Huge 10 games coming up - Testing times ahead

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby el_stinger » Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:09 pm

Let's face it, we are embarking on some magical times again, and this next period of 10 games, which sees us play Arsenal and Benfica twice, play Chelsea at Stamford Bridge and Man Ure at home, is providing us some insight to how well we are poised at making a real push for the Premiership.

We have seen Arsenal slide, Man Ure loose the plot, and even witness our team make real, significant progress in all competitions (bar the Mickey Mouse cup).

I grew up in Australia, where the football is no where near as high standard or televised no where near enough. There is a mentality that whoever plays football is either a wog, sheila or po*ofta. Nevertheless, I still bought and wore my red candy LFC shirt with the number 9 on my back with pride, and even got flak from those mindless AFL one-eyed freaks for wearing it while my team went through a bad patch in the 90's. I was never prouder though, and never hidden the fact that I bleed Red!!

Sure we've had some bad times, even hovered midtable for a while, but credit where its due, whoever has stuck behind us through good and bad, are in for a real treat in the next few seasons.

We are a force again, we are challenging for every piece of silverware that is out there again. We have missed out from being the champions to being challengers and contenders for a long time now. This period is crucial, and we all know it. But in saying that, I have all the faith in the world that we will come out with quite a few points, and caught up considerably to Cheatski.

Lets face it, we aren't gonna win the Prem this season, but gee whiz, we can smell it!! I've got goosebumps thinking about it again!
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ynwa » Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:14 pm

this month is a make or break for us. the reason why i hope this not happon we can lose the 2nd place lose the champions league and the f.a cup so its better uses his head and keep the same team but change it a bit
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:39 pm

The next few games will be a challenge.....but hey, we thrive on challenges.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cuppy4claire » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:45 pm

Of course we strive on pressure, for exmaple just look at the champions league game.  Alot of people wrote us off at half-time being 3-0 against probably the best defence in the world.  Then we fight back and win the champs league.  I think that we still havea  huge chance of winning this competition again and also the league.
cuppy4claire

Postby flipmode » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:01 pm

We should be ok, good luck lads

Image Image

Image Image Image Image
ImageImageImageImage
flipmode
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:36 am

ynwa wrote:...better uses his head and keep the same team but change it a bit

Huh?
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ste123lfc » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:19 am

The next ten games are the same as been 3-0 down in the euro final. If any team can come through these games with flying colours its liverpool. We now have players who belive in there manager and believe in there own ability.
This Liverpool team has the ability to become one of the   best liverpool teams ever. Come on you reds. :bowdown  :bowdown  :bowdown
From Shankly to Brendan we follow our team, Rome to Istanbul we've all lived the dream. Our journey is long, our goal stays the same, to keep for our children the famous red name.
ste123lfc
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1137139704 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:26 am

ten games 30 points :buttrock

begging this sunday liverpool 2: chelseal 0  :D
66-1137139704

Postby MaxBoida » Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:24 am

Yes we have a good challenge ahead of us.
Chelsea will be a good one to get us in the right mindset, we have the capability of beating all the teams in this bracket, its just going to be a case of maintaining consistency, not choking and converting those shots on goal.
I'm not sure whether its going to be a good time to fiddle with agger and kromkamp at this point in time, God gives us that class option up front a super sub if you like.
God's job's a good 'un - Robbie Fowler
MaxBoida

Postby desperado0831 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:22 pm

27-30 points. No issues.
:p
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby mighty mo » Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:27 pm

no one mention the "ten games to greatness" quote of houllier please!!!!!!!
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Poolinc. » Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:59 pm

el_stinger wrote:
ynwa wrote:...better uses his head and keep the same team but change it a bit

Huh?

It's obvious...the same, only different!  ???
Poolinc.

Postby redmikey » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:55 pm

10 games in 36 days and it can make or break our season.

But we have already excelled our expectation this year by being a better team. i know there is a thread on this but unless we crashed big time . which i cannot see happening . this season is already a big step foward to where we want to be. which is fighting for top honuors with the best in europe
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby The Ace1983 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:11 pm

These 10 games are massively important, but whatever happens, I'm comforted by the knowledge that we have a potentially very easy run in. As long as we take each game as it comes, respect our opponents and not take our eyes off the prize (and whatever other cliches you can think of) I can see us ending the season with an automatic CL place and maybe even a trophy as well. But the important thing is to not relax until we have nothing left to do.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:56 pm

If we win tomorrow and the game in hand we will be 9 point behind . that might put the pressure on chelski abit.

I don't honestly think we will catch them but it would be nice to run them in close.

which would reflect  the change in LFC this year
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion