What's gerrard impact in the squad? - Huge or more than huge?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:47 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:I really value your opinion and will be penning a resignation letter in a moment.

:D

KENNY Dalglish (from official website today)

(snip)" there are still plenty of reasons to remain positive. We are two points off the top – five if United win their game in hand against Fulham - but why should we assume they are going to win that? I think we just have to fear the worst but hope for the best in that game.

It is going to be a massive game when we go to Old Trafford and we are going to need to win there, but before that we have to make sure we pick up as many points as possible. All we can do is get our own house in order and if we do that in our games between now and when we go to Manchester United then that's all anyone can ask. If they drop points between now and then it's a bonus, but to collect that bonus in full we have to win our matches.

Of course, we can go back to the top of the table with a win at Portsmouth this weekend because United don't play until the Sunday. It doesn't matter who you are, you feel pressure when you need results and we need to put United under pressure for their game this weekend.

Portsmouth may be having problems at the moment but Fratton Park is a difficult place to go and claim a result. It's easy to assume we will win down there, but Tony Adams must believe he's due a change of luck at some point and if they can take a point off us then I'm sure that would be a huge bonus for them. I doubt they'll be too adventurous but we just have to make sure we do our job properly and look to respond immediately from what happened at Everton last night.

We still have the players and still have the squad to make a real challenge for the title this season, but we can't afford to drop too many more points."
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:19 pm

CardinalRed wrote:I had a discussion with a mate at work the other day when I asked him if he could think of any other team that relies upon one player as much as we do on Stevie....... You try and do the same, what becomes obvious is the weakness of our squad. Other than Stevie we do have top, top players and one of them is world class but if these scans turn out for the worse then we're gonna be looking at Rafa and wondering why he didn't strengthen............

:cool:

At the end of the day when you have one of best players in the world its only natural the team would rely on him more. More so when we dont have the strength in depth as say Man Utd.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thingy » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:22 pm

I feel that Stevie is unreplaceable. If he suddenly left this club, it would take 3 15million plus pound players to make up for him. He is that good.
Thingy

Postby big al » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:49 pm

Sorry to burst some peoples bubble here but, your under-estimating the rest of the Liverpool Players.  The fact is that are poor form recently( with exception of Chealsea game) is because we currently have too many players on poor form.  I would argue that without Alonso we are not as good a team.  I would argue that Reira brings a new demension, When Carragher had to fill in for Arbeloa we were not as strong.  We have too many of these guys not on a bad run of form.  Its interesting that I have mentioned 3 spanish players there ( not drawing any conclusions)  Remember this we have already beaten Man U without Gerrard and Torres.  His absence is now a test for the rest of the team. 

Lastly will those people who dont love football please keep your silly opinions to yourself.  The premiership is about 38x90minutes and then extra time.  THOSE NOW MOUTHING ABOUT RAFA AND SAYING WE HAVE LOST IT! ARE THE SAME IMBECILES THAT WALKED OUT OF THE ATATURK STADIUM AT HALFTIME. YNWA
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby dawson99 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:54 pm

big al wrote:Sorry to burst some peoples bubble here but, your under-estimating the rest of the Liverpool Players.  The fact is that are poor form recently( with exception of Chealsea game) is because we currently have too many players on poor form.  I would argue that without Alonso we are not as good a team.  I would argue that Reira brings a new demension, When Carragher had to fill in for Arbeloa we were not as strong.  We have too many of these guys not on a bad run of form.  Its interesting that I have mentioned 3 spanish players there ( not drawing any conclusions)  Remember this we have already beaten Man U without Gerrard and Torres.  His absence is now a test for the rest of the team. 

Lastly will those people who dont love football please keep your silly opinions to yourself.  The premiership is about 38x90minutes and then extra time.  THOSE NOW MOUTHING ABOUT RAFA AND SAYING WE HAVE LOST IT! ARE THE SAME IMBECILES THAT WALKED OUT OF THE ATATURK STADIUM AT HALFTIME. YNWA

I think I love Big Al

Perfect retort

:bowdown  :buttrock  :bowdown
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:58 pm

big al wrote:Sorry to burst some peoples bubble here but, your under-estimating the rest of the Liverpool Players.  The fact is that are poor form recently( with exception of Chealsea game) is because we currently have too many players on poor form.  I would argue that without Alonso we are not as good a team.  I would argue that Reira brings a new demension, When Carragher had to fill in for Arbeloa we were not as strong.  We have too many of these guys not on a bad run of form.  Its interesting that I have mentioned 3 spanish players there ( not drawing any conclusions)  Remember this we have already beaten Man U without Gerrard and Torres.  His absence is now a test for the rest of the team. 

Spot on mate, although I fear you're p*ssing in the wind with the WUM brigade.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:48 pm

Thingy wrote:I feel that Stevie is unreplaceable. If he suddenly left this club, it would take 3 15million plus pound players to make up for him. He is that good.

Yeah for real im on the same lines aswel. Without stevie i think we would struggle. His leadership qualities would be missed and the cutting edge of getting a winner would be gone. Well thats my oppinion anyway..
If we had no gerrard for a whole season i think we would probably compete with teams for 3rd/4th spot...

With the current squad taking out gerrard we dont have much players with fire tool. Apart from torres cant see 15+ goals comming from alonso,macha,kuyt,riera.....

Without gerrard we would'nt have won the champs league, F.a cup and many more matches that his salvaged.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:54 pm

So how many games is he actually out for 3 or 5?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:02 pm

Think his 100% off for pompy and man city match. Race for fitness against real madrid
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:02 pm

3 i think, not including England games... and I know who we need on emergency loan, the perfect signing:
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:20 pm

Time for Masher to step up to the plate and carry the mantle.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:46 pm

To ask about how Gerrard makes an impact on our side, is like asking a plant how the Sun impacts their growth. OK, he's not that important, but almost. Fear not! We have Lucas!
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:48 pm

Emerald Red wrote:To ask about how Gerrard makes an impact on our side, is like asking a plant how the Sun impacts their growth. OK, he's not that important, but almost. Fear not! We have Lucas!

:D  nice one mate,
account deleted by request

Postby red_guy » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:44 am

Which Gerrard? Steven Gerrard or Lucas the Brazilian Gerrard?
Stevie G = definitely more than huge
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:28 am

The squad is strong enough to do well without him honestly.  The only problem is will they show it while he is out or will they bottle it.  Who knows but I hope we win at Portsmouth, what a huge game that is going to be, chance to go top once again at least for 1 day. :D
Zidane

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion