Huge 10 games coming up - Testing times ahead

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby el_stinger » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:37 am

He'll miss the Charlton Wigan Arsenal league matches.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pakat » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:59 pm

If we want to get good points in our next 10 games, we need Fowler back to score the goals for us.
Pakat

Postby babu » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:12 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:In terms of the league, we've certainly advanced greatly since last season and in the goalkeeping, defence and midfield departments, I feel we are strong.

But I can't help feeling that our striker situation is going to cost us. I think we'll finish third this season. Crouch has given us options this season. Cisse can run, but can do little else and needs to be sold. Morientes has the talent but I feel it's just not going to happen for him in the Premiership. Fowler is another option but we need long term replacements. I think two predatory strikers are needed. We need finishers.

If we deal with the striker problem in the Summer, we can get second place next season. It's steady progress. Real authentic progress. Not the "Find A Billionaire. Buy Everyone. Artifically Gain Success And Call It Greatness" approach that Chelsea have taken.

i blame you manhattan for the loss.  :p

:D

good post   :buttrock

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:46 am

1 Down, 9 to go - 0 points so far.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:07 am

*XABIALONSO* wrote:how many matches is reina banned for will he miss the fa cup v manure

THANK GOD HE WILL BE THERE WHEN WE DO THE SCUM  GOOD AND FUC.KING PROPER   :buttrock

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:46 am

2 matches down, 8 to go, no points out of a possible 30.

:no
Last edited by el_stinger on Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:13 pm

3 matches down, 3/30 points

:)

Rafa's words:

Rafael Benitez has spoken about Liverpool's grueling domestic and European schedule over the next 10 days and stated that the outcome of the next three matches could determine the quality of players he'll be able to bring in this summer. 
The Reds face Arsenal in the Premeiership on Tuesday, Manchester United in the FA Cup on Saturday and Benfica in the Champions League next week and Benitez believes the results will have a direct impact on his transfer budget.

"We take each game as it comes along but yes, this priod coming up is very important to us," claimed the Liverpool boss. "To finish in the top four is very important financially for us as well as Arsenal. We know what finishing in the top four, staying in the Champions League and doing well in the fA Cup means in terms of money.

"It is a vicious circle. To gain access to the best players you have to be in the top four and in the Champions League, otherwise they will not come. We do our best not to think about these things because it will add to the pressure, but the reality is that only if we win and keep winning will we have the money we need to improve.

"These games are going to e difficult for us, but the important thing is that at least we are involved in big games at this stage of the season. After playing Arsenal, Manchester United and Benfica, we will have a clear idea of how our season will go."
Last edited by el_stinger on Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:51 pm

I hope that yesterday's away win over Wigan gave the players more confidence for the next few matches.
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:09 pm

yes and lets hope you start pulling your finger out.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:14 pm

neil wrote:yes and lets hope you start pulling your finger out.

Care to elaborate?
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:45 am

4 Matches down, Two Wins - Two Losses

6points/21points.
Last edited by el_stinger on Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wee_boi888 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:02 am

Its not 30 points mate, we got 3 cup games remember? And to tally it to the overall 'score', is a bit misleading. 6/12 Right now, though it still sounds shyte, it wouldnt make me read over your post twice and say wtf at 6/30 =P~

We are getting there - if we keep playing like we did against the :censored:, we are a shoo in for second and a good run in the CL. It'll be only a matter of time until we start scoring. Our strikers can't stay barren forever - I think every striker we bought had us all excited except Crouch. Now he is the one thats is regarded as 'most useful'. WE ALL got excited for a reasons because they looked class. Moro will show it. If Cisse pulls his head outta his a$s and concentrates a bit he should bang em with the service our midfield is capable of.
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:20 am

wee_boi888 wrote:Its not 30 points mate, we got 3 cup games remember? And to tally it to the overall 'score', is a bit misleading. 6/12 Right now, though it still sounds shyte, it wouldnt make me read over your post twice and say wtf at 6/30 =P~

Hmmm, LOL yeah. 21 points is max.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion