Knocked out again...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sir Roger » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:21 am

I am by nature a cynic
I am by nature critical
I am by nature someone who hates losing
All of these together make me not very good company to say the least when we get beat
However
I can only state how proud I was to be a Red last night. The way the team played in the face of such adversity made me realise truly how lucky I am to support LFC. A monumental task was in front of a manager and team without their best player who just happens to be the game-winner. Was he missed? Probably, but to watch the performance last night you wouldnt have thought so. There was a mountain to be climbed and we gave our very best shot and were so unlucky not to reach the summit.
I liken it to the "Thriler in Manila" where Ali and Frazier slugged it out all those years ago. It ended much the same with Chelsea and ourselves worn out and with them praying for the final whistle. Im sure if we would have carried on another ten minutes we would have won. Who knows? But to come within one goal of winning after being 3 away goals down must surely rank as the game of the season?
Rafa and the players must take credit for a truly valiant effort which had a whole host of emotions (mostly fear for Chelsea fans and then relief) throughout a fantastic contest.
As I said at the beginning, I am a fierce critic when I believe that people dont try their best. And although I could be pedantic and pick out one or two mistakes I wont because this was not about mistakes. It was about courage, passion, determination and effort. What our team did last night was magnificent and for me has done two things:
Shown once again that LFC is a force to be reckoned with and given us the belief that we can push on for the title.
With performances like that we cannot be that far away
Well done to everyone.
YNWA
:nod
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby freddies dead » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:22 am

:bowdown

how many football fans must look at us thro jealous green eyes?
freddies dead

Postby GYBS » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:23 am

All 14 players and manager did us proud last night with their effort passion and determination .Was a fitting game for this time of year .

YNWA
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby freddies dead » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:26 am

GYBS wrote:All 14 players and manager did us proud last night with their effort passion and determination .Was a fitting game for this time of year .

YNWA

yeah there were fans there too
freddies dead

Postby Avi Cohen » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:27 am

Well said, Sir Roger.

After about two hours of bitching and moaning and complaining that we were dumped out of the CL by a player who shouldn't be allowed to play football because of his cheating (Drogba) I went to bed unusually happy because I'm a Liverpool supporter.

The team were up against it from the off but went for it anyway. A never-say-die attitude that I hope will continue in the league.

Come on you red men!
AND HERE COMES AVI COHEN!! OH I SAY - AT THE SAME END HE'S GOT ONE BACK!!!!!!!!!!
Avi Cohen

Postby GYBS » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:28 am

Spot on Avi - carry on the belief into the league - lets hope the mancs go through tonight to add more games onto their schedule to make it even harder for them in the prem .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:29 am

filcombesacant wrote:
GYBS wrote:All 14 players and manager did us proud last night with their effort passion and determination .Was a fitting game for this time of year .

YNWA

yeah there were fans there too

I know - and they were praised last night plenty of times by myself and others.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby freddies dead » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:30 am

GYBS wrote:Spot on Avi - carry on the belief into the league - lets hope the mancs go through tonight to add more games onto their schedule to make it even harder for them in the prem .

are you mad ? a WUM ?
hope manure go thro ? i hope that get tore a new a rse as should any self respecting liverpool fan
freddies dead

Postby Sir Roger » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:31 am

Avi Cohen wrote:Well said, Sir Roger.

After about two hours of bitching and moaning and complaining that we were dumped out of the CL by a player who shouldn't be allowed to play football because of his cheating (Drogba) I went to bed unusually happy because I'm a Liverpool supporter.

The team were up against it from the off but went for it anyway. A never-say-die attitude that I hope will continue in the league.

Come on you red men!

Liverpool Football Club at its best:
Inspirational, never give in, go down fighting, never surrender.

Everything that makes us what we are:
LFC - The greatest club in the World
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Fauxy » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:05 pm

filcombesacant whats your dealio with GYBS ?

Every comment he makes you seem to be up his :censored: lol

:lookaround
Fauxy

Postby Octsky » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:14 pm

Sir Roger wrote:I am by nature a cynic
I am by nature critical
I am by nature someone who hates losing
All of these together make me not very good company to say the least when we get beat
However
I can only state how proud I was to be a Red last night. The way the team played in the face of such adversity made me realise truly how lucky I am to support LFC. A monumental task was in front of a manager and team without their best player who just happens to be the game-winner. Was he missed? Probably, but to watch the performance last night you wouldnt have thought so. There was a mountain to be climbed and we gave our very best shot and were so unlucky not to reach the summit.
I liken it to the "Thriler in Manila" where Ali and Frazier slugged it out all those years ago. It ended much the same with Chelsea and ourselves worn out and with them praying for the final whistle. Im sure if we would have carried on another ten minutes we would have won. Who knows? But to come within one goal of winning after being 3 away goals down must surely rank as the game of the season?
Rafa and the players must take credit for a truly valiant effort which had a whole host of emotions (mostly fear for Chelsea fans and then relief) throughout a fantastic contest.
As I said at the beginning, I am a fierce critic when I believe that people dont try their best. And although I could be pedantic and pick out one or two mistakes I wont because this was not about mistakes. It was about courage, passion, determination and effort. What our team did last night was magnificent and for me has done two things:
Shown once again that LFC is a force to be reckoned with and given us the belief that we can push on for the title.
With performances like that we cannot be that far away
Well done to everyone.
YNWA
:nod

true to that...true to that..
we are all proud.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby Octsky » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:17 pm

filcombesacant wrote:
GYBS wrote:Spot on Avi - carry on the belief into the league - lets hope the mancs go through tonight to add more games onto their schedule to make it even harder for them in the prem .

are you mad ? a WUM ?
hope manure go thro ? i hope that get tore a new a rse as should any self respecting liverpool fan

man u should progress...hell let them progress to the CL final too..they are going to get trash by barca anyway.
do you know what draining the CL tie is? man u will crack soon due to fatigue.  :cool:
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:31 pm

That was my point Octsky , unfortunalty it gets lost on some
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KennyisGod....still » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:24 pm

only problem with the CL bein drainin is manure aint really got any travellin overnite $h1t now, jus a trip to london. wudv been nice hasd they had to go to outer siberia or summat! I really aint bothered which of them gets to the final, jus so long as manure dont win it. like to see the goonies win it if its to be a british club, 2nd choice wud be barca. 3rd choice wud be cancel the whole thing due to lack of interest.
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby we all dream... » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:58 pm

Great post. Totally agreed and it is bang in line with everything I have been saying to anyone who will listen over the passed 48 hours.

I am so proud to support Liverpool. Such an amazing club, great fans, great history. Recently awesome on the field and Tuesday night was fantastic and that's after a loss so it must have been some acheivmet. I got a text from a mate who is a Leeds fan at half time saying 'only Liverpool FC could do this' and that sort of says it all realy. Gutted we scored 4 but we shaln't dwell on the negatives.... The fans did a sterling job as ever. Yesterday, though, well yesterday topped it off. I was watching the events unfold in a sombre state but with an enormous sense of pride for the people of Liverpool, the fans, the club and everybody involved. Such a terrible day on the grand scheme of things but in a way it has shown so many people in the public domain the truth and hopefully it will have done alot of good. t must have been a unbelievably hard day for the berieved, I think the club did a good job for the family's as they have done ever since. I think it was god to see the JF96 chant blasted out, I have heard others say it marred the day it was about remembrence not revolt, but I am not sure... 

I have always been proud to be a tiny member of this wonderful establishment, never more so than today.

YNWA

R.I.P.

JF96
we all dream...
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion