DANIEL STURRIDGE- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby devaney » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:21 pm

bunglemark2 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:54 pm wrote:Strange as it seems, I find myself agreeing with devaney

Kinell mate that must be a first  :laugh: Is it your time of the month or something  :laugh: Hope that doesn't offend any of our ladies - WHOOOOPS !!!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:24 pm

Thommo's perm

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:40 pm

I do think DS is a selfish player and that he could have passed the ball to players in better positions instead of trying to claim all the credit. And it's true that it's vital that that is drummed into his head as there may be days in the future where the score is 0-0 and he messes up the best chance of the game due to his selfishness. There has been a few incidents already no one can deny that. He should work on it. There's nothing wrong with pointing out flaws and that doesn't mean that the critic isn't grateful to have 2 of the best strikers in the league. And with Sterling and Coutinho supporting them, we've probably got the best attack in the league.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby devaney » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:43 pm

Thommo's perm » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:24 pm wrote:http://www.thisisanfield.com/2014/02/video-daniel-sturridge-motd2-compilation/
:bowdown

Thommo - what's your point mate? It clearly shows that Danny is shite  :laugh:

Couldn't fkg make it up !! I think of some of the utterly useless strikers we have had in the past and this lad is actually getting some flack. NOW IS NOT THE TIME !!!
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:48 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:40 pm wrote:I do think DS is a selfish player and that he could have passed the ball to players in better positions instead of trying to claim all the credit. And it's true that it's vital that that is drummed into his head as there may be days in the future where the score is 0-0 and he messes up the best chance of the game due to his selfishness. There has been a few incidents already no one can deny that. He should work on it. There's nothing wrong with pointing out flaws and that doesn't mean that the critic isn't grateful to have 2 of the best strikers in the league. And with Sterling and Coutinho supporting them, we've probably got the best attack in the league.

Are you talking about passing to a player in a better position when he has scored or when he misses? The reason I ask and I'm being serious is because he has scored a lot of almost impossible goals and it may have been more sensible to pass the ball than take the shot from a percentage success point of view. Strikers are always going to be selfish. It is their DNA.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:53 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:40 pm wrote:I do think DS is a selfish player and that he could have passed the ball to players in better positions instead of trying to claim all the credit. And it's true that it's vital that that is drummed into his head as there may be days in the future where the score is 0-0 and he messes up the best chance of the game due to his selfishness. There has been a few incidents already no one can deny that. He should work on it. There's nothing wrong with pointing out flaws and that doesn't mean that the critic isn't grateful to have 2 of the best strikers in the league. And with Sterling and Coutinho supporting them, we've probably got the best attack in the league.

So what is the point in "pointing out flaws"?
???
Thommo's perm

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:00 pm

devaney » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:48 pm wrote:

Are you talking about passing to a player in a better position when he has scored or when he misses? The reason I ask and I'm being serious is because he has scored a lot of almost impossible goals and it may have been more sensible to pass the ball than take the shot from a percentage success point of view. Strikers are always going to be selfish. It is their DNA.

I'm referring to the missed chances. I think my grip is that he can be better than how he is at the moment. I  feel he takes too many touches sometimes and the chance disappears. I'm not sure which game it was, but he was taken off after he missed a sitter as well as a penalty. That's the kind of thing you don't want. It's especially crucial seeing that our defense is ghastly. I agree with you though, that it's their nature. My feelings towards him aren't anything negative, it's more sympathetic if you get what I mean...as I honestly think he could and should be the league's top scorer by now. He's just been unreal since he's joined us.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:06 pm

To err is human, to forgive, divine...
Thommo's perm

Postby kazza » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:24 am

Thommo's perm » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:06 pm wrote:To err is human, to forgive, divine...

And to philosophise is for Facebook  :D
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:08 am

kazza » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:24 am wrote:
Thommo's perm » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:06 pm wrote:To err is human, to forgive, divine...

And to philosophise is for Facebook  :D

To moan or not to moan, that is the question...
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:31 am

Thommo's perm » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:53 pm wrote:

So what is the point in "pointing out flaws"?
???

You know observing, chatting, debating about the club you supporter. Is this a forum?
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:58 am

Yes it is a forum, and I understand why people want to have a good whinge and moan about a player who is head and shoulders above anyone in Europe at the minute. Of course people want to criticise him for his selfishness and wrong decisions, as its natural that people want him to be perfect and not make any mistakes. Thats what football fans do: point out someone's flaws to make the point that they are only observing, chatting and debating. How would it look if we all agreed that he was a boss player and a natural goalscorer who was on fire and is the envy of every other club in our league?
People would think we were talking through our ar'se!
:laugh:
Thommo's perm

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:22 am

Thommo's perm » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:58 am wrote:Yes it is a forum, and I understand why people want to have a good whinge and moan about a player who is head and shoulders above anyone in Europe at the minute. Of course people want to criticise him for his selfishness and wrong decisions, as its natural that people want him to be perfect and not make any mistakes. Thats what football fans do: point out someone's flaws to make the point that they are only observing, chatting and debating. How would it look if we all agreed that he was a boss player and a natural goalscorer who was on fire and is the envy of every other club in our league?
People would think we were talking through our ar'se!
:laugh:

Dunno about others but I don't class my observations as whinging or moaning.

I think Sturridge has been phenomenal this season, I'm one of his biggest supporters. However recently I noticed his team ethic changed. My point was it he could get that back, like at the beginning of the season our goal count would be even higher.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:35 am

I think that sturridges decision making at times is poor. But I think I can live with it given the fact he's destroyed sides all season,  and for the second half of last season. His record is phenomenal. The lads movement is world class and his composure one on one is as well. He will frustrate at times but I think anyone criticising him after scoring 2 and making one in a game is looking to try an prove a point to suit something they have said earlier in the season that now looks even harsher. The stats dont lie he's one of the best about.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby metalhead » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:14 pm

Ben Patrick » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:35 am wrote:I think that sturridges decision making at times is poor. But I think I can live with it given the fact he's destroyed sides all season,  and for the second half of last season. His record is phenomenal. The lads movement is world class and his composure one on one is as well. He will frustrate at times but I think anyone criticising him after scoring 2 and making one in a game is looking to try an prove a point to suit something they have said earlier in the season that now looks even harsher. The stats dont lie he's one of the best about.

:nod

He's been doing well so far and I hope it continues!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion