What happen to our Suarez?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby parchpea » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:48 pm

Premier League suited Suarez who likes an aggressive, high tempo game and he loved playing the villain.

In Barcelona the team just gives the ball to Messi then Neymar and after that Suarez might get a touch of the
ball

At Liverpool everything went through Louis Suarez but I suspect hes happy enough, great team, great City and
a big wage.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:27 pm

ConnO'var » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:48 pm wrote:Our Suarez? I don't think he ever was ours... he only viewed us as a stepping stone.

I know it goes against the grain, but no... I would not have him back. If he thinks the pasture is greener elsewhere than he can stay there. Like others before him (in recent times I mean) who were adored and adulated but still think they can do better elsewhere, I only have one thing to say... you made your bed, now sleep in it. I would not have you back in any way, shape or form... be it Owen, Mascherano, Torres or Suarez. The message is the same. Get used up elsewhere and don't even think of coming back hoping for us to adore you again. Only one exception I have made and another I will make is for Robbie and Alonso... who were forced out I feel.

For those who wanted out and forced their way out, I have no sympathy and no forgiveness.

Better than LFC?
They will AND have found out otherwise.

I hoped they fail miserably everytime.

Interesting that you didn't include a certain Ian Rush in your somewhat sanctimonious protestations !! Don't you think for one moment that Liverpool were happy to get £75m for Suarez. That's a £53m profit. We could have fought to keep him. We didn't !! It's a tad naive mate to criticise a player for wanting to play on the biggest stage in the world. Suarez from the minute he started kicking a football on the backstreets of Montivideo has had a dream and he wasn't going to allow obstacles to get in his way. I certainly didn't agree with everything he did but I would be first in the queue to welcome him back with open arms.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:35 am

devaney » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:02 pm wrote:Eds - behave - only you could find vitriol and hate in this thread !!!  :laugh:

When Suarez was sold not only did the owners allow the buying committee to spend every penny they also added almost another £40m to the £75m. Total spend last season was£117m. Total net spend in the last four years is nearly £140m. Criticise some of the buys as much as you like. I would probably agree with most of them. We have made several ridiculous mistakes. Carroll being one of the worst in our history. However I certainly don't think that it is reasonable to criticise the owners for lack of ambition. They have done their bit - OTHERS AND I INCLUDE SOME PLAYERS CERTAINLY HAVEN'T. The transfer market has become increasing more difficult. The demands of players and their wives (Sanchez !!) has changed dramatically. Agents play a huge part as well. Would you chose to live in Liverpool over Barcelona or Madrid for example? Don't get me wrong I have lived in Liverpool all my life but I am realistic enough to understand why it would not necessarily be everybody's choice.

You only need to look at the rubbish the likes of 7_Kewell and other posters wrote in his time that Suarez was here, to understand that not everyone "loved" or "adored" him universally mate. These would be the same types that if they ever met him in person they would fawn all over him and ask for a picture and an autograph.  :laugh:

The point I'm making in regards to us being ambition-less has hardly to do with the money invested into our club, but more the restrictions that the owners have imposed on the recruiting committee and Rodgers since the whole Carroll and Downing debacles. It's quiet clear that there is a mandate to buy young or cheap "moneyball" type purchases with the money allocated to transfers each season, just look at ALL our signings since the 2011-2012 window. From that list I can only think of Adam Lallana that doesn't fit that mould.

Its absolutely stupid to ignore that half the reason why Suarez left was because he looked around and outside Sterling, Coutinho and Sturridge he didn't feel that the club could progress (in regards to challenging for trophies) if they didn't change their recruiting strategy. You would be an even bigger fool not to understand that at some stage he would have asked what players the club was going to try and get in the summer window. It wouldn't surprise me that this took place at some point during his last contract extension. As we saw again, we went down the same road and Suarez would have realised that his time at Liverpool was up. I can't criticism him for that like some of the mopping idiots on this forum. Fans quickly forget that it's a two way relationship, Suarez gave us everything last season to win us the title and what did we do in return go out and buy more youngsters?  So he had the choice of going to the likes of Barcelona playing alongside Messi and Neymar as compared to playing with a group of youngsters that had........."potential" to win stuff maybe in a "few years", not really a hard choice was it :help

As to your points on the transfer market, excuse if I am wrong but isn't that why Ayre and his legion of flying monkeys are paid MULTIPLE times what the likes of you and I make at our respective work places? I mean saying something like "the transfer market is tough these days" is so cliche and an easy way to excuse ineptitude of the highest order. So what if Sanchez wanted to live in London? He wasn't the first foreigner player with "clouded judgement" nor will he be the last. It's Rodgers, Ayre and other suit's job to convince top notch players like him to want to come here. Chelsea easily do this season in season out, Manure and City as well, Arsenal are also beginning to attract quality over youngsters, we on the other hand are looking at the Origi's, Markovic's and Can's of this world hoping that they will become world class like a Fabregas or Sanchez or Aguero or Di Maria. I really can't understand why as fans, we don't comprehend that in order to compete with the best we really need to be signing the best and not having some stupid "pipe" dream that all our youngsters will become world superstars.

It's embarassing having this conversation with the some on here that simply don't get it.  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby eds » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:51 am

ConnO'var » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:48 pm wrote:Our Suarez? I don't think he ever was ours... he only viewed us as a stepping stone.

I know it goes against the grain, but no... I would not have him back. If he thinks the pasture is greener elsewhere than he can stay there. Like others before him (in recent times I mean) who were adored and adulated but still think they can do better elsewhere, I only have one thing to say... you made your bed, now sleep in it. I would not have you back in any way, shape or form... be it Owen, Mascherano, Torres or Suarez. The message is the same. Get used up elsewhere and don't even think of coming back hoping for us to adore you again. Only one exception I have made and another I will make is for Robbie and Alonso... who were forced out I feel.

For those who wanted out and forced their way out, I have no sympathy and no forgiveness.

Better than LFC?

Dry your eyes Princess. We are talking about past Liverpool players here not ex-girlfriends or past wives  :laugh:

Outside of Torres and Owen (for obvious reasons)  I can easily forgive any of those players for choosing to make their short livelihood at the type of clubs they ended up going to. Especially at this stage of our club's history where we can't guarantee Champion League football.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby ConnO'var » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:31 am

eds » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:51 am wrote:

Better than LFC?

Dry your eyes Princess. We are talking about past Liverpool players here not ex-girlfriends or past wives  :laugh:

Outside of Torres and Owen (for obvious reasons)  I can easily forgive any of those players for choosing to make their short livelihood at the type of clubs they ended up going to. Especially at this stage of our club's history where we can't guarantee Champion League football.

That's your view and I respect that. Not everyone has the same set of values and principles.
You can forgive it, I can't and won't. Simple as.

Does not make me a princess or you an unprincipled person.

We're made differently... thats all.
ConnO'var

Postby ConnO'var » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:20 am

That's why I said in recent times, mate. When Rushie left, I don't recall it being done in any other manner except for dignified.In 1987, the internet was still in its infancy and social media did not exist. So for someone who was away at university, all we had were hard copy newspaper interviews and radios and TV explanations. There was a lot more privacy and not as open. Back then the media were not as horrific as it is now and news was a little more dignified. So I can't really say whether he left under a sour cloud or not. But my impression was no. As such I did not include him in my list as there was insufficient data to tar him with the same brush i used for the others.

Whether i should be tarring them at all or not is another matter. Just how I feel and my personal beliefs and code.

devaney » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:27 pm wrote:

Better than LFC?

Interesting that you didn't include a certain Ian Rush in your somewhat sanctimonious protestations !! Don't you think for one moment that Liverpool were happy to get £75m for Suarez. That's a £53m profit. We could have fought to keep him. We didn't !! It's a tad naive mate to criticise a player for wanting to play on the biggest stage in the world. Suarez from the minute he started kicking a football on the backstreets of Montivideo has had a dream and he wasn't going to allow obstacles to get in his way. I certainly didn't agree with everything he did but I would be first in the queue to welcome him back with open arms.
ConnO'var

Postby devaney » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:26 am

eds » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:35 am wrote:
devaney » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:02 pm wrote:Eds - behave - only you could find vitriol and hate in this thread !!!  :laugh:

When Suarez was sold not only did the owners allow the buying committee to spend every penny they also added almost another £40m to the £75m. Total spend last season was£117m. Total net spend in the last four years is nearly £140m. Criticise some of the buys as much as you like. I would probably agree with most of them. We have made several ridiculous mistakes. Carroll being one of the worst in our history. However I certainly don't think that it is reasonable to criticise the owners for lack of ambition. They have done their bit - OTHERS AND I INCLUDE SOME PLAYERS CERTAINLY HAVEN'T. The transfer market has become increasing more difficult. The demands of players and their wives (Sanchez !!) has changed dramatically. Agents play a huge part as well. Would you chose to live in Liverpool over Barcelona or Madrid for example? Don't get me wrong I have lived in Liverpool all my life but I am realistic enough to understand why it would not necessarily be everybody's choice.

You only need to look at the rubbish the likes of 7_Kewell and other posters wrote in his time that Suarez was here, to understand that not everyone "loved" or "adored" him universally mate. These would be the same types that if they ever met him in person they would fawn all over him and ask for a picture and an autograph.  :laugh:

The point I'm making in regards to us being ambition-less has hardly to do with the money invested into our club, but more the restrictions that the owners have imposed on the recruiting committee and Rodgers since the whole Carroll and Downing debacles. It's quiet clear that there is a mandate to buy young or cheap "moneyball" type purchases with the money allocated to transfers each season, just look at ALL our signings since the 2011-2012 window. From that list I can only think of Adam Lallana that doesn't fit that mould.

Its absolutely stupid to ignore that half the reason why Suarez left was because he looked around and outside Sterling, Coutinho and Sturridge he didn't feel that the club could progress (in regards to challenging for trophies) if they didn't change their recruiting strategy. You would be an even bigger fool not to understand that at some stage he would have asked what players the club was going to try and get in the summer window. It wouldn't surprise me that this took place at some point during his last contract extension. As we saw again, we went down the same road and Suarez would have realised that his time at Liverpool was up. I can't criticism him for that like some of the mopping idiots on this forum. Fans quickly forget that it's a two way relationship, Suarez gave us everything last season to win us the title and what did we do in return go out and buy more youngsters?  So he had the choice of going to the likes of Barcelona playing alongside Messi and Neymar as compared to playing with a group of youngsters that had........."potential" to win stuff maybe in a "few years", not really a hard choice was it :help

As to your points on the transfer market, excuse if I am wrong but isn't that why Ayre and his legion of flying monkeys are paid MULTIPLE times what the likes of you and I make at our respective work places? I mean saying something like "the transfer market is tough these days" is so cliche and an easy way to excuse ineptitude of the highest order. So what if Sanchez wanted to live in London? He wasn't the first foreigner player with "clouded judgement" nor will he be the last. It's Rodgers, Ayre and other suit's job to convince top notch players like him to want to come here. Chelsea easily do this season in season out, Manure and City as well, Arsenal are also beginning to attract quality over youngsters, we on the other hand are looking at the Origi's, Markovic's and Can's of this world hoping that they will become world class like a Fabregas or Sanchez or Aguero or Di Maria. I really can't understand why as fans, we don't comprehend that in order to compete with the best we really need to be signing the best and not having some stupid "pipe" dream that all our youngsters will become world superstars.

It's embarassing having this conversation with the some on here that simply don't get it.  :no

It's not embarrassing mate. Some people simply don't agree with your simplistic, and sorry to say, somewhat naive way of looking at things. Suarez had a dream to play for one of the very top clubs in the world. The geography also suited his wife as some of her family live there. I don't think Suarez was in the least bit interested who we were planning to buy. Suarez signed a contract extension to eradicate certain clauses. That suited Liverpool. They knew he was going and the extended contract ensured that we would receive a decent price. We would have got even more if the crazy fkr, who I adore, hadn't dined out on another player during the World Cup !!

Would we have got Sanchez if we had said to Barca that we are only prepared to sell Suarez if Sanchez is part of the deal. I don't know. Would you have taken the risk. £75m for a player that frankly not one other club showed any interest in was a lot of money. Like it or not he was damaged goods. Would you pay  the top price for a car that had a lot of dents in it? You criticise the buying committee but let's face it Ayres was involved in both the Torres and Suarez deals. We made a profit of nearly £80m on those two players. We sold them both at times in their respective careers when it clearly made a lot of financial sense to do so. We certainly got the very best years out of Torres and let's face it Luis's copybook was so blotted that we'd run out of ink !!! It is not all simply about buying the right players. Selling players at the right time is also very important. Sanchez was certainly by the look of things a massive loss to Liverpool. We have been linked with every man and his dog during every transfer window in recent years. Most of the rumours have proved to be nonsense but that doesn't stop people from thinking that we have lost out yet again. How many of the players that we have supposedly missed out on because of our negotiating style, apart from Sanchez, have gone on to be a real success?

And is it any wonder that the owners did impose restrictions after losing £35m on Carroll and Downing !! It is all very well adopting the theory that you win some and you lose some but those two mistakes were of ridiculous proportions. A lot of fans could see that before a ball was kicked by either player for Liverpool FC.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Kopite-Jud » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:43 am

Hope other players take a sharp notice.  The grass isn't always greener on the otherside.

Same happened with Torres.

Hope Coutinho/Sturridge and especially Sterling realise this.
Kopite-Jud

Postby devaney » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:45 pm

Kopite-Jud » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:43 am wrote:Hope other players take a sharp notice.  The grass isn't always greener on the otherside.

Same happened with Torres.

Hope Coutinho/Sturridge and especially Sterling realise this.

Just remind me what Torres actually won during his miserable time at Chelsea  :D  He was having a miserable time at Liverpool anyway at the time he was transferred. And I seem to remember he didn't win anything at Liverpool. Chelsea also paid him a lot more money and massive trophy winning bonuses. YES MATE IT WAS A BIT OF A SHIT MOVE FOR HIM  :laugh: The fkg grass wasn't greener it was paved with gold !!
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Previous