What happen to our Suarez?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby hudagph » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:44 pm

Watching him last few days made me feel a bit confused; on the one hand I still miss him loads but on the other I see him struggling and think it's no longer our biz what happens to him. Just hoping it won't be another player whose star wanes having left us. He even missed the type of chance he just gobbled up for fun with us, from about 6 yards! And he appears anxious, misplacing passes, not able to hold the ball up and perhaps trying just too hard, almost to the point you feel he's likely to do something stupid yet again.... I will be watching this space with interest.
hudagph
LFC Basic Member

Postby Danish Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:46 pm

He is now playing in a team that is centred around another player and not him

He has less ball now , he isnt the star attraction anymore - he is just another player in a star studded line up.
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:17 pm

Danish Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:46 am wrote:He is now playing in a team that is centred around another player and not him

He has less ball now , he isnt the star attraction anymore - he is just another player in a star studded line up.

Yep, here Luis wasn't just the star of the team he was the centre of it also, Brendan built our side around him and even sold high profile players who's games didn't naturally dovetail with his. Once Brendan came through the door and saw how good Luis was Luis didn't have to adapt to the team, everyone else had to adapt to him.
What's more clubs like Barcelona and Real Madrid are very political behind the scene's, at Liverpool all his team mates looked up to him hugely, at Barca there will be plenty of ego's who will want him to do well but only to a certain point.
Although I wish him well from a selfish point of view it wouldn't be the end of the world if he 'did a Torres'. If that happened maybe the next superstar we unearth might have second thoughts about moving on.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:40 pm

Suarez was loved here, he is not loved at Barca. He is just another player amongst some of the worlds elite and it has affected him, as I thought it would.
He should have stayed here another season, won the Champions League with us, and then thought about moving. As it is, he may well win stuff there, but he will only be a bit part player, like Torres at chelsea. Look at how hes playing now for athletico, where he is adored.
Money isnt everything, glory isnt everything, winning isnt everything.
Love matters...
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby kazza » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:42 pm

Also the Arsenal summer saga and all the press from the Ivanovich bite, being suspended and training alone when he was trying to force a move and then the new contract got him with his tail up and he had a fantastic first half of the season and frankly played above himself. He tapered of slightly in the second half of the season and it was his momentum that carried him through. Good luck which boosted his confidence meant he had the best season ever for a Liverpool player. As I suspected in the summer, he needed us maybe more than we needed him. He will probably always regret leaving from a football standpoint and will never be that good for a whole season again.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:10 pm

Footballers arent noted for their intellectual prowess and Suarez is no different than many who believe that spain is the answer to all their prayers. With the people around him telling him constantly that the grass is greener in Camp Nou (It actually is because Ive been there and seen it) its no wonder he wanted away. But like many others before him he will learn that there is NO club IN THE WORLD which is better than LFC. So good luck Luis and thanks for what you did here, but you monumentally fu'cked up by leaving us.
He could have been a legend...
:rasp
Thommo's perm

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:32 pm

He's struggling alright. I watched a Barca game the other week and Suarez missed a sitter from 5 yards  :laugh:

However, as many have said, the Barca team isn't built around Suarez and they don't play to his strengths. As a result, he's just another player, which reminds me of Torres at Chelsea. I doubt his lack of pre-season or huge price tag helps either.

Will he return to England? Probably, one day. But it won't be here...he'll probably go to City or Manure instead.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:39 pm

I can't feel sympathy for him or Torres, both bullied their way out of Anfield and learned that the money might be better but feel good factor simply doesn't exist outside of here.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Danish Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:41 pm

Who would take him back ?

Wouldnt have touched Torres again with a barge pole but Suarez ?
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:41 pm

I would take Suarez back in a heartbeat, but I doubt he would return.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:41 pm

When Suarez was here...he was the 3rd best player in the world. He goes to Barca....and he looks like an overweight Ronaldo (the Brazilian Ronaldo). Sometimes...players have to learn the hard way.

I will still want him back here. Barca can take Balotelli, Moreno and 20 Million pounds for him.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Danish Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:42 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:41 pm wrote:I would take Suarez back in a heartbeat, but I doubt he would return.

Umm im not so sure. i reckon he would
Danish Red
LFC Basic Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:42 pm

Really pi'ssed of with Suarez BUT I wouldn't cut off my nose to spite my face. If he was prepared to return to us I'd see that as maybe a realisation by him that Anfield is where he's most loved.

I'd welcome has as a return of the prodigal son.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:07 pm

Does anyone think he'd choose us over Man City or Chelsea? I don't.

He's a genius. But he's also a huge t0sser. It wasn't that long ago he wanted to leave us for Arsenal FFS
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:10 pm

Danish Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:42 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:41 pm wrote:I would take Suarez back in a heartbeat, but I doubt he would return.

Umm im not so sure. i reckon he would

Why do you think so? Don't get me wrong I would pay good money and travel 6000 miles just to see him turned out for us in a competitive match again.

Sometime people take things for granted especially when you are riding a successful wave then all the sudden that wave subsided and you take a step back, see the picture clearer and wondered what could have been. I'm sure many of us felt this way at least once or twice in our life and Suarez (and his missus) thought he could do no wrong and found an iconic role at Barca, then he found Messi's ego is larger than the goal mouth, that he don't get to call the shots anymore, important balls are no longer directed at him and you're asked to play a secondary role to the STARS. Suddenly he felt small and tried too hard to gain some respect and be relevant, there you find your natural instinct totally deserted you, and that vicious circle and poisonous pit that can destroy any men's confidence.  :sleepy:
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion