players come and go.
How can i be happy with the current situation and not show my anger at games. If i did i would be a bit 2 faced.
It's our right to have opinions, if we dont like the current situation its down to us the fans to make our voice heard to get things changed as happens at other clubs.
As for keeping GH while next xmas."for gods sake why. whats going to suddenly change apart from maybe OWEN will leave"
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:34 pm

People must remember that the frustration goes back to 1991. Sure, there have been many good times since then but mostly there has been nothing but the bitter disappointment of underachievement.

By all accounts give Houllier until December but I don't possibly see how that will improve things.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby coops » Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:44 am

Puddy Heskey wrote:i go over to at least 15 matches a year for the last ten years and the atmosphere of late is rubbish.Roy keane once said the man u fans hadnt a clue bout football and sit round in the money boxs and eating prawn sandwiches.you'd sware it was the same at anfield.But i know liverpool supporters do know there football but slagging instead of cheering is just really really sad.Geard Houllier i will have to admit is not a great manager but liverpool at the moment havent got great fans.
Give him till xmass of next year and then we'l see.Heskey should go and i hope i wont get any arguments over that one. let owen do what he wants. with the money we could get for him we could have bought saha or larrson so some player who would make a difference to the team and not just the score sheet.Get Martin O Neill and the next ten years will be better than shankly and paisley put together.

Your comments are totally ridiculous. Comparing Man U fans complaining about their 8 times in 10 years championship winning, champs league winning side does NOT compare to our fans who are simply bemused and upset by what is unfolding before their eyes each game.

As for Owen, he is our best player and plays his heart out every game feeding on scraps but still scoring 20+ goals a season. He makes more of a difference that any other player in our team alongside SG. 30+ year old Larrson and Saha are not in the same league and to think you would rather have either over Owen is bordering on insanity.

Re: One of the above strikers combined with O' Neill being better than Shanks and Paisley put together.... you are out of your mind.
coops

Postby Puddy Heskey » Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:21 am

Ok I will have to admit it was my first message to be put up and i got a little excited.But i am not insane.i just think even tho we are at the moment quite poor you should still cheer on your team.Not just bad mouth it.It may surprise you to know that players are still lifted by the scream of fans in the terraces.My god at the last home game youd sware a funeral proccesion was driving over the pitch.But anyway i will apologise for a few of my comments as they were a bit far fetched.This may sound like an odd thing to say but i hope liverpool win nothing this year.then the board might and i stress might fire G.H.the liverpool board for too long now have been to slow to react to the growing dissapointment of the players and supporters alike.In any other club the the chairman and half the board would have been sacked long ago.
     But maybe and i say maybe our dissapointment is due to if you think about it because the last 4 years have been reasonably good.I hate to admit it but houiller is the most succesfull manager for at least 12 or 13 years.Hence the fact that we are doing poorly at the moment is because were not doing as well as the last few years.And who was in charge the last few years.Thats right G.H. All that said FIRE HIM NOW NOT TOMMOROW NOT NEXT SEASON NOW.  :angry:
Puddy Heskey

Postby Puddy Heskey » Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:23 am

SEE ABOVE:Sorry that third last line was supposed to read.We are dissapointed at our possition now because we done so well the last few years. :D
Puddy Heskey

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion