We knocked ourselves out

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby African-red » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:08 am

Is this arrogance or ignorance? Why are we still playing Moro from the start with Crouch. Cisse is the best combination with any other strikers we have. He is dissapointing but I will bet on him 3000 times than on Moro. Is more threatning and playing centre forward I am sure he would score. At least he's one striker we have now. I know Rafa wants the game play to involve all players now but if we can analyse how he was used in Auxerre and for France than let's do it as his goal return was good. He's what we have for now that is at least threatening to other teams.
African-red

Postby Judge » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:30 am

Ciggy wrote:Right Im ready for a fucking rant :angry:
Constant persistance with Fernando Morientes has cost us prem games plus CL games.
I know he is Rafa's best mate but FFS Rafa we went out of Europe tonight because you persist on playing him.
Pongolle could come off the bench and turn a game, Milan Baros ran his heart out for Liverpool had pace was a goal threat but he got shipped off and out aswell.

In comes Peter Crouch BTW he is still not good enough for Liverpool football club, harsh but true I know the idea of him sort of thing but he is just a taller Heskey.
We have never replaced Michael Owen, he would have a f.uckin field day with the chances we create.

We didnt get beat over 2 legs I am not Mourhino but Benfica where there for the taking sorry, if we took our chances in the first half with a prolific goal scorer we would have gone through.

so basicly we knocked ourselves out because we fail to put it in the onion bag.
A game to far aswell maybe thanx to UEFA with us having a two week holiday then back to buisness, oh well we can concentrate on finishing 2nd now (goals permitting :glare: )
Probably play them feckin cheating rent boys in the F.A.Cup.

So guys we are still in with a chance of the F.A.Cup and automatic qualification to the CL next season.

have to agree ciggy.

cisse - can run fast, but thats it
morientes - unable to score in a brothel that gives it away free.
crouch - useless stick

------------------------------------------------------

on the bright side

fowler - scored three times for us, but denied by some idiot ref or linesman

------------------------------------------------------

you tell me scenario

sinama - why the fuck have we farmed him out on loan??

also

i'd have rather had mellor playing up front than that retarded morientes

wtf

-------------------------------------------------rant over

lets get 2nd in the league and the FA Cup
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 107-1141734023 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:37 am

Well i guessed the score, just the wrong way around

if only pool had decent strikers, gerrards papered over the cracks for too long now. if he doesn't play well then pool dont

i wanna know why morientes is so bad after being one of the best strikers in european football for years!

I'm happy though :D  cos with this team they would never have won it anyway
107-1141734023

Postby dawson99 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:00 am

it was awful. I think carragher had more shots on target than anyone. Is anyone else starting to think that certain strikers dont onlyt lack the skill but also the passion of the club?
We really need to turn this around because last night was absolutely woeful and i cant see how things will improve until we get a new striker or 3
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 107-1141734023 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:00 am

LIVERPOOL were labelled ‘easy meat’ by Benfica as they ended the reign of the European champions.

Boss Ronald Koeman stuck the knife in after seeing Rafa Benitez’s side fail to score for a FOURTH straight Euro tie.

Koeman said: “Scoring became a mental problem for them after the first 25 minutes . . . and in the second half it was easy.

“They had two or three big chances early on and you could see them lose confidence.

“Then we scored a fabulous goal from Simao. It is not normal for them to score three or four goals and they knew that was what they had to do once we scored.”

Benitez insisted: “We are creating plenty of chances and, if we keep doing that, we will score goals.”

Anfailed

RAFA BENITEZ saw his goal-shy strikers chuck away Liverpool’s European crown.

And his dejected skipper Steven Gerrard admitted: “It was so important to get an early goal but we failed.

"It is down to a lack of confidence from not putting our chances away. And once they scored you really began to worry.

“It is a massive disappointment to go out, but Benfica deserved to go through.

“We were the better team early on and had three or four good opportunities to score and didn’t take advantage.

“This is a huge competition and now it becomes even more important to make sure we are in it again next season.

“I can’t wait to have another crack at it.”

Boss Benitez used all four of his frontline strikers to no avail.

Peter Crouch and Fernando Morientes started while Djibril Cisse and Robbie Fowler saw action as second-half substitutes.

But only ONE member of that quartet has managed to hit the net this year — Crouch’s FA Cup winner against Manchester United.

Benitez said: “Maybe we need to create even more chances.

“It became more difficult for us after we failed to score at the start and then we made a mistake that led to their first goal.

“After that everything changed. Every minute, every ball becomes more difficult.

“It is really disappointing because we had a lot of confidence going into the game. You could see from the players’ faces that they thought it was very possible to go through.

“But you cannot just blame the strikers.

“After the first 20 minutes we made mistakes in defence and failed to control the midfield, so it is about all the team.

“Now we must concentrate on the next game against Arsenal.

“We must talk about that and keep our belief that we can beat any team when we play well and take our chances.”

Benfica boss Ronald Koeman said: “I thought it was going to be our night when they missed those early chances.”
107-1141734023

Postby Ciggy » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:01 am

Atleast we can concentrate on finishing 2nd now we are out of the CL.
God forbid Arsenal go on and win it we finish fourth and get relegated to the UEFA Cup.
So therefore I am a bit glad we are out of it.
We have played double the amount of games than any other team in Europe :no .
We have missed Sissoko the last two games, and Zenden also, atleast he could chip in with goals.

Rafa has to seriously address this Morientes situation the favourtism is one thing but not when its costing us vital points in vital games.
If the game was still going on now he still would NOT have scored.

I think we have to give Cisse another try alongside Fowler for a bit, Morientes and Crouch have had their chance now its time to give other players their chances.
Fowler has found the net on 3 occations and sadly all been rulled offside, BUT atleast he is getting into positions to score.
Not like the others missing sitters.

This is just not acceptable for LIVERPOOL FOOTABLL CLUB.

CROUCH

The jury is out for me with Crouch.
This season he has scored 9 goals in 31 starts, poor.
1 goal in 11 starts in 2006.

MORIENTES

In 2006 Morientes has scored 0 goals in 10 starts.
In fact this whole season  he has scored  6 goals in 26
starts. Feckin awful. Sorry Rafa but you have to drop him.

CISSE

Cisse has 9 goals in 20 starts most of them goals came from him playing out on the right.
Surely he has to have a chance upfront with Fowler, because if we want that 2nd place, you need to score more goals it could come down to the wire between us and the mancs and they would get 2nd on goal difference alone.

FOWLER

6 appearences scored 3, linesman has given offside for the 3 of them. BUT ATLEAST THE BALL IS IN THE BACK OF THE NET.
And offers that threat, I dont think any defenders worry when Morientes and Crouch have the ball TBH as they dont pose much of a threat.

This needs sorting out ASAP.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:01 am

we are all sad today so heres a joke:

a bear, lion and chicken are talking amongst themselves about who's the toughest.

The bear says ''when i bellow the whole forest rumbles''

then the lion says ''thats nothing, when i roar all the jungle quakes''

then the little chicken pipes up and says ''well lads, when i SNEEZE all the world shits itself''

:D good eh :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:02 am

ciggy, am i reading this right? are u actually willing to give cisse another chance? everyone is gonna be down today, we need to cheer up or the rest of the week is gonna suck so much
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:05 am

kopBabe23 wrote:Anfailed

:angry: P.iss off Manc.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:06 am

between them we have ONE goal in 44 total matches
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:08 am

dawson99 wrote:ciggy, am i reading this right? are u actually willing to give cisse another chance? everyone is gonna be down today, we need to cheer up or the rest of the week is gonna suck so much

Dawson lad he cant be as bad as the other two can?
If he is we are in serious trouble.
They are paid to score goals, where is the passion?
Do they realise that this is Liverpool football club they are playing for and who are paying their wages?
They need to wake up or ship out of our great club.
Its an honour to play for the reds its about time they earned it.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:10 am

i totally agree ciggy. i think i should come up there and play. i dunno what we need. everyone says we will destroy a team one day but i really dunno how when our strikers are about as useful as a condom on a cactus
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 107-1141734023 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:10 am

pool were poor, shame simao didn't join in the summer

even united beat these so how come we couldn't? didn't even get a goal over the two legs
107-1141734023

Postby 107-1141734023 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:11 am

dawson99 wrote:i totally agree ciggy. i think i should come up there and play. i dunno what we need. everyone says we will destroy a team one day but i really dunno how when our strikers are about as useful as a condom on a cactus

:D  :D  :D  :D
107-1141734023

Postby Judge » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:13 am

dawson99 wrote:i totally agree ciggy. i think i should come up there and play. i dunno what we need. everyone says we will destroy a team one day but i really dunno how when our strikers are about as useful as a condom on a cactus

well, morientes is about as useful as a pork chop at a jewish wedding
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion