Bring back steven gerrard - Where has our hard tackling leader gone?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby PabloAimar » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:15 pm

'only 9 games' ...u make it sound like its only a quarter of the season gon.
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:41 pm

Thehobo wrote:i just think under rafa he has realised we will never win or even challenge for the league

stevie wants the league badly and knows that under rafa we will never be good enough

rafa is brilliant tactically in the champions league and in spanish league but he hasnt worked it out yet in the premiership

this is the team i want, lets get a british base back (players who know what it means to win the big rival games)

pennant needs to play attacking right mid to cause any trouble, yesterday when he came on his starting position was more like a wing back, no winger can do it from that deep

............................scott carson...................................

micah richards..........carragher..........agger...............warnock.

...................................sissoko........................................

..........................gerrard...................nolan.......................

Pennant.............................................................Kewell

.....................................kuyt...........................................

subs.

reina
finnan
gonzalez
bellamy
joey barton

I thought you had been banned again Oasis ?
Last edited by account deleted by request on Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:47 pm

The onus is on Stevie to shake off the sulks and raise his game.  The onus is also on Rafa to sit him down and sort him out rather than letting the situation fester.  We need the 2005-2006 vintage Gerrard back, no question, and it's mostly down to him to put things right.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:03 pm

Bad Bob wrote:The onus is on Stevie to shake off the sulks and raise his game.  The onus is also on Rafa to sit him down and sort him out rather than letting the situation fester.  We need the 2005-2006 vintage Gerrard back, no question, and it's mostly down to him to put things right.

Im not so sure its just a case of the sulks Badbob. I remember last season around Christmas, Rafa saying he was going to add years on to Gerrards career by telling him to do less running and getting Stevie to run in the right areas at the right time, or words to that effect.

Maybe this has had an adverse effect on Stevie (I dont think Stevies the brightest button in the box  :D ) Gerrard seems to be a player that plays more with his heart than his head and it could have taken part of Gerrards game away.
account deleted by request

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:33 pm

s@int wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:The onus is on Stevie to shake off the sulks and raise his game.  The onus is also on Rafa to sit him down and sort him out rather than letting the situation fester.  We need the 2005-2006 vintage Gerrard back, no question, and it's mostly down to him to put things right.

Im not so sure its just a case of the sulks Badbob. I remember last season around Christmas, Rafa saying he was going to add years on to Gerrards career by telling him to do less running and getting Stevie to run in the right areas at the right time, or words to that effect.

Maybe this has had an adverse effect on Stevie (I dont think Stevies the brightest button in the box  :D ) Gerrard seems to be a player that plays more with his heart than his head and it could have taken part of Gerrards game away.

Yeah, mate, I remember that statement from Rafa but then Gerrard went out and had a stormer of a season.  Personally, getting him back to near the form he was in last season works for me.  The Gerrard who played under Houllier had some good attributes that the current 'model' is missing but he was also rather undisciplined in his approach to the game.  Given the choice, I'll take the Gerrard that has matured under Rafa over the Gerrard that ran the show under Houllier.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion