We knocked ourselves out

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby adamnbarrett » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:17 am

lakes10 wrote:
Woollyback wrote:bad result = lakes appears :laugh:

funny you never say anything when i am on here during the week when we are not playing.

i am am not even getting into all this tonight as i am too f*** off and i am going to bed and put the dvd on of last years CL final.
goodnight

my dvd has been on since 10:30  :D
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:25 am

Paul C wrote:Come on guys, Cisse is poor! he is bad in front of goal, his first touch is awful, he is ALWAYS complaining and he hasn't got a 'football brain' :(

Is he bad in front of goal (personally, I don't think he is)? Or should that be, is he any worse than what we have playing up front at the min at finishing? Would you rather we stick with Morientes?

IMO Paul, Cisse is underated. As I mentioned, people are quick to slag the lad off. Yes he does frustrate at times. He's playing bit parts and when he does play, out of position.

Yes, his touch does let him down. So does Garcia's, and i'm a supporter of him also. How can we exprect the guy to really eradicate this if he isn't played in his proper position and/or regularly?

Just like points make prizes, goals win games. Cisse can score those goals for us for the remainder of the season, as he already has done it this season.

what do we have to lose anyway?  ???

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:31 am

romliv wrote:just a question : Baros wasn't he the man???

No, Baros wasn't the man. After seeing our strike force today you could call for any our past striker to be a god - Heskey anyone ???
Baros wouldn't agree to sit on the bench and he had to go. About our striking force.
Cisse - seeing his clips back at Auxerre (as I recall) it was a different player then. He had dynamite in his shot, and what's important he could point that shot into the net, what he's incapable of doing now :( What happened ?

Moro - amazing at Real, shined bright as a star in Monaco, very poor shadow of himself at Liverpool - again, WTF happened ?

Crouch - woodsman, tall, but not a striking or heading threat, still got some time to develop. We'll see.

Fowler - still hasn't been given a chance for some time on the field, and very unlucky with his goals ruled out as offsides :(

To sum it up, as someone pointed - on the paper we have amazing strikeforce, but for some strange reasons all strikers have lost their strinking capabilities and I'm afraid the when we do get some clinical striker in the summer, he'll also loose his scoring abilities :(
Some work on Rafa and training staff side will have to be made, I just hope it'll be soon ...

I'm sad that we're out of the CL, but if you're true Red, You'll stand behind the team even more strongly.
One positive fact after the CL exit - we'll shake off some gloryhunter-supporters, which will now turn to Milan, Barca or some other team that'll win the CL.

YNWA.  :buttrock
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:38 am

I just wonder with the Cisse argument, at what stage does Rafa consider Cisse a better bet than Morientes? Is there any point in the future when he is likely to say, "tell you what, feck it we'll give the French fella a go". Because the thing that troubles me is that if Cisse isn't a better bet than Morientes right now then he is even worse than many people on here think.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:38 am

ok the posts just keep growing and growing so im gonna say what i wanna say right now, 6 pints down me but a nice Morley's meal on the way......

ok. Crouch was not good tonight....Cisse needs to play as a striker not a winger, have you noticed every time he gets the ball he stops tries to take it around, then crosses and its usually deflected...you know why? HES A STRIKER NOT A PLAYER YOU CAN CHANGE INTO A MIDFIELDER.

Gerrard was the only one who looked bothered tonight, and even he fucced up on occasion cos of being "over eager". Alonso had an alright game....garcia should be a sub and should never start a game ever again, the back 4 were pretty :censored: except for Finnan who did well in the 1st half. Traore was :censored:, yes, but we had no other choice but to play him.....

Nando is not even worth commenting on right now, i reckon if anyone HE should be converted into a midfielder...but he has no energy and lets face it he'll need a new hip after 2 games.

But every cloud has a silver lining....ours being that we can concentrate on 2nd place and the FA cup, 2nd place is a must cos of the amount of matches we've had this season....and with the world cup we can't afford another season with tired players.

I believe our players can bounce back from this.....i don't think we would have won the CL anyways even tho we are better this season then last (except our strikers).

Give Benitez whatever he wants cos lets face it, we see ourselves complaining about this when 2-6 years ago we would be over the moon with our position right now.....shows our standards are higher, why? cos of what sort of team we are now....

yeah. :buttrock
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby Paul C » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:41 am

Feeney wrote:
Paul C wrote:Come on guys, Cisse is poor! he is bad in front of goal, his first touch is awful, he is ALWAYS complaining and he hasn't got a 'football brain' :(

Is he bad in front of goal (personally, I don't think he is)? Or should that be, is he any worse than what we have playing up front at the min at finishing? Would you rather we stick with Morientes?

IMO Paul, Cisse is underated. As I mentioned, people are quick to slag the lad off. Yes he does frustrate at times. He's playing bit parts and when he does play, out of position.

Yes, his touch does let him down. So does Garcia's, and i'm a supporter of him also. How can we exprect the guy to really eradicate this if he isn't played in his proper position and/or regularly?

Just like points make prizes, goals win games. Cisse can score those goals for us for the remainder of the season, as he already has done it this season.

I think Morientes should go too, neither of them can score in a brothal
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:44 am

bigmick wrote:I just wonder with the Cisse argument, at what stage does Rafa consider Cisse a better bet than Morientes? Is there any point in the future when he is likely to say, "tell you what, feck it we'll give the French fella a go". Because the thing that troubles me is that if Cisse isn't a better bet than Morientes right now then he is even worse than many people on here think.

I don't think it's his ability that is the problem, he's just a sulky thick fecker.

If he (Rafa) does want to get rid of him Mick, surely common sense would suggest to put him in the side, get him in the French squad playing in the World Cup and get more cash for him than we would within the present situation? there's no way Morro holds more cash value...?

I just think we have nothing to lose in sticking him in - especially against Arsenal, whose defence at the min is shambolic.

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:46 am

Paul C wrote:
Feeney wrote:

I think Morientes should go too, neither of them can score in a brothal

Sod it, I give up - EVERYONE - Paul C cannot be pleased, no matter what

:laugh:  :D

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:47 am

Ciggy wrote:Right Im ready for a fucking rant :angry:
Constant persistance with Fernando Morientes has cost us prem games plus CL games.
I know he is Rafa's best mate but FFS Rafa we went out of Europe tonight because you persist on playing him.
Pongolle could come off the bench and turn a game, Milan Baros ran his heart out for Liverpool had pace was a goal threat but he got shipped off and out aswell.

In comes Peter Crouch BTW he is still not good enough for Liverpool football club, harsh but true I know the idea of him sort of thing but he is just a taller Heskey.
We have never replaced Michael Owen, he would have a f.uckin field day with the chances we create.

We didnt get beat over 2 legs I am not Mourhino but Benfica where there for the taking sorry, if we took our chances in the first half with a prolific goal scorer we would have gone through.

so basicly we knocked ourselves out because we fail to put it in the onion bag.
A game to far aswell maybe thanx to UEFA with us having a two week holiday then back to buisness, oh well we can concentrate on finishing 2nd now (goals permitting :glare: )
Probably play them feckin cheating rent boys in the F.A.Cup.

So guys we are still in with a chance of the F.A.Cup and automatic qualification to the CL next season.

Well....i still stand by these points (which i made at the start of the season & every now and then)

1)Selling baros was a mistake (looking at the strikers at the club)

2)Crouch is not good enuff for LFC. He is an awful target man.

3)Morientes is a has been.........no other comments needed.

4)Cisse is still the best striker we have now....If he had played as a centre forward from the start of the season, we might had a more successful season.

So far the 1st 3 points have been more or less proven.......

The thing is we have to get rid of all of our strikers in the summer (apart from fowler & pongolle) if we are to progress.

Ever since crouch came into our team, our attack has been so static....(hit long ball to crouch, aim every corner to crouch's head..etc)...give me a break.   :no
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:48 am

Just got back from the game and without sounding like some tired old prophet I suspected we might go out tonight (See page 2 of Liverpool /Benfica thread).......

The reality is that we haven't played well as a team since the turn of the year with one notable exception (Arsenal at home) on Valentines day.

We can't buy a goal at present through a mixture of inompetence, lack of confidence and poor positioning. Fowler's now had three chalked off but you just sensed it wasn't going to be our night and when it's said and done Benfica were average but their no Olympiakos ???

It's going to be hard to bounce back quickly after this setback but bounce back we must starting on Sunday. I'm going to the game on Sunday and meeting up with my mate whose an Arsenal fan and yes he's going to be feckin unbearable :D

Walk on ............
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:52 am

play morientes or crouch on the rite theyre bound 2 moan like cisse he is a player hu wants 2 score goals no play on the wing for the last 20  mins everygame if i were cisse i wud be moanin
Kopite-Jud

Postby Gareth G » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:58 am

It's funny to see a few of the Cisse bashers comments. Everyone's quick to judge, but they are putting a guy down who has spent majority on the bench, when played, put on the right wing - and is our 2nd top scorer, having scored 4 more than Crouch and Morientes respectively. Beggars belief     

F*cking finally someone with the same opinion as me. I always maintained he need's chances to prove himself and I get the "he's had plenty of chances". The fact is, 10 - 15 minute's at the end of a game ( when most time's we're defending to see out a win ) doesn't count as a chance.

I thought Cisse was brilliant against Charlton last Saturday, he really tried hard, made goal oportunities out of nothing and whipped in some class ball's, did he get any credit - f*cking sure he didn't. Again tonight, he came on and tried hard, he was the only one who showed any passion, he whipped a few class ball's in again, tracked back and put in some good hard tackled ( remember this is a striker here, not a right midfielder ) and absolutely blew a fuse at Benfica player's for time wasting.

Please for f*ck sake give him a chance up front, I know he can do it.

People keep going on about a class striker, we could actually have one right under our noses. All he need's is a run of games and a boost of confidence ( which he'll get from playing regularly, I've seen flashes of sheer brilliance from him before and I really believe he's a ticking bomb waiting to explode with goal's.
Last edited by Gareth G on Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:04 am

cudnt agree more all he wants to do is play in his position and score for a club he loves
i would be furious if i never gt played or bought on for the last 20 mins every game or got played in a position i dont like
Kopite-Jud

Postby Kopite-Jud » Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:11 am

l-i-v...e-r-p double o l liverpool fc
Kopite-Jud

Postby 65-1140560321 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:12 am

Ciggy Agree.

I know all of you hate me, am Im not gonna have a wild Rant, this is the new Hustler, a more composed response.

But I hate to say I told you so. Read my post on Page two of "champions of Europe V Benfica"  I said we needed to score in the first 25 mins. PLease check my post out.

What happens, we had about 5 very good chances when we were on top, and Crouch misses a sitter! and we fluffed them all again.

then what happens Carra fluffs it, goes to 3 foot 2 ins, Samoa, and he buries it in the top corner, first chance. showed our strikers how to score, and showed them up.

not being funny, but we didnt look like scoring one after that, never mind three.

I have to blame Rafa I'm sorry, he is s good mananger, but why spend 14m for CIsse, then play him on the Wing ?? he's not a winger. PLaying Moro when he obviously cant score, and not playing Hamann when he's the best retainer of the ball the game has ever seen!

Carra should stop going forward for corners, he hit the post, fluffed a sitter from a corner first half, then skyed a free header over the bar, second half. bad game for Carra by me. Stop getting forward jamie please. 2 out of 10 tonight.

It's crucial you take your chances in the CL, and Benfica deserved to go through, as the only two chances they had were buried with conviction in our net!

Not being funny, but our Premiership form finally caught up with us. Our "one goal a season " strikers are just a joke if you ask me, and it doesnt stop there!

Crouch, I cannot understand why Rafa bought him from RELAGATED SOUTHAMPTON, then coming into the champions league!.....He's way out of his depth and is Unproven. Ok he scores the odd goal, but please! he's out of his league. He's slow to get to the ball and ponderous.

Morientes.....is spent! it's so obvious and he has no strength.
he should be sent to the reserves for the rest of the season.

Cisse...offers nothing.. what a waste of cash, he's a striker, and Rafa plays him on the wing! what on earth for?

Fowler...sentiment aside, he is spent!

what on earth are Pongolle and Mellor doing out on loan? these are two of the best strikers we had. Also, a lot of you guys wanted Baros out last season for only scoring 13, but what have we got now? our "one goal a season" strikers.
At least Milan Chased every single ball. I never wanted him to go.

Harry kewell too, what on earth did he do? he doesn't have the strength or determination to be an LFC player. he has no bottle. he's a wimp. where was the fight tonight?

Im sorry but Rafas judgement has cost us in the CL. and our Crown! Now what have we got to play for. The FA cup, where we are certain to be drawn V chelsea again!

People in this Forum dont like me, saying I dont support the team. But my critisisms are spot on, and I am always proved RIGHT! I always am. Half of you in here have not got a clue what you are on about. I just laugh at a lot of posts in here! Before we play every game peeople are saying , We'll win 3-0  we'll win 4-0 . etc etc. you havent got a clue! be more realistic. Morientes could not score in a Brothel with the Bill paid !! ,anymore, he is well spent.
I dont criticise the team for laughs, I do it for the good of the team. We need to spend mega bucks for the best players in the world, as cheap alternatives are not good enough!

Beaten 0-2 by one of the worst teams in the last 16 is a joke.the Crowd signing Youll never walk alone, and Rafa benitez after they scored the 2nd goal was shameful. LFc deserved to be BOOED off the pitch. Otherwise No-one will bat an eyelid and Morientes will probably start V arsenal this weekend. Rafa needs to be told, stop fiddling with Cr*p strikers.
I cant see him getting a lot of cash, as we are supposed to be finding money for a new stadium. SO Rafa could be off too!

And Bill Shankly will be turning in his grave right now, with a team full of these overpaid nancy boys ie; cisse , moro, garcia, kewell, etc, who are having a laugh all the way to the bank! and havent ONE OUNCE of fight in them.

What happened to the LFC teams that used to spank teams 4, 5, 6 and 7...NIL ?

People say we shouldnt spend 20m, 30m on one player...Whey not ? there are players out there who can make a difference. Van Nistlerooy, Henry....20+ goals a seaosn players. So too Owen.  Its Not Rocket Science. SOme players you can buy with your Eyes shut.

Rafa Get it sorted.
Last edited by 65-1140560321 on Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
65-1140560321

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion