We still owe money for diouf!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Paul C » Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:37 pm

Bolton Wanderers will attempt to negotiate a cut-price deal with Liverpool to complete the transfer of El Hadji Diouf during next month's transfer window despite the Senegal striker being given a three-match ban for spitting at an opponent.
The improper conduct charge, admitted by the 23-year-old, was laid by the Football Association yesterday after television cameras caught him spitting in the Portsmouth captain Arjan de Zeeuw's face during Saturday's 1-0 defeat at the Reebok Stadium.

But Bolton officials have been privately impressed by Diouf's reaction to the misdemeanour and by his displays since joining on loan in August. Gérard Houllier paid Lens £10m for the striker just before the 2002 World Cup - a tournament in which he excelled - on a five-year contract worth £30,000 a week but he scored only six goals in 80 appearances. Liverpool have still to complete the payment of that transfer fee and are paying a proportion of his wages over the course of his season-long loan at the Reebok.

Bolton may attempt to extend that wage agreement over the remaining years of Diouf's contract and hope a nominal fee will secure his signature.

Diouf will be banned from the Premiership games with Everton, Norwich and Manchester City. The fact that he has admitted the charge means the case will not be referred to a disciplinary commission.

He has also issued a public apology to De Zeeuw, accepted the maximum permitted fine of two weeks' wages imposed by Bolton and promised to clean up his act. He has been equally apologetic to his team-mates.

Bolton will refer him to an in-house sports psychologist, aware that spitting has been a recurrent problem. Police on Teesside are investigating claims that he spat a drink at an 11-year-old fan during Bolton's visit to Middlesbrough on November 7 and he was fined for spitting at a Celtic fan during a Uefa Cup tie in Glasgow in 2002.

"At this moment there is no possibility that Diouf will return," said Liverpool's manager Rafael Benítez. "We have very good strikers and I am thinking only of my own strikers. He is playing at Bolton now and is not my player."
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:40 pm

Worse than that we are still paying part of his wages, while he is playing for Bolton. The lad is like a bit of dog turd stuck on your shoe, you can't shake it off unless you use bleach !!
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:45 pm

Surely there must be some kind of misconduct in that contract that liverpool can pull out of it? ???
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:45 pm

We need to get rid of this player.  What a ****** mistake on a massive scale it was to sign him. 

Houllier has a lot to answer for as far as this player is concerned.  :angry:
jonnymac1979

Postby banana » Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:45 pm

Diouf is not a £ 11 million failure. His total price tag is quickly approaching £ 15 million all included. What a waste.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:50 pm

hes in trouble again for this

???
Liverpool's loaned out striker El-Hadji Diouf could be fined as much as £2,500 for breaking the law while on a shopping trip in the city.

The Senegalese international has been reported to the police for:

driving his Lincoln Navigator (like the one above) while using an in-car DVD player

not wearing a seatbealt at the same time

having a personalised registration plate D10UFY with no spaces between the characters

parking on double yellow lines for over an hour

The player has been slammed by RoadPeace, a charity which helps road crash victims, for having the DVD player switched on and for blasting rap music out while in control of the vehicle.

A spokesperson for the charity said: "Public figures should set a good example and El-Hadji Diouf is not doing that. By behaving in this way he's not only a danger to himself but to the rest of the public."
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:54 pm

banana wrote:Diouf is not a £ 11 million failure. His total price tag is quickly approaching £ 15 million all included. What a waste.

15 million for a sack of ******
my wallet could do more to make the 15 million than diouf and my wallet does spit at players
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:58 pm

Redrider wrote:Worse than that we are still paying part of his wages, while he is playing for Bolton. The lad is like a bit of dog turd stuck on your shoe, you can't him off unless you use bleach !!

LMFAO  :D
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:00 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:hes in trouble again for this

???
Liverpool's loaned out striker El-Hadji Diouf could be fined as much as £2,500 for breaking the law while on a shopping trip in the city.

The Senegalese international has been reported to the police for:

driving his Lincoln Navigator (like the one above) while using an in-car DVD player

not wearing a seatbealt at the same time

having a personalised registration plate D10UFY with no spaces between the characters

parking on double yellow lines for over an hour

The player has been slammed by RoadPeace, a charity which helps road crash victims, for having the DVD player switched on and for blasting rap music out while in control of the vehicle.

A spokesperson for the charity said: "Public figures should set a good example and El-Hadji Diouf is not doing that. By behaving in this way he's not only a danger to himself but to the rest of the public."

Is it a pink Lincoln Navigator with fluffy interior, I bet he was watching g3y p0rn on the DVD screens :D
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:24 pm

its a bloody witch the amount of people out coming out now after the celtix incident saying diouf did this diouf did that west ham fans did it :angry: :angry:
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:29 pm

The Canadian Red Army wrote:15 million for a sack of ******

I think that sums it up perfectly.  :angry:
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:30 pm

A bit of sensationalism in this thread, I would guess that every footballer bought will have some kind of performance/instalments in the terms of payment.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:47 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:A bit of sensationalism in this thread, I would guess that every footballer bought will have some kind of performance/instalments in the terms of payment.

With Houllier...will anything surprises you ?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion