Why does nobody want, - Javier saviola?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby spion » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:24 am

Alfredo Cabrera Brizuela has commented about his client Javier Saviola in La Marca. He claimed that Liverpools manager had enquired about his player but Barca will not let him leave in the transfer window for a fee preferring to lose him in the summer on a free. Saviola has an amazing scoring record which works out at a goal every sixty minutes & because he's on a free in the summer was expected to leave Barca in the transfer window for a small fee because his current club have made it clear that the player will not be offered a new contract.
Brizuela also commented on Liverpool stating that Benitez was interested in a couple of players in Spain at the moment but wanted Saviola until the summer & would then decide on the long term issues. This was he stated the first solid offer for the player in months & that at the moment it looked like Saviola would return to Argentina because nobody wanted his player.
spion

Postby LittleHobo » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:26 am

Too light-weight for the premiership in my opinion and hes an argie.......and as it stands argies dont do it in the prem

mr tevez, a battle hungry war horse cant even do it in the premiership, no goals in 14

so i dont think saviola would fare any better, he would be like a bad luis garcia.
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:32 am

Not that I trust what I hear as it's rumour, but it was said quite insistedly that he was a bit problematic in the dressroom. Rumours are rumours but that was commented.

Anyway, he stayed in Barcelona against the advice of everybody and he has made a spot in that team. I'd rather sign up Saviola than GudJohnsen, that's for sure. But I don't think he's what we need.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GunGod » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:36 pm

Its funny how some in here would clamour for Owen yet say Saviola does not meet our requirement.

For me, Saviola is a similar but much better player than Owen. He has a better touch and dribbling technique. In fact, he's like 40% Baros 60% Owen.

I mentioned months ago why don't we sign him in a lengthy post to muted response. I suspect not many people in here have actually seen him play much anyway.
GunGod

Postby puroresu » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:46 pm

His quality. His problems at Barca seem to come from the President who see's Saviola as part of the old guard. 

The kid is very talented.  Great technique, good dribbler, quick, good finisher and still young.  I would love him at Anfield as potentially he has the talent to become on of the very best players in Europe.

I went Nou Camp 2 years ago when he was at Monaco but the club shop was still selling the Number 7 Saviola Barca shirts.  He seems to be loved by the fans just not the club.

Being Argentinian does not mean he wouldnt do well in England.  Crespo did well and only left due to being homesick.  Tevez hasnt played nowhere enough games to actually settle in the Premiership.  You need minutes to Adapt and Tevez hasnt been given enough time on the pitch.

At the moment Barca aint in a position to let him go.  They have no strikers and Saviola is playing well.
puroresu

Postby Sabre » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:01 pm

Its funny how some in here would clamour for Owen yet say Saviola does not meet our requirement.

I've suffered both players against my local team and I know what makes harm to my defence.

Owen is better than Saviola. End of. Now he's injured, you might not like how he left to a team we hate, but when it comes to footie, my choice is clear. Owen any day of the week.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:15 pm

saviola has great ability but hes lost the hunger

this is why in recent years he was loaned out to seville and monaco and came away from both loans with around 20 goals in 60 odd games

he was a promising kid but is still living off that reputation rather than his current one..........this is why no1 will touch him with a barge-poll
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby PabloAimar » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:49 pm

is this the same saviola who was regarded as one of 'the three kings' along with rivaldo and figo at barcelona? or was that an older one?
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby Elchris » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:54 pm

i would'nt mind saviola being in our team.... if benitez is intrested in him and signs him up it would be great..he got everything that a striker need pace technique n knows where the back of the net is...i think he can be a very good signing
Elchris

Postby kunilson » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:53 pm

i think saviola does need some weight training before he would play well here, decent skills and a quick player tho....

and there's a reason why Tevez isn't doing well in the premiership... http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZSrPIcnZbAg   - he should spend more time training the puss
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby azriahmad » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:19 am

Owen grew up playing football in England and despite his small stature, is used to the physical aspect of the game here.

Saviola, obviously more skillful, had not experienced such a thing. If he comes up against Bolton or Blackburn, I think he'd get such a shock that he may never fancy playing in the EPL again and wished for quick return to more familiar grounds. Add to this the language, food and weather factor, you'd have a recipe for a disasterous spell.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:21 am

He's a bloody good player, though! :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dward » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:25 am

kunilson wrote:and there's a reason why Tevez isn't doing well in the premiership... http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZSrPIcnZbAg   - he should spend more time training the puss

WTH?

:laugh:
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:43 am

azriahmad wrote:Owen grew up playing football in England and despite his small stature, is used to the physical aspect of the game here.

Saviola, obviously more skillful, had not experienced such a thing. If he comes up against Bolton or Blackburn, I think he'd get such a shock that he may never fancy playing in the EPL again and wished for quick return to more familiar grounds. Add to this the language, food and weather factor, you'd have a recipe for a disasterous spell.

bang on son, bang on
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:44 am

Saviola, obviously more skillful, had not experienced such a thing

Skilfull as in better ball control and tricks, yes.

But watching Owen off the ball was a fúcking pleasure, I sometimes forgot about the ball to watch him roaming to the places he made most harm, and how he chose the runs he started. He's a better finisher too, plus, he had a better goal ratio than any of his Madrid team mates, and than Saviola.
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion