Why are our big names players letting us down. - Torres,rodríguez ,skrtel ,konchesky.....

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby lakes10 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:43 pm

I dont get it, they blow so hot and cold.
Torres has been so off form that i am sure if we had better strikers in the team he would not be getting picked, ok e know what he can do but in truth he has not done it for almost a year now, I do think its all in the mind with him.

Skrtel.............ffs the guy is starting to wind me up, he takes his eyes off the play too much, a player can turn him inside out in a sec, we have seen him play some great games, the troon got a lucky offside coal and for the rest of the game he look a :censored: player, but untill then he looked good.

Rodríguez.....oh dear oh dear, bad game for him....and he is starting to have a lot of them in truth.
easy to get past, his passing was very poor in his last two games.....but yet again can look a world beater on some days.

Konchesky......should be taken in to the woods and left there to work out what sort of player he is to be.
one day he looks great, the next he would find it hard in a sunday team...but i think he can be a great player for this club if he puts his mind to it.

we have such a problem with our players right now, we never know what ones are going to turn up on the day, you pick your best team and then it seem their look alikes turn up and play.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:46 pm

Because they like the majority of our support can see the manager is clueless and is way out of his depth .THEY DON'T WANT TO PLAY THIS SH!T FOOTBALL ANYMORE and who can blame them .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:49 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Because they like the majority of our support can see the manager is clueless and is way out of his depth .THEY DON'T WANT TO PLAY THIS SH!T FOOTBALL ANYMORE and who can blame them .

says it all  :nod
roberto green

Postby lakes10 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:50 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Because they like the majority of our support can see the manager is clueless and is way out of his depth .THEY DON'T WANT TO PLAY THIS SH!T FOOTBALL ANYMORE and who can blame them .

sorry mate that dont wash, Torres and been playing :censored: football for almost a year now, he will be lucky to make in into the spain team.

team try to push up and he gives the ball away and we get pushed back.

its and easy out to blame the manager, yes he is not the best but at the end of the day our players are playing :censored: football.

its not much to ask of a player to pass a ball to there team mates feet is it?
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:57 pm

Konchesky & Skyrtel big name players?

I beg to differ.

Torres is not a target man but is being employed as one, the manager has one method one way of playing and he wont be changing it any time soon, its so great infact the record speaks for itself 1 win in the last 27 games away from home, 13 wins in 107 games away from home.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:01 pm

Ciggy wrote:Konchesky & Skyrtel big name players?

I beg to differ.

Torres is not a target man but is being employed as one, the manager has one method one way of playing and he wont be changing it any time soon, its so great infact the record speaks for itself 1 win in the last 27 games away from home, 13 wins in 107 games away from home.

Torres is not a target man? ?????

lol well what is he then, he sure was when he was knocking the goals in for us the other year lol

yes i think Skyrtel big name......in our team anyway.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:07 pm

To be honest we have four big name players in my opinion
Torres, Gerrard, Reina and possibly Carra
Gerrard has been below par so far, Carra has been caught out on too many occassions, Reina has had his forgetable moments and Torres looks a shadow of the player we believe he is
The others, as in every team with big name players, will look to these players to inspire, motivate and lead by example. If they dont (and the havent) then it is understandable why we have so many lacklustre performances.
Thommo's perm

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:10 pm

lakes10 wrote:

sorry mate that dont wash, Torres and been playing :censored: football for almost a year now, he will be lucky to make in into the spain team.

its and easy out to blame the manager, yes he is not the best but at the end of the day our players are playing :censored: football.

It's dead easy lakes . Who sets up the team ? Who decides the teams tacticts ? Who makes the call on subs ? Who has been in charge for long enough now to be able to set up a team to win a f.uckin away game ? Is the answer to any of these questions the players ? No thought not .

This is the last time i;m going to say this . The last manager we are told lost the dressing room , so he was sacked . What the f.uck do you call that what we saw yesterday , because them players are most certainly not playing for the current manager . He hasn't staedied the ship ,he hasn't brought a fresh approach , it's him and always was him because the players can see that he is mediocre manager. The players can se his 35year record just aswell as us and basically they are demorilised by his whole tenure

F.O.R
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:21 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
lakes10 wrote:

It's dead easy lakes . Who sets up the team ? Who decides the teams tacticts ? Who makes the call on subs ? Who has been in charge for long enough now to be able to set up a team to win a f.uckin away game ? Is the answer to any of these questions the players ? No thought not .

This is the last time i;m going to say this . The last manager we are told lost the dressing room , so he was sacked . What the f.uck do you call that what we saw yesterday , because them players are most certainly not playing for the current manager . He hasn't staedied the ship ,he hasn't brought a fresh approach , it's him and always was him because the players can see that he is mediocre manager. The players can se his 35year record just aswell as us and basically they are demorilised by his whole tenure

F.O.R

You make a good point. But can you say that Pardew is a better manager because his team won 3-1? Are newcastle better than us because they beat us?
I will GUARANTEE that we will finish above them come may. Absolutely. This over-reaction is very silly and people should try and see the positives instead of constantly telling us how negative things are.
I am not happy with the result but the performance was good in parts and we certainly werent battered by them
And by the way, I bet this is not the last time you say it...
:;):
Thommo's perm

Postby andy_g » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:45 pm

konchesky and skrtel aren't big players and are regularly performing at a very low level. maxi, in my opinion, has been one of the best players in the squad this season. torres has lost the spark for whatever reason and i'm starting to think we should accept a good offer for him in the summer. i don't get these 'not a target man' comments though. i agree that he's not a target man, but i don't see where he's been played as one recently either. setting out in a 4 4 2 with the ball being played a lot on the ground doesn't imply the target man thing to me.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:47 pm

we weren't outplayed. they just took the opportunities that came their way while we, not for the first time, allowed the opposition to come back into the game by not taking advantage of the chances prior to the equalizers.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby parchpea » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:05 pm

Shocking miss by Torres yesterday and he puts that away and its a diffferent game. We just dont have any big time players aside from Torres and Gerrard and the rest are average and there in lies the problem. If you have top players and management you win football matches but frankly we are lacking in every department and these people simply cannot meet our expectations.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby teamleader1 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:10 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:we weren't outplayed. they just took the opportunities that came their way while we, not for the first time, allowed the opposition to come back into the game by not taking advantage of the chances prior to the equalizers.

I don't think its so much that we allow teams to come back and turn us over, its more a case of they crank it up a notch and we fall apart.
The manager must take the lions share of the blame for this, he picks the team and the tactics on the day
His job is to change things as and when needed throughout the 90mins
He has the power to drop or drag players off when they don't perform.
We have been truly awful for most of the season and seem to get carried away when we do win a game.
I thought the Villa game was shyte to be honest, great goals but the overall play was nothing to write home about.
It shows how our standards have dropped when we think this is acceptable.
Yes certain players are not doing the biz, but they are being allowed to get away with it by the manager!
teamleader1

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:38 pm

teamleader1 wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:we weren't outplayed. they just took the opportunities that came their way while we, not for the first time, allowed the opposition to come back into the game by not taking advantage of the chances prior to the equalizers.

Yes certain players are not doing the biz, but they are being allowed to get away with it by the manager!

he has the power to drop players but what would the reaction be like if he took off Torres?

true, he hasnt been playing up to his potential all year long but Roy would probably be slammed as Torres is the most recognized goal threat and is capable of producing a moment of brilliance to change the game.

he will not be praised by the majority for having the courage to take off his star player for someone like Jova or Babel who do not have match winning reputations like the Spaniard especially if it did not result in a victory.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby akumaface » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:53 pm

lakes10 wrote:

Lucas was sh.it for I don't know, three years and had just played better recently. Torres had so many injuries and now people are patient enough for Lucas but not one of our hero in Torres...typical double standard. The only way for him to be fit is to keep running him out there. But he had too much ground to cover as our team dropped back very deep. You can't expect him to run like a headless chicken for the whole fecking 90 minutes. He is not a target man as he is best at facing the defender and not with his back facing the goal. Not sure if you had noticed it but a lot of time, he came back to the midfield to get involved as he got marked very tightly in yesterday game. He tried to create some space himself but you can't expect him to do more as our current system was more conservative then before. So, blaming him for not doing more is not a fair comparison. If you want Torres gone, then you will regret it when he decided to leave and good luck in finding a world class striker with he current state of the team.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion