When gerrard comes back.....

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JamCar05 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:49 pm

stmichael wrote:
JamCar05 wrote:
stmichael wrote:Anyway I've heard now that Gerrard won't be risked at the weekend so i'd expect the side to be unchanged. Gerrard will probably come back into the side next weekend against Fulham.

Don't you think Torres will slot in again instead of Babel though mate ???. Even though Babel did well against Villa I should really hope so.

yeah sorry i meant to say one change, torres for babel obviously :idea  :D

Glad we got that one cleared up quickly :D
JamCar05

Postby Gerrard30391 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:31 pm

Despite all the possible formations put forward, I'm still a lover of 4-4-2. Therefore, we need to make ONE signing in the transfer window and then I would want to see this:
                            Reina

Johnson     Agger/Carra     Skittles      Aurelio

Babel           Gerrard         Meireles     Cole/Maxi

Torres                ???

Obviously we don't have the personnel for the weekend so:

I would play:
Babel with Torres
Kuyt down the right
Lucas for Gerrard (See no point in risking him)
Maxi down the left

Then defence wise, I've lost track of who's injured and how long for! It's a fecking nightmare.
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:21 pm

Long term those 4 in midfield who started on Saturday are never going to work in a 4-4-2. I don't understand why we persist with that formation when we haven't got a single out and out winger. It's even more pointless when Gerrard is back next week as playing a rigid formation isn't playing to his strengths. If we going to stick with 4-4-2 then Gerrard has to be on the right surely?

I still maintain that 4-3-3 is the way forward. Lucas, Meireles and Gerrard interchanging but still keeping the shape. Cole played in a front three for Chelsea. Babel always played in a front three in Holland. Dirk plays on the right of a front three for the Dutch national side.

In the past I was always an advocate of 4-2-3-1 but under this manager it won't work as Torres will just be isolated for long spells, especially away from home.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby therocket147 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:51 pm

I think if we play 4-4-2 Gerrard`s best position is in the centre of midfield
therocket147

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion